Saratoga Honest Opinions

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Anyone stayed at Saratoga since the refurb? My wife is pushing for us to stay there, I was leaning towards Bay Lake or Boulder Ridge but she thinks the kids(one 12, one 8) will enjoy the murphy beds and likes being able to walk to the Springs. So honest opinions would be great. We have done AKL Jambo and Kidani many times, and my wife was not crazy about either the Boardwalk or Beach Club compared to AKL. We have 4 nights to start the trip at Poly DVC booked already.

nickys

Premium Member
Anyone stayed at Saratoga since the refurb? My wife is pushing for us to stay there, I was leaning towards Bay Lake or Boulder Ridge but she thinks the kids(one 12, one 8) will enjoy the murphy beds and likes being able to walk to the Springs. So honest opinions would be great. We have done AKL Jambo and Kidani many times, and my wife was not crazy about either the Boardwalk or Beach Club compared to AKL. We have 4 nights to start the trip at Poly DVC booked already.
The studios don’t have the child Murphy bed.

And the living room of the larger villas now have no storage at all, except for the coffee table cube. No closet, no drawers. Might not matter so much with 2 kids sleeping there though.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
The studios don’t have the child Murphy bed.

And the living room of the larger villas now have no storage at all, except for the coffee table cube. No closet, no drawers. Might not matter so much with 2 kids sleeping there though.
That is strange. I guess we will be living out of the suitcases for them, or out of our drawers in the master, I booked the Saratoga, happy wife, happy life!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We were just there a few weeks ago in a 1 bedroom (well, and a 2 bedroom as well for a few days). We really liked the refurbed rooms. Yes, there was a lack of storage in the living room, but the master bedroom has a dresser with 6 large drawers. There should be plenty of room in the drawers for most things for the 4 of you. You didn't mention how long the stay at SSR is, so if for en extended time, at least you can do laundry in the room, so you won't need as many clothes.

Just an FYI. SSR is our home resort, and we absolutely love it there. Nice and quiet. We always choose the Grandstand area as it is the first stop on the way to/from the parks, has a really nice quiet pool, and is a short walk to the main buildings and the boat to DS. We prefer that over walking to DS.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
We were just there a few weeks ago in a 1 bedroom (well, and a 2 bedroom as well for a few days). We really liked the refurbed rooms. Yes, there was a lack of storage in the living room, but the master bedroom has a dresser with 6 large drawers. There should be plenty of room in the drawers for most things for the 4 of you. You didn't mention how long the stay at SSR is, so if for en extended time, at least you can do laundry in the room, so you won't need as many clothes.

Just an FYI. SSR is our home resort, and we absolutely love it there. Nice and quiet. We always choose the Grandstand area as it is the first stop on the way to/from the parks, has a really nice quiet pool, and is a short walk to the main buildings and the boat to DS. We prefer that over walking to DS.
We are there 4 nights. Thanks for the advice, was thinking Grandstand or Paddock.

arich35

We are going in a few weeks, requested Grandstand for a 1 bedroom. What are the odds we actually get it?

correcaminos

I just got back from a studio stay this week. I hated the old rooms. I was there once before all the sections were finished being built and refused to stay again until I saw these refurbishments. I stayed in the Springs section. I quite liked the area. Paddock too.

It took me about 20 minutes to walk to DS from my room in the 4xxx building. It wasn't bad at all.

I had a miserable experience with TP room requests this trip so I'd email or chat or call MS to do so.

I strolled the complex quite a lot so feel free to ask questions

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I just got back from a studio stay this week. I hated the old rooms. I was there once before all the sections were finished being built and refused to stay again until I saw these refurbishments. I stayed in the Springs section. I quite liked the area. Paddock too.

It took me about 20 minutes to walk to DS from my room in the 4xxx building. It wasn't bad at all.

I had a miserable experience with TP room requests this trip so I'd email or chat or call MS to do so.

TP?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster

I know you can enter the springs from the right of the resort but is there also a way there from the left by going through the the golf course over the bridge from Grandstand and ending up near the Cirque building?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Also how is noise in floors above should I request a top floor or doesn't really matter(that carpet gone so get a little nervous)

jaklgreen

I love SSR, my most recent stay was last month. The rooms are nice but they have 1 queen bed and one pull down sofa bed. There is no 5th sleeper bed. The pull down from the wall bed is much more comfortable then the old couch sleepers. And I like being able to walk to DS. I was on the ground floor and did not hear anyone around me.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I know you can enter the springs from the right of the resort but is there also a way there from the left by going through the the golf course over the bridge from Grandstand and ending up near the Cirque building?
There is. Took it once last September to go back to my Grandstand studio one evening. Felt like quite a long walk to me, and found it to be dark and deserted in certain areas.

Cannot comment about noise, I was assigned a top floor.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I love SSR, my most recent stay was last month. The rooms are nice but they have 1 queen bed and one pull down sofa bed. There is no 5th sleeper bed. The pull down from the wall bed is much more comfortable then the old couch sleepers. And I like being able to walk to DS. I was on the ground floor and did not hear anyone around me.
We have a 1 bed booked, which I think has 2 pull downs(one a twin, one a full or queen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom