News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Right, so my point was that if they can bring back these events, why couldn't they have brought back the eat to the beat concert? I'm sorry, not sorry but I am not a fan of Broadway.
I don’t think it had anything to do with a preference for Broadway, that was simply the first festival that happened to fall at a time where they could hold these events again. There were concerts scheduled for the second half of Food and Wine at one point, as several of the artists (Taylor Dayne, for one) announced the engagements on their social media. Delta caused the company to pull back, and then when it seemed the situation improved it was too late to book bigger acts, so the local bands got some exposure. I don’t have any doubt that regular concerts will be back for both Flower and Garden and next year’s Food and Wine, so I wouldn’t worry.

castlecake2.0

I can’t remember if Epcot is usually decorated over two days or not, but most interior locations have not received any holiday decor. Not sure if this is normal and it’s still coming or a cutback. This happened last year in many places, the outside was decorated but the inside never got the regular holiday package.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

A look at the new physically distanced Santa Claus meet and greet area at Once Upon a Toy in Disney Springs​

disney-springs_Full_45267.jpg

Crazydisneyfanluke

I can’t remember if Epcot is usually decorated over two days or not, but most interior locations have not received any holiday decor. Not sure if this is normal and it’s still coming or a cutback. This happened last year in many places, the outside was decorated but the inside never got the regular holiday package.
Which Interior places did you visit? I remember some being decorated and some not. I know the world showcase shops usually are and some of the country stores.

Disneyson

Very jealous of the Muppet Christmas Carol Coach that Disneyland has now. Would love to see that at WDW.
The thematically appropriate character overlays are infuriatingly jealousy-inducing. They get the princes on their float, as well as what looks like a fully-staffed dance crew (which ALSO performs on normal days.) Hans, Oaken and the Duke of Weselton are out, as well as Elsa in her blue holiday dress and… the Frost Fairies from Fantasia, apparently?! The Mickey’s Christmas Carol variants are out there, too. Total madness. They’re also doing what is essentially the Tiana dessert party they used to have for free with live entertainment several times an evening. Jack and Sally (and the Mansion overlay).

What does WDW have that this one doesn’t? Fireworks, I guess. And, even as a big fireworks guy, I’d say that this one positive does not come close to competing.

Brenthodge

MagicHappens1971

The thematically appropriate character overlays are infuriatingly jealousy-inducing. They get the princes on their float, as well as what looks like a fully-staffed dance crew (which ALSO performs on normal days.) Hans, Oaken and the Duke of Weselton are out, as well as Elsa in her blue holiday dress and… the Frost Fairies from Fantasia, apparently?! The Mickey’s Christmas Carol variants are out there, too. Total madness. They’re also doing what is essentially the Tiana dessert party they used to have for free with live entertainment several times an evening. Jack and Sally (and the Mansion overlay).

What does WDW have that this one doesn’t? Fireworks, I guess. And, even as a big fireworks guy, I’d say that this one positive does not come close to competing.
I’ve been looking for a place to discuss this. WDW as a whole resort makes much more money then DLR. I would assume that comes with a larger budget for things like this, so does anyone in the know have an understanding if it’s just how TDA vs TDO choose to spend their money? Or is TDO just sitting on piles of money instead of investing into their parks?? I’m just confused

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom