Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Implementation issues" LOL.

You mean like constitutional rights?
It’s Austria…so they don’t get drunk on the Fourth of July…
Also…I wonder what our constitution does/doesn’t have about medical problems? Hmm…Has anyone checked that?
I would rather states mandate vaccines for all than segregate the population in such a manner.
Yeah..but a majority of them sit on their brains 👍🏻

mmascari

"Implementation issues" LOL.

You mean like constitutional rights?
I was referring to the plan in Austria in the article. Not some other implementation that isn’t happening.

I would rather states mandate vaccines for all than segregate the population in such a manner.
Clearly, that would be best. If we can get vaccination rate, outbreak rate, and general virus impact of COVID to Measles levels, that would be a home run.

hopemax

So another update about FIL. Because his body was weakened by Covid, he was more susceptible to the normal stuff older people need to watch out for when they recover from a serious illness. So he developed a secondary lung infection which resulted in apparently a whole lot of oxygen being delivered to their house. And he got dehydrated, and his blood pressure dropped, so he fainted twice which meant he was back in the hospital for 3 more days, and a lot more tests. He's home again now, with no additional medication or anything. Hopefully, this is the last of it.

drizgirl

It’s Austria…so they don’t get drunk on the Fourth of July…
Also…I wonder what our constitution does/doesn’t have about medical problems? Hmm…Has anyone checked that?
I was referring to the plan in Austria in the article. Not some other implementation that isn’t happening.
I'm aware. But the comment about Austria was posted in response to my comment, which was about what to do here.

JoeCamel

So another update about FIL. Because his body was weakened by Covid, he was more susceptible to the normal stuff older people need to watch out for when they recover from a serious illness. So he developed a secondary lung infection which resulted in apparently a whole lot of oxygen being delivered to their house. And he got dehydrated, and his blood pressure dropped, so he fainted twice which meant he was back in the hospital for 3 more days, and a lot more tests. He's home again now, with no additional medication or anything. Hopefully, this is the last of it.
Except for the several year recovery from what he went through. I wish him the best recovery possible

DisneyCane

Going back to this study, I'm starting to think the effectivity compared to non-boosted is for symptomatic COVID. Upon re-reading the article, I don't see anything that indicates regular testing was instituted to try catch asymptomatic cases. I'd be interested to see the actual study paper instead of filtered through a reporter to know for sure.

havoc315

Going back to this study, I'm starting to think the effectivity compared to non-boosted is for symptomatic COVID. Upon re-reading the article, I don't see anything that indicates regular testing was instituted to try catch asymptomatic cases. I'd be interested to see the actual study paper instead of filtered through a reporter to know for sure.

I’d be very surprised if they weren’t doing regular testing of the study participants. It’s how every former Pfizer study worked.

Tony the Tigger

Covid19 is on the rise in the US. We are now up to 76,000 plus cases a day. However, the Southern US is still falling and Florida, the state with the lowest rate, is down to 1,423 cases a day or 6.63 cases per 100k. Disney should keep the indoor mask requirement for guests because of the large number of out of state guests.
Deja vu. It’s winter all over again.
"When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is."

-Dr. Anthony Fauci, 60 Minutes, March 8, 2020

I didn't say it. HE did. This was prior to the panic starting when known cases were extremely rare. To this day, the bolded is still the main driver behind people who want Disney to continue requiring masks indoors at WDW.
I’m sorry. When it gets to a point that every time I see a person’s userid, they’re almost certainly going to say something to tick me off, it decreases my enjoyment of the site. Debate can be interesting and fun, or it can be pointlessly banging your head against the wall. As they say on Shark Tank, “For those reasons, I’m out.” #happyholidays #thanks4theignorebutton

drizgirl

Constitutional rights to spread disease and kill people?
You're right. Just lock them all up. Maybe seal them into their homes like China did? Maybe some nice concentration camps somewhere?

I'm vaxxed and boosted. Spent 2 days on the sofa recovering from the booster so I could protect myself as fully as possible. I'm ready to move on.

DisneyCane

Deja vu. It’s winter all over again.

I’m sorry. When it gets to a point that every time I see a person’s userid, they’re almost certainly going to say something to tick me off, it decreases my enjoyment of the site. Debate can be interesting and fun, or it can be pointlessly banging your head against the wall. As they say on Shark Tank, “For those reasons, I’m out.” #happyholidays #thanks4theignorebutton
I guess you won't see this but you are very easily ticked off based on the posts that you react "angry" to. One of the biggest issues with our society is that people don't just disagree with somebody else, they dislike the person because they disagree.

My interpretation of a lot of your posts is that you have an irrational fear of COVID but I didn't react angry to them or call you out. In fact, when you told me that you have asthma and your spouse is diabetic I said I can understand why you have the fear that you do.

I mean seriously, you reacted "angry" to a post that discusses the lack of clear rationale for a booster in Moderna's own submission to the FDA.

drizgirl

That's exactly what the ignore function is for. If the opposing view is too much, it's time to pull the trigger.

DisneyCane

Constitutional rights to spread disease and kill people?
For goodness sake stop with this hyperbolic nonsense. It's a freaking virus. Viruses spread and respiratory viruses spread easily. There is NOTHING you can do to guarantee that you won't spread it unless you don't have any contact with other humans. It doesn't matter how many masks you wear or how often you get a vaccine booster there is still a chance you can get infected and spread it to somebody else.

It's kind of like driving. Even if you aren't impaired or distracted it is still possible to cause an ACCIDENT that results in the injury or death to another person. That doesn't mean that driving should be outlawed.

drizgirl

I guess you won't see this but you are very easily ticked off based on the posts that you react "angry" to. One of the biggest issues with our society is that people don't just disagree with somebody else, they dislike the person because they disagree.

My interpretation of a lot of your posts is that you have an irrational fear of COVID but I didn't react angry to them or call you out. In fact, when you told me that you have asthma and your spouse is diabetic I said I can understand why you have the fear that you do.

I mean seriously, you reacted "angry" to a post that discusses the lack of clear rationale for a booster in Moderna's own submission to the FDA.
Ironically, I have asthma and my spouse is diabetic. Just goes to show how differently people are reacting to this mess.

DisneyCane

I don't think it was posted but Orange County is now officially a "moderate" community transmission county according to the CDC. The state of FL has also moved back into the "moderate" category and continues to have the lowest case rate of any state.

Note to @Sirwalterraleigh, I didn't say that anything is "figured out" or that anybody is doing anything right. I'm just pointing out facts. I would not be the least bit surprised if there is another wave in FL at some point.

However, nobody should be saying the opposite that everything in FL was done "wrong" because most of the states that were doing everything "right" are seeing waves now. My point is that there is no "right" or "wrong" there is only choosing how we wish to live with this virus which will likely be around for a long time no matter what we do.

mrs grumpy

Since the mask thread was locked any new info on what we think WDW will do? I know there was some talk about an announcement that might be coming soon in regards to masks (one way or the other).

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Since the mask thread was locked any new info on what we think WDW will do? I know there was some talk about an announcement that might be coming soon in regards to masks (one way or the other).
What about NJ Transit? Will they will make announcement for masks to be gone for trains and buses by next year?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I don't think it was posted but Orange County is now officially a "moderate" community transmission county according to the CDC. The state of FL has also moved back into the "moderate" category and continues to have the lowest case rate of any state.

Yep, happened with the Friday update -

According to the CDC, Orange County has moved into the moderate category for community transmission with a 7-day 37.17 case rate per 100k -

View attachment 600293

mmascari

I'm aware. But the comment about Austria was posted in response to my comment, which was about what to do here.
Here, we're going to do what we're going to do. We're going to ask people to be responsible, get vaccinated, and do things to reduce spread. Some of that ask will be more forceful with restrictions if it's not done. None of it will actually force someone to do any of it though. Some will do the things. Some will not. Some will say they're encouraging people to do them while simultaneously doing the opposite.

It'll be a very patchwork response. Like a kids soccer team where that one kid just kicks the ball out every time no matter what and another isn't paying attention while the rest of the team tries to score.

For goodness sake stop with this hyperbolic nonsense. It's a freaking virus. Viruses spread and respiratory viruses spread easily. There is NOTHING you can do to guarantee that you won't spread it unless you don't have any contact with other humans. It doesn't matter how many masks you wear or how often you get a vaccine booster there is still a chance you can get infected and spread it to somebody else.
This the reverse of that nonsense. I'm not sure if you mean this, but the way it reads is "Since you cannot guarantee that you won't spread, it's useless to do anything that would reduce spread". This is the same disingenuous argument people who want to do nothing have been making since the beginning. One group says "do X, it'll reduce" and the other says "doing X doesn't stop all so why bother".

The only people concerned with if something stops all, guarantees, or is 100% effective are the people who don't want to do those things. The people advocating for measures are all concerned with reduction being enough.

It's kind of like driving. Even if you aren't impaired or distracted it is still possible to cause an ACCIDENT that results in the injury or death to another person. That doesn't mean that driving should be outlawed.
It also doesn't mean you might as well drive impaired or distracted. Not doing both of those will reduce the chance of an accident, even if it doesn't eliminate it.

Someone driving down a residential street isn't guaranteed to not hit a pedestrian. But, if they're going 25 the chances are significantly reduced vs if they were going 55. That it's still possible isn't a reason to not have speed limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom