Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Glad you are back but somewhat related GB QB Aaron Rodgers says he got the vaccine when asked, then later tested positive for Covid, then turns out he lied about being vaccinated! Not cool!
Actually, he responded to the question of whether he was vaccinated by saying he was "immunized."

That "immunization" was from a homeopathic 'treatment' that 'boosted his antibodies.'

He wasn't vaccinated. But he didn't actually admit it he wasn't vaccinated. He avoided the question by saying he was immunized. But homeopathy doesn't provide any 'immunization' according to scientific studies (or lack thereof).

The lack of vaccination is allowed by NFL rules, but, that means regular testing which caught the infection, so he's missing at least one (or maybe more) games due to quarantine protocols.

Lilofan

Actually, he responded to the question of whether he was vaccinated by saying he was "immunized."

That "immunization" was from a homeopathic 'treatment' that 'boosted his antibodies.'

He wasn't vaccinated. But he didn't actually admit it he wasn't vaccinated. He avoided the question by saying he was immunized. But homeopathy doesn't provide any 'immunization' according to scientific studies (or lack thereof).

The lack of vaccination is allowed by NFL rules, but, that means regular testing which caught the infection, so he's missing at least one (or maybe more) games due to quarantine protocols.
Seems like his " evasion" to answer the reporter's question can be his second calling in his future job prospects . Rodgers also claims he has an allergy to an ingredient in the vaccine shots. Sure Aaron, there is also a bridge for sale..

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I thought the side effects from the booster were supposed to be half as bad?

My parents and I got our Moderna booster yesterday around 4pm.

I became very hot and red in the face and hands and then felt like I could barely walk because my legs and back hurt so bad.
I took Advil after 4 hours and felt better but still wiped out and went to bed early.

My mom suddenly felt nauseous as soon as we were about to eat dinner and didn't end up eating anything.

My dad felt feverish half the night into this morning. He had something to do this morning so he left but I don't know if he feels better or not.

This was worse than the first two doses. At least its a sign that its working.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I became very hot and red in the face and hands and then felt like I could barely walk because my legs and back hurt so bad.
I took Advil after 4 hours and felt better but still wiped out and went to bed early.

My mom suddenly felt nauseous as soon as we were about to eat dinner and didn't end up eating anything.

My dad felt feverish half the night into this morning. He had something to do this morning so he left but I don't know if he feels better or not.

It’s different for each person it seems.

Diamond Dot

I'm fully vaccinated and waiting for my invitation for the booster to come through the post, it should be in December. I've just learned that the Astra Zenica vaccine is an approved vaccine for entry into the US (phew) but, currently they say we need a Covid test 3 days after entry. Does anyone know how much a Covid test costs in Walgreens or CVS?

Diamond Dot

Seems like his " evasion" to answer the reporter's question can be his second calling in his future job prospects . Rodgers also claims he has an allergy to an ingredient in the vaccine shots. Sure Aaron, there is also a bridge for sale..
Homeopathy is one of the biggest cons, I worked in a big name pharmacy years ago the pharmacist hated having to sell the homeopathy goods, he said that it's the equivalent of putting one drop of the so called 'active ingredient' into a swimming pool, it's essentially water. I did some research and he was absolutely right. It's the same with detoxes, another money making scam.

drizgirl

I got mine 2 weeks ago. I would say my side effects from the half dose booster were worse than after the second shot, and that wasn't great. I had body aches, chills, nausea and bad arm pain both times (2nd shot and booster), but added in a killer headache with the booster. My parents are in their 80s and didn't have much in the way of symptoms on any of their 3 Moderna shots. I think my Dad ran a small fever a bit with the booster, but that's all.

Disstevefan1

I got mine 2 weeks ago. I would say my side effects from the half dose booster were worse than after the second shot, and that wasn't great. I had body aches, chills, nausea and bad arm pain both times (2nd shot and booster), but added in a killer headache with the booster. My parents are in their 80s and didn't have much in the way of symptoms on any of their 3 Moderna shots. I think my Dad ran a small fever a bit with the booster, but that's all.
Everybody is different.

Some folks get COVID have no symptoms, some get some mild symptoms, some get severe symptoms, some must go to the hospital, some die.

Same for the shots. Some have no side effects, some get some side effects, and a very small fraction have severe issues.

drizgirl

Everybody is different.

Some folks get COVID have no symptoms, some get some mild symptoms, some get severe symptoms, some must go to the hospital, some die.

Same for the shots. Some have no side effects, some get some side effects, and a very small fraction have severe issues.
I'm pretty sure my parents didn't have the stronger side effects because of their age. But a fair number of (not really old) people getting Moderna do indeed have strong (not severe, but strong) side effects. My husband also had strong side effects after his second shot. After my experience with the half dose booster he has opted to get the Pfizer booster.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

I've been dealing with body aches even 48 hours later and my back and legs just feel stiff and like I can't bend.
Then in the fact that my heart rate seemed to be up all night last night into this morning. Hoping that part is gone tonight. I think it kept waking me up. It reminds me of when I have been terribly sick as I do get a fast heart rate when feverish.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm pretty sure my parents didn't have the stronger side effects because of their age. But a fair number of (not really old) people getting Moderna do indeed have strong (not severe, but strong) side effects. My husband also had strong side effects after his second shot. After my experience with the half dose booster he has opted to get the Pfizer booster.

One of my sisters and my friends parents got pfizer and had terrible side effects for all 3 doses.
I don't think it matters too much which you get if you're gonna get the side effrcts you're gonna get them.
Plus Moderna is still said to be the most effective.

G00fyDad

One of my sisters and my friends parents got pfizer and had terrible side effects for all 3 doses.
I don't think it matters too much which you get if you're gonna get the side effrcts you're gonna get them.
Pfizer has a 95% or better efficacy rate. Moderna's is 94%. Not that it really matters as long as you get the shot.

drizgirl

Moderna has a larger quantity of active ingredient than Pfizer, so some say that has resulted in more side effects.
Pfizer has a 95% or better efficacy rate. Moderna's is 94%. Not that it really matters as long as you get the shot.
I'm thinking I saw Moderna didn't wane in effectiveness as much as Pfizer. But I don't think it's enough to matter.

Lilofan

Moderna has a larger quantity of active ingredient than Pfizer, so some say that has resulted in more side effects.

I'm thinking I saw Moderna didn't wane in effectiveness as much as Pfizer. But I don't think it's enough to matter.
Big time on Moderna , my family, friends and I had strong Moderna 24 hour post shot #2 side effects compared to others we know who had Pfizer shots.

pixie225

We had our Pfizer boosters Sept. 29th. Aside from slightly sore arms, all 3 of us had no reaction. We also had no reaction to the first 2 - except arm soreness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom