Shadow laid off at Hilton Head Resort

spresso81

I have attached an article which provides some context and describes his Facebook post. It is really getting harder and harder to defend this company. The Disney difference used to be to provide guests with extra when staying at a resort. Now they do not seem to care about this by stripping out entertainment and treating hard working people horribly.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have attached an article which provides some context and describes his Facebook post. It is really getting harder and harder to defend this company. The Disney difference used to be to provide guests with extra when staying at a resort. Now they do not seem to care about this by stripping out entertainment and treating hard working people horribly.

This, to me, is the worst part of this layoff:

B’Lou continued to hold up his end of their agreement by not pursuing other compensation throughout the shutdown.

So, the poor guy sat at home and didn't take any paying gigs this whole time because he was loyal to the company, and this is how they repay him?

The DVC-ers ought to be livid about it.

JoeCamel

It wasn’t. Hilton Head’s one entertainer, B’Lou Crabbe, a staple of the resort for the last 20 years doing all kinds of shows, activities, and Shadow’s official handler/owner, has been on furlough essentially since the resort reopened in June 2020 with the continued communication and expectation that he and Shadow would return eventually. They were finally called a week or two ago and told that they would not be returning and posted the news himself to his fan page and personal page. So yes the performer and the dog itself were let go.

Maybe research next time before proclaiming that people jumped to conclusions and don’t know the full story.
Maybe lose the attitude Disney dawg. I read the link provided and it did not offer any reasons for villifying disney. All it does is give conclusions on absent evidence or maybe I should take the word of some poster on the internet

Zummi Gummi

Maybe lose the attitude Disney dawg. I read the link provided and it did not offer any reasons for villifying disney. All it does is give conclusions on absent evidence or maybe I should take the word of some poster on the internet
The second article posted provides some more details and context. That one should tell you all you need to know. There really is no way to make this not look awful.

Zummi Gummi

Right was not posted with the change request
No, I know. Just trying to point you in the right direction. I didn't mean for that to sound snarky.

Firing a dog is honestly the kind of thing you'd expect to see from the villain in a Disney live action kids movie.
For whatever reason, I picture the villain in a Hallmark movie doing this, but without the redemption arc that villain usually gets.

UNCgolf

For whatever reason, I picture the villain in a Hallmark movie doing this, but without the redemption arc that villain usually gets.

That would work too. I was thinking about the movies Disney aimed at kids that they churned out in the 90s, where the villains were usually absurdly over the top.

Animaniac93-98

This, to me, is the worst part of this layoff:

B’Lou continued to hold up his end of their agreement by not pursuing other compensation throughout the shutdown.

So, the poor guy sat at home and didn't take any paying gigs this whole time because he was loyal to the company, and this is how they repay him?

The DVC-ers ought to be livid about it.

Punishing loyalty...

The Disney difference!

Zummi Gummi

That would work too. I was thinking about the movies Disney aimed at kids that they churned out in the 90s, where the villains were usually absurdly over the top.
I mean doesn’t he look just like one of those villains?
3E28DCF6-C7E3-4121-8C47-1072AA27E174.jpeg

rreading

I would think that the expense of the entertainment would be charged to the DVC owners as part of the overhead? As such, I would think it nice/reasonable to ask the owners’ perspective on this.

I wouldn’t think his employment should have touched TWDC’s bottom line so I wonder if there’s more to the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom