What is going on with Disney telephone contact?

Linco

Original Poster
I have been trying to call Disney over a billing issue. We have reservations that were paid in full. We modified our reservation to arrive one day earlier. We then received a new confirmation number and showing full amount due though it had been paid in full. I was on hold for 2 hours, someone answered, said I needed billing, which is what I had called, transferred me and I was back where I started with the same recording! What is going on?

castlecake2.0

They’re over run with so many people having to change things due to travel restrictions. Try calling right at 7 or during dinner hours.

Weather_Lady

It's been this way for months. I called with a simple ticket question (which I was told was not able to be handled by departments where you can simply give a callback number, so I had no choice but to wait) back in August, and it took three different calls and more than 14 hours to get the issue resolved. They'd transfer me to different departments, each of which would put me on hold for 1-4 hours at a stretch, and then half the time, I'd get disconnected somewhere along the way. (Other times, the end of my work day arrived and I had to hang up just so I could go home!) I work at a desk job where I have the ability to sit through that kind of hold time without it distracting me from my other tasks, but it's a completely ridiculous and unreasonable way for Disney to be treating people.

Last edited:

Linco

Original Poster
They’re over run with so many people having to change things due to travel restrictions. Try calling right at 7 or during dinner hours.
I did call at 7 and was on hold for 1-1/2 hour before accidentally cutting myself off! Over the weekend I will be routed to India.
It's been this way for months. I called with a simple (but essential) ticket question back in August, and it took three different calls and more than 14 hours to get the issue resolved. They'd transfer me to different departments, each of which would put me on hold for 1-4 hours at a stretch, and then half the time, I'd get disconnected somewhere along the way. (Other times, the end of my work day arrived and I had to hang up just so I could go home!) I work at a desk job where I have the ability to sit through that kind of hold time without it distracting me from my other tasks, but it's a completely ridiculous and unreasonable way for Disney to be treating people.
I agree. My seasons pass is up for renewal in March and I question if I will renew. I have never had these phone issues in the past. Had I been able to speak with someone in the three weeks I had tried to call, this billing issue would not have occurred.

castlecake2.0

I did call at 7 and was on hold for 1-1/2 hour before accidentally cutting myself off! Over the weekend I will be routed to India.

I agree. My seasons pass is up for renewal in March and I question if I will renew. I have never had these phone issues in the past. Had I been able to speak with someone in the three weeks I had tried to call, this billing issue would not have occurred.
It is definitely frustrating, they’ve been hiring and contracting workers to try to help, but the call center usually takes at least a month of training just to get to talk to someone. Hopefully now that restrictions are lifting things will get easier. Have you tried emailing Guest Billing? They might be able to assist? Would you like their email?

JIMINYCR

Not much you can do but be frustrated and try to be as patient as you can. Venting anger helps unload the annoyance. Disney's been horrible about giving satisfaction with any lines of communications for some time and arent making any inroads to improve on it. Its too bad a company that says they want to bring magic and pleasure to those who do business with them cant figure it out.

Linco

Original Poster
It is definitely frustrating, they’ve been hiring and contracting workers to try to help, but the call center usually takes at least a month of training just to get to talk to someone. Hopefully now that restrictions are lifting things will get easier. Have you tried emailing Guest Billing? They might be able to assist? Would you like their email?
Absolutely. Thank you, though I was able to speak with a very pleasant girl who said I need reservations. She showed two, active reservations that need to be merged. Instead of modifying initial reservation it formed a new one. She explained things have been very hectic. I know these are trying times.

RoadiJeff

The two times I called Guest Services last month I was given the option of a ridiculously long hold time or to leave a callback number. I left my callback number and both times someone called me back and it was sooner than what I was told the hold time would have been.

mf1972

139F0E00-7973-482E-A397-0514A46299D7.jpeg

those poor ladies are seriously overworked & underpaid in my opinion

mf1972

kidding aside, i agree with the OPs frustration. i called a few months ago about switching resorts & i was probably on the phone for a good 2-3 hours. it’s like watching paint dry over & over again

wdwfan22

Tweet them and they will normal respond with a direct email link. After I emailed them they called me within an hour.

I have been trying to call Disney over a billing issue. We have reservations that were paid in full. We modified our reservation to arrive one day earlier. We then received a new confirmation number and showing full amount due though it had been paid in full. I was on hold for 2 hours, someone answered, said I needed billing, which is what I had called, transferred me and I was back where I started with the same recording! What is going on?
There could be a lot of different explanations for this, but.. I think it's lack of castmembers. disney has cut back on everything due to the covid crap and now they are being very reluctant on bringing back the same force of castmembers they had previously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom