News Reimagined Toontown coming

Dear Prudence

this is exciting new to me, i love toontown but its def run down and empty, Im all for this
I have never been to ToonTown when it wasn't completely slammed! By empty, do you mean 'no people' or not much to do? (Not trying to argue, just genuinely mystified!) Regardless, I am so glad that everyone is excited about this!

TomboyJanet

Well they just did updates to Roger Rabbit so I feel like It's probably not going anywhere. As long as that is true I'm happy with this. If it proves untrue, Then I'll appropriately criticize and complain and probably make another t-shirt to wear in the park

TP2000

The concept of a path connecting Toontown and StarWarsTown could be a good way to see how it could work if Disneyland Forward actually intends to have new lands and expansions outside of the berm.

What's interesting about that is for the first 65 years, you couldn't complete a full loop of Disneyland on foot. You were always stopped on the western edge by the Indian Village/Bear Country/Critter Country dead-end. A Northwest Passage of sorts was opened up in 1979 with the addition of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Big Thunder Trail that traversed what used to be Nature's Wonderland. But on the northern edge you were always stopped by the Fantasyland dead-end, that was only extended a bit by the addition of Toontown in 1992.

Here are the main pathways in the park, mostly unchanged since 1955 until 2019, with the So Rude! dead-ends marked by red X's.

InkedInkedAerialDisneyland7_LI.jpg

But now with Star Wars Land, and if they include a pathway from the long abandoned Chip & Dale's Treehouse Staircase Adventure into Star Wars Land, the ability to circle Disneyland on foot will have dramatically changed in just a few short years. All the dead-ends were linked together!

23DL.png

Roger_the_pianist

I think we're rightfully so moving away from Roger Rabbit's influence on Toon Town even if his ride stays. Someone compared the ride to Mr. Toad.

If Roger is replaced I think Huey, Dewie, and Louie could be fun, and Ducktales became more popular again.

Side note, I love how any added *land* to Disneyland doesn't have LAND in the name: New Orleans SQUARE, Bear/Critter COUNTRY, Toon TOWN, Galaxy's EDGE.

CaptinEO

Well they just did updates to Roger Rabbit so I feel like It's probably not going anywhere. As long as that is true I'm happy with this. If it proves untrue, Then I'll appropriately criticize and complain and probably make another t-shirt to wear in the park
They took out an animatronic and replaced it with a barrel and repainted the sign. That's all they did. I could see the ride being scrapped.

Most likely Disney doesn't even know what it wants to do yet.

Dear Prudence

Sooo new ToonTown tunnel to GE? šŸ˜€

Is this movie edited on Disney + in any way? *laughs nervously*

Also, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing characters like the Three Little Pigs and Dear Danny get some more love, and maybe with the ToonTown sprucing up, we can go back to the more "hanging out" feel characters used to have, where Pluto, Goofy, Gadget, Chip and Dale etc. all just walked around Toon Town interacting. I know this may be a long way off because of Covid, but dang, that was always a favourite of mine. When I was a kid, Goofy and Pluto hijacked my sister's stroller and pushed each other around Toon Town, ending up breaking it. It forced my (awful) sister to have to walk for the rest of the day. It's still such a fond memory. šŸ„°

EDIT: Also very fondly remembered, the pre-ToonTown retro: Circa 1897-92 Disney afternoon cartoon area, along with the D. Tracey stuff.

mickEblu

My guess is Roger Rabbit is becoming a restaurant. Probably not themed to Roger. Not just any old boring restaurant but something where they charge BOG prices. That Toon themed Sci Fi dine in idea that one poster had would be pretty cool. It makes sense on a spreadsheet thatā€™s for sure. MMRR anchors the land and boosts capacity. Get rid of an old non relevant IP and put something in that decent chunk of space that will bring in major revenue. The ā€œfun new spaceā€ comment would make sense.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Has it been specified what they're going to do to Gadget's Go-Coaster yet? On the one hand, there's a Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers movie in production so I could see them keeping it as is... but on the other hand, Gadget's still not a character on the same level of popularity as, say, Nemo so I could hypothetically see them retheming the ride...
I could see the ride being scrapped.

Most likely Disney doesn't even know what it wants to do yet.
Well, they did announce that the ride would be reworked to focus on the new super-woke version of Jessica they're going to shove in our faces...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom