My experiment in human decency

Vegas Disney Fan

I try to be nice and the people I'm around day-to-day are nice (like my coworkers, people at the grocery store, etc.) Also I can't recall people being nasty at Disney either. Well, I take that back, there was one time I witnessed a dad with stroller repeatedly bump the person in front of him and they got into it, but other than that...

but you're right about on the road. Something about driving seems to bring out the worst in people, but to me, so much of that is more stupidity than outright meanness. I feel like a lot of people need refresher courses on driving.
This is one of the reasons I like staying onsite and using the buses at WDW, and within walking distance at DL… nothing takes me out of vacation mode like having to drive, even a few blocks of dealing with traffic and hyper aggressive drivers elevates my stress levels.

mergatroid

I think there is a simple reason why people steal those magnets that say Annual Pass on them. They probably think that you having them on your car will automatically give you free parking (or at least would have in the past, I'm not sure if AP's get free parking anymore). I would bet that some have been successful doing that, but since I have never seen it happen, I am just spouting possibilities, I think it would explain the motivation to steal one. They might even think that they can get in the parks with one of them.
I've had numerous AP's but being in England never received a magnet. The CM's at the parking tolls dealt with you differently depending on the CM. As I pulled up and said "Good morning, I'm an AP holder", some would wave me through with no check whilst others would scan my card/magic band. On the odd occasion after scanning my card/band I was asked for I.D. also. It didn't bother me which method they used as I was legit, though it felt nicer having my word taken with no check as that's human nature to enjoy being trusted.

I'd guess those CM's perhaps would accept a magnet along with an honest face/demeanor, though the ones that would ask for your card/band almost certainly wouldn't at a guess and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Goofyernmost

I've had numerous AP's but being in England never received a magnet. The CM's at the parking tolls dealt with you differently depending on the CM. As I pulled up and said "Good morning, I'm an AP holder", some would wave me through with no check whilst others would scan my card/magic band. On the odd occasion after scanning my card/band I was asked for I.D. also. It didn't bother me which method they used as I was legit, though it felt nicer having my word taken with no check as that's human nature to enjoy being trusted.

I'd guess those CM's perhaps would accept a magnet along with an honest face/demeanor, though the ones that would ask for your card/band almost certainly wouldn't at a guess and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
That may be a common knowledge among AP holders but someone that would steal on of the magnets from a car would probably just think that would get them in automatically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom