News "it's a small world" Holiday Will Not Open on Schedule Due to Incident

spectrodanny

It's too bad! Esp after COVID. Any Insiders have guesses on how long
I was thinking similar, even if the flume was 100% full and completely failed that would likely mean an inch of water at most.

My monies on a basement room (or pit) full of equipment that was flooded.
I think that's what happened. Although I'm not an insider, from RUMORS i've read it could take a year to rectify the problem

mharrington

If the machinery from the 1960s needs to be replaced and then recertified by Cal-OSHA, is there a chance it could never reopen if Cal-OSHA doesn't do it?

SoCalDisneyLover

How long do they plan to wait before admitting they screwed up so badly, that not only won't there be a Small World Holiday for the 2nd year in a row, but the ride could be closed well into 2022? Are they working on the SPIN for the announcement? You know, how this is actually a good thing, and will give them a chance to completely update and renovate an attraction that a little more than a week ago, didn't need updating and renovating.

In the end it will be the parkgoer that suffers. They'll take the budget supposed to be used for another attraction, and have to use it for the potentially ASTRONOMICAL cost of repairing whatever they screwed up with It's A Small World. Something else is destined to get the short end of the stick.

Honestly, it's PATHETIC that we have to hear the real details from a blogger, while Disney's essentially maintaining, via the refurb schedule, that the ride is going to open on Monday. How long do they intend to keep playing that game, moving the goalposts each week? My guess is not much longer, because more and more people are going to start asking more and more questions, as to why one of the park's premier Christmas attractions, is completely offline.

Like I said elsewhere, the only reason I can see for a delay in making an announcement, is that they don't want people to cancel their plans based upon this closure. Most people aren't going to let a single ride closure change their plans, but I can assure you that there are those out there who Love this ride enough, that it's absence could very well make them decide to skip what would be a very expensive trip to the park. Disney is just making it worse by not coming clean, especially if they are 100% certain that it's not going to open, like David K. says.

Last edited:

Sailor310

This situation is total trash.

What does the maintenance budget look like these days? How close are we to Pressler-era negligence?
We went on Thunder Mountain Thursday (11/18). Since it had been offline for months, I thought, 'Great! It should work wonderfully! I bet all the special effects will be 100%!'.
The ride broke down for an hour in the afternoon. It opened back up later, so we rode it.
In the mine hill, all the fuses looked great, the lower explosions went boom, boom, boom. I looked at the big pile of boxes of dynamite over the opening at the top of the hill and remembered how it worked years ago. I thought this is going to be great! They've probably even done some upgrades!
Well, we got boom, boom, boom, then nothing!:mad:

Having said all that, the Park looked beautiful. The brass band and Dapper Dans sounded great singing Christmas carols. The "Believe" show fireworks, projections and snow were really nice.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

If in the worst case scenario this is closed for a year, I’d imagine Disney would want to give the attraction an update on top of fixing the mechanics behind the scenes. Similar to how they kinda used the deteriorating flume as an excuse to add Disney characters alongside the America room back in 08.

Vegas Disney Fan

All the wild speculation on this makes me laugh, I just watched a vlog saying they‘ve heard from CMs its potentially reopening this week, then come here and people are speculating a year or more based on CMs… I’d love to know where everyone is getting their information because I’ve been looking and can’t find anything official from Disney but the wild speculations are all over the place.

mharrington

All the wild speculation on this makes me laugh, I just watched a vlog saying they‘ve heard from CMs its potentially reopening this week, then come here and people are speculating a year or more based on CMs… I’d love to know where everyone is getting their information because I’ve been looking and can’t find anything official from Disney but the wild speculations are all over the place.

No one seems to trust Disney anymore.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

It's certainly just speculation (and as a guy with tickets for Dec 11th, I hope the most dire predictions are wrong!).

But we're at a point where we can't put anything past Disney's leadership.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It all came from David Koenig who heard it from a CM who heard it from a maintenance worker. Then all the blogs picked it up and ran with it. So I guess now we are suddenly trusting "insiders", front-line CMs, and third-hand information. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be happy to ride it on Monday. Also, denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Darkbeer1

The latest from David Koenig

>>A new Small World leaker confirms FloodGate was indeed human error. “They forgot to shut a valve. To make things worse, an alarm was sounding for over 90 minutes for an urgent pump failure (probably the pump that got overwhelmed and could no longer pump water from electrical vault). Water boiled and was sent up and out through conduit. It was nuts. A lot damaged.”<<

mharrington

It all came from David Koenig who heard it from a CM who heard it from a maintenance worker. Then all the blogs picked it up and ran with it. So I guess now we are suddenly trusting "insiders", front-line CMs, and third-hand information. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be happy to ride it on Monday. Also, denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
They must know better because they're not necessarily falling for Disney's PR speak anymore, but instead reading between the lines. More importantly, they're not affiliated with Disney, so they're free to talk about anything that Disney is unable or unwilling to.

Homemade Imagineering

53ED6EED-8D7F-41C2-90C4-0F64D4C6F1D4.png
Leaked footage inside of “it’s a small world” following the flood!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom