News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2021 Earnings Results Webcast

Skywise

How Orwellian can you get?!
"We're going to help make healthy Americans by reducing portion sizes. This also helps save the planet by reducing waste!"

What "portion sizes" are we talking about here? Smaller Churros? Only one skewer at Ohanas?! How about "All you care to enjoy" buffets be removed?

Disney seems to forget they're a LUXURY brand and not a necessity. Genie+ is a flash in the pan and while it's profitable now their overall crowd sizes are going to drop as word spreads. Eventually people are going to figure out that they're severely overpaying for an illusion with bad food (yeah - ALL Disney Dining is surprisingly mediocre) and spending an additional $100 to get onto a 50 year old ride.

I love DisneyWorld - don't get me wrong - but at some point you have to wonder what the point is as they continue to cut the parks to the bone while upping the costs to astronomical levels and finding new ways to charge you for things that were "inclusive" mere months ago.

I'm not even against them raising costs but to do that while cutting parades, charging you for resort parking, cutting entertainment, charging you for fast passes, cutting food portions... ummm... no.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How Orwellian can you get?!
"We're going to help make healthy Americans by reducing portion sizes. This also helps save the planet by reducing waste!"

What "portion sizes" are we talking about here? Smaller Churros? Only one skewer at Ohanas?! How about "All you care to enjoy" buffets be removed?

Disney seems to forget they're a LUXURY brand and not a necessity. Genie+ is a flash in the pan and while it's profitable now their overall crowd sizes are going to drop as word spreads. Eventually people are going to figure out that they're severely overpaying for an illusion with bad food (yeah - ALL Disney Dining is surprisingly mediocre) and spending an additional $100 to get onto a 50 year old ride.

I love DisneyWorld - don't get me wrong - but at some point you have to wonder what the point is as they continue to cut the parks to the bone while upping the costs to astronomical levels and finding new ways to charge you for things that were "inclusive" mere months ago.

I'm not even against them raising costs but to do that while cutting parades, charging you for resort parking, cutting entertainment, charging you for fast passes, cutting food portions... ummm... no.
I agree with every you say…except one part. Can you find it? 😎

Ldno

how long will that last though...I give it 12-18 months
I mean occupancy is an issue right? 200 or so rooms with guests only staying 2 days? Iddk
They keep saying "lots of people enjoy" things that everyone hates.
Lolololol
For the 2022 edition of the Unofficial Guide to Disney Cruise Line, we're starting off by saying that Disney's overpriced relative to the rest of the market, for many common kinds of cruises.
This hits home, I was casually looking through USAA’s member perks discounts for DCL, it was close to shaving 2k off the price but it was still too high for me I guess.
They’re double…yet another topic I’ve fallen into the role of “the heavy” over the years…

Just got off an “older” Royal caribbean last week…

better than the dream/fantasy…still

an Alaskan on one of their anthem class ships is cheaper and just better than the disney itineraries we looked at in the past
OMGGG here I was happy to go on another carnival cruise.
The Hubris of the era. A major reason why their result was that short form the Wall Street estimate.
For sure the days of stack ‘em high and watch them fly are long gone
Makes you wonder if Josh D is with us or against us?
He’s an executive so no lolol

celluloid

It will be slow changes. Things don't just switch off. Josh may be a sharp difference of leadership mentality, but I have not seen a ton park operation wise that tells me not. The concern there is, he was chosen to be where he is for a long period of time for a reason by the others above him. So he is in a similar school of thought somewhere.

I have heard anecdotal many times that would depict him as much more Cast oriented. Which would be a start.

Walt d

"The Walt Disney Company will discuss fiscal full year and fourth quarter 2021 financial results via a live audio webcast beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, November 10, 2021."

Teally
Chapek maintains guidance despite slowdown.
really?? Or you could leave things the way they are’! I come to my! Disney world, to have fun and eat my way through my favorite restaurants and favorite foods. And i expect to enjoy my favorite restaurants often.. and New tastes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom