Destination D23 2021

DoleWhipDrea

Remember guys, its the fans fault. Disney has no control whatsoever over the scheduling of Destination 23, so conflicts can happen. Poor Chapek only cares about properly celebrating the 50th, as anyone who has been to the parks should absolutely understand. He has been nothing - NOTHING - but "civil" to guests over the last few years, exploiting a once-in-a-century global tragedy to make necessary changes like raising prices dramatically, cutting entertainment, eliminating parking lot trams, reducing food portions, delaying rides, and firing a golden retriever - all because he knew if he didn't make cynical excuses for those actions, fans might be distracted from the all-important 50th, which, again, matters more then anything to Bob. And yet "uncivil" fans might boo him, something so uncommon and appalling in modern society that it would shock the sensibilities of all well-bred citizens. Disgusting.

And besides, he needs to focus on launching the new Disney gambling system.
Love your post. Forgive me, but what "golden retriever" did he fire?
Today is the day of disappointment!
This post coupled with your avatar is perfection 🤣

DoleWhipDrea

Shadow the golden was the icon of the Hilton Head DVC - hung out with guests and graced merch - so naturally Disney fired him and his master this week.

Oh my God, I thought the term "golden retriever" was a nickname in general just a loyal employee. I just looked this up - honestly, this shocks me to my core. While Disney has made some stunningly poor decisions recently, this just sounds like a huge PR nightmare. Shockingly heartless 😞

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This thread shows what an isolated bubble this forum lives in.

The general public knows nothing of an off-putting attempt at a joke by the CFO at a quarterly call.

D23 isn't a quarterly or stockholder meeting with questions being asked (wait until the beginning of 2022 for that).

If you think that people who are paying big bucks to hobnob with Disney bigwigs at D23 are upset about the $15 Genie+ fee, then you don't know this crowd.
I was interested in the "crowd" you speak of... The Facebook pages for things like BlogMickey are flooded with comments of boos and 'terrible CEO' as well. And that is NOT a forum crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom