Second Guessing Park Reservations

arich35

We are going Dec 14th-19th and I am second guessing our reservations and would like some opinions. We have Magic Kingdom for our last day (Saturday) like most people do but I am getting a little worried it will be absolutely packed that day. I am wondering if we should switch and do Animal Kingdom the last day. Here is what we have so far (Park Hoppers):

Tuesday (14th)- Arrive Day, Staying at Beach Club for 1 night getting in around 10 AM. Going to HS and then hop to Epcot after Dinner
Wednesday- Epcot, Resort hop to Saratoga, go to Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom for after hours
Thursday- Animal Kingdom
Friday- Hollywood Studios and Hope to Epcot if we want
Saturday- Magic Kingdom

RoadiJeff

I think that close to Christmas is going to be packed, no matter what park you visit. It might be a little less crowded if you go to MK during the week and AK on Saturday but I don't think there will be much difference.

Upvote 0

JoMarch

Just came back from WDW - early November.

As for rides, Epcot and AK were always easy to manage on most days.

MK and HS were more tough - but we used Genie+ to help.

After Party night at MK - after 9pm, all rides were practically walk on.

Upvote 0

Stevek

We typically did MK first and last day but have moved Epcot to last day due to MK having holiday party and the potential for extra crowding that day. We are also making Saturday our non-park day to avoid the Saturday crowd.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Personally, I would avoid MK on a Saturday unless you had no choice. I would switch AK and MK as AK usually has lower crowds. HS is always busy bc of Galaxy's Edge and Epcot will be busy on Saturday because of Festival of the Holidays and the Candlelight Processional.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
Personally, I would avoid MK on a Saturday unless you had no choice. I would switch AK and MK as AK usually has lower crowds. HS is always busy bc of Galaxy's Edge and Epcot will be busy on Saturday because of Festival of the Holidays and the Candlelight Processional.
That is kind of what I am thinking. Just kind of sucks not going to MK the final day

Upvote 0

LeighM

Since you have park hoppers, why don't you just go over in the evening? If you do AK during the day on Saturday, you could easily go to MK after 5pm since the park closes at 9 and enjoy the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
Since you have park hoppers, why don't you just go over in the evening? If you do AK during the day on Saturday, you could easily go to MK after 5pm since the park closes at 9 and enjoy the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests.
That was my thought, we wanted to see Pandora at night and see that Beacon of the Tree of Life but thought we could leave at 6 or 6:30 and get a couple hours in at MK. There are no extended evening hours on Saturday

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom