Destination D23 2021

mm52200

DHS’s Parade Storage Facility, as is, could not accommodate PtN. Moreover, DHS’s Parade Route is tiny. It may actually be the smallest in any Disney Park with a Parade Route (I can’t think of a counter example).
It could handle the Block Party Bash floats and the former HSM/DCR all at the same time in the past. That consisted of seven full sized floats, and six traffic cone floats. Currently home to three abandoned MPP’s.

Squishy

It could handle the Block Party Bash floats and the former HSM/DCR all at the same time in the past. That consisted of seven full sized floats, and six traffic cone floats. Currently home to three abandoned MPP’s.
This area? Did they put up a wall in the middle of the building or something
1637100894533.png
1637100883705.png

TTA94

Seems so weird why Paint would not be going to MK which is king for running parades. Or at least it used to lol. Thought once Tron opens having another entertainment offering or people eater might be a good thing?

A new DAH event including PTN seems so inevitable.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Seems so weird why Paint would not be going to MK which is king for running parades. Or at least it used to lol. Thought once Tron opens having another entertainment offering or people eater might be a good thing?

A new DAH event including PTN seems so inevitable.
Because MK in the evening is a madhouse.. ..and having a nighttime offering while Fant is down isn’t the worst idea.

Magic Feather

So are we looking at a temporary tent in the parking lot in the style of the cheerleader tents back in the day, or a rebuild of the existing facility (seems unlikely), or perhaps not happening at DHS?
I still haven’t heard anything about this happening, so for me it was more of a “this is why I doubt we see it happen at DHS thing.” That said, cutting a few units (obviously Mack, and likely 1-2 others) and throwing a big tent up in whatever they call the Television Lot these days could make it work.

Then you have the whole new logistical issue of DHS’s small streets, but alas, I completely understand a desire to put it in DHS from a lineup perspective.

Magic Feather

Was this not known? I doubt publicly announced (although it would make for a nice announcement at the “You Can Pay to Attend a Press Conference” thing) but I assumed this was at least common knowledge on here.

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure if insiders were saying specifically "January" as much as the early part of 2022.
If they want January, they had better announce soon. I presume they would just keep the cast currently in the Christmas parade, so all five of those performers are in luck! I do not envy the poor CM who has to play Prince Phillip and then run around the dragon, throw a wig on, and play Aurora. That’s a big ask.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If they want January, they had better announce soon. I presume they would just keep the cast currently in the Christmas parade, so all five of those performers are in luck! I do not envy the poor CM who has to play Prince Phillip and then run around the dragon, throw a wig on, and play Aurora. That’s a big ask.
Disney's bold new approach to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
January always struck me as an odd time to debut the parade. That would require them rehearsing the parade during the busiest time of the year, when they're already stretched thin because of longer park hours and larger crowds.

Beginning rehearsals in January, towards a February-ish debut always seemed to make more sense to me, but who knows what they'll decide.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
January always struck me as an odd time to debut the parade. That would require them rehearsing the parade during the busiest time of the year, when they're already stretched thin because of longer park hours and larger crowds.

Beginning rehearsals in January, towards a February-ish debut always seemed to make more sense to me, but who knows what they'll decide.
Tfw you've made a really good point.

SmartSelect_20211117-090604_Chrome.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom