i am suppose to book my trip .... BUT I AM TOO MAD TO DO IT...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I knew that was going to be the example, and from the two most likely to defend the new Di$ney. A bunch of projections is vastly superior to a 20 minute AA masterpiece? Keep snorting that pixie dust, or maybe it's just an IV directly into your bloodstream now? Keep your standards low, it seems to serve you well.

eliza61nyc

I knew that was going to be the example. A bunch of projections is vastly superior to a 20 minute AA masterpiece? Keep snorting that pixie dust, or maybe it's just an IV directly into your bloodstream now? Keep your standards low, it seems to serve you well.
Lol what are you the "Siskel and Ebert" of theme park rides? 🤣 only the ones you deem superior get the stamp of approval.

You wanted examples you got em.

I'm really low brow. I like frozen better than maelstrom *** gasp***

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

The "angst" is knowing Disney can and has done better, but management no longer has any desire to do anything beyond the absolute minimum because the sheep absolutely eat it up. "Good enough" is what they aim for these days 98% of the time, not "blow your mind". Rise is the lone exception since Everest opened 15 years ago. Show me one thing they've ripped-and-replaced in the last 2 decades that has been better than what was there before, and don't give me the standard BS response of "no one rode what they replaced, that's why it was replaced". Lack of maintenance is no excuse for cheapness and poor decision making.
Better in the last 2 decades. All of DCA, Galaxy’s Edge at DL, Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story land, and MMRR at Hollywood studios, Pandora and the new Lion King theater at Animal Kingdom, New Fantasyland at MK, Rat and Frozen at Epcot… those instantly sprung to mind.

Id argue all of the parks are significantly better now than they were a decade ago.

dreday3

I knew that was going to be the example, and from the two most likely to defend the new Di$ney. A bunch of projections is vastly superior to a 20 minute AA masterpiece? Keep snorting that pixie dust, or maybe it's just an IV directly into your bloodstream now? Keep your standards low, it seems to serve you well.

"the two most likely..."

....Wow, am I really that influential and popular on this site?...she wondered...

😂 😂 😂

dreday3

Lol what are you the "Siskel and Ebert" of theme park rides? 🤣 only the ones you deem superior get the stamp of approval.

Did they even go on the ride?

And I'll go even lower - we really liked Alien Swirling Saucers!

Vegas Disney Fan

I liked Harmonious better than ROE but didn’t mention it because thats considered heresy to many here.

(I cant believe they replaced happily ever after though… that was perfection and shouldn’t have been touched!)

Disstevefan1

i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..
There are so many places on earth to vacation for less than a WDW vacation. Do your self a favor and shop around for the others. You will be pleasantly surprised.

MickeyLuv'r

I never said the subject was silly? I did say I don't understand dropping thousands of dollars on a vacation that you are going into unhappy.

The Op says he wants to go to a place where he cries with happiness Multiple times during the trip and he feels Disney no longer gives him that feeling. So naturally I'm questioning why he wants to go back?
The OP is very clearly asking how to bridge their own conflicted emotions.

In post #58, you quoted JusticeDisney. JusticeDisney clearly said, "For every one person on a forum like this who cries and whines about every single change that is made, there are about a million more people who go to WDW" You "liked" that post, quoted it, then went on to say, "They're mad at current Disney policy but they are even more mad at those who still love it and have no problem returning."

Nowhere did the OP say anything like that in this thread. The OP very clearly said, in bold lettering no less, "I am afraid...I WON'T HAVE A GOOD TIME." OP's post was asking how to bridge their own conflicted emotions. The OP has not expressed any disdain for anyone.

I was being mild when I said "silly," a more accurate description is unsympathetic, or even disdainful. You assume OP is, "going to go and complain about everything they did before, things that haven't come back and the price." Then added, "And God forbid something goes wrong."

Ouch.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

i am less then 6 months out from "going to WDW".. but right now.. I can't look at an ad.. I can't watch a special... I can't hardly discuss it with my wife.. For one of the first times in my life.. I have the money and the time and the imputes to go back to Disney.. over the years I have struggled with both time and MONEY, and yet I leaned on my wife enough to make it all happen for me and our family.. Don't get me wrong., She loves Disney as much I have ever have.. but she has to bend the bills to pay for all of this.. but RIGHT NOW.. I don't want to pull the pin and go.. I am afraid , one of Covid, but even more afraid that with the current pricing structure.. that in the end .. I WON"T HAVE A GOOD TIME>.

Disney in our minds could and we have anticipated that they will raise prices.. this is a given under the current regime.. but its HOW MUCH they have taken way that has kicked me in the guts.. TO PAY EXTRA JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE... Walt would have fired the first person saying so in public or in a private meeting.. THIS IS NOT DISNEY.. and I don't care what UNIVERSAL DOES.. its like comparing Apples and CONCRETE.. they are not the same.. for one UNIVERSAL GIVES AWAY FREE DAYS.. right there its all different.. IT"S SNOT DISNEY... its concrete..

i Do not want to get on an airplane and come home and say.. IT WAS A BAD TRIP.. it was TOO MUCH MONEY.. or NOT ENOUGH PIXIE DUST.. or what ever.. because that would ruin my lifetime of never having a bad day in the park.. never having a bad day at disney.. I do not want that.. but right now.. I can't book this trip..

Its not a good situation and I have no real solution for it.. I am going to GO ONE MORE TIME.. this has been a PROMISE IN THE MAKING.. but i just want it to be a good experience and not a bad one for my grandchildren.. I don't want to be a " special customer" .. I want to feel like I have always felt, where truly this is ONE OF MY TRUE HAPPY SPOTS.. a place where i cry at happiness many many times in 8 days.. and especially when I leave.. I just can't do it at this time..

I just can't..

I don't blame you. Seriously, forget WDW...take a look at a trip to Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea...the company that built that park -named the most beautiful theme park in the world - is the Oriental Land Company, and it built a Disney park that is worthy of anyone's time and dollars. AND visiting it can be more economical than visiting WDW right now, no joke!

Also consider visiting Phantasialand and/or Europa Park in Germany...I posted a video in this forum of Europa's ride "Piraten in Batavia", a ride that burned down a few years ago but was rebuilt so that it was EVEN BETTER (a phenomenon you will never see happen in any Disney park under Iger's rule) - take a look at that. It will blow your mind, and it blows Pirate of the Caribbean out of the water (and it pains me to type that, because I love Pirates). And then there's wonderful, wonderful Eftling Park in the Netherlands...words fail me. That place is so amazing. I'm sorry, it breaks my heart to type this, but other parks OVERSEAS have taken Walt's vision and made it happen - while the Robert Iger Company pays it lip service while cutting corners and raising prices. It's appalling and is one of the reasons I absolutely despise Iger. He won't even fix a broken ride (the yeti in Expedition Everest). NOBODY who truly loves Walt's legacy should patronize anything Disney right now. The only thing Iger's company cares about is money, period. When the company starts losing money, maybe THEN Iger will get his greedy butt truly kicked out, and Cheapak with him, and a turnaround might happen. Although I'm not holding my breath.

For my part, I MIGHT visit Disneyland again...but that's a BIG if...

Magenta Panther

Thats my point. It doesnt matter to Disney who is booking resorts or going into the parks... (except they do want those with more money to go who have more bucks to spend when they get in ).... whoever is deciding to stay away, the OP and others, gets replaced by someone else. The point is that Disney isnt getting hurt or getting hurt to the point where they will say... Oh crap, weve messed up, lets go back to the old ways. Numbers are solid enough to stay the course theyve set.
For now.

Magenta Panther

Thanks for sharing this. What you described was what I was feeling a couple of months ago and almost cancelled my trip that we just returned from. (We went 10/16-10/23) Last trip to DW was 2016.

First-We are from Idaho, so concerns on flight cancellations and such were a worry for us.
Second-We decided to invite two of my daughter's friends to go with us, so there was that added responsibility and expense. They covered airfare and park tickets and we covered the rest including food.
Third-Concerns on what would happen if anyone got Covid and one or more couldn't return was a stressful thought.
Fourth-Masks suck to wear and I'm tired of it, but that's the rule and it wasn't that bad in the end. It was still hot when we went, so the masks don't help in some of the queue's, but it was tolerable.

We had a BLAST! I tried Genie for one day and found it to be not important enough to pay for again. Like another mentioned, wait times were low. So, waits weren't bad at all and I stressed myself out when considering the expense of Genie+ for no reason in the end. There are other discussions on here about Genie+ which I agree with on when it might be good to have and when it's not worth it. Based on when you're going, it looks promising to not stress about having it.

In the end, we just simply needed Disney with everything that's been going on and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'm a planner and I found myself just enjoying the vibe that's Disney. We ate cart food mostly and brought snacks such as jerky, protein bars, trail mix, etc, in and we didn't find that we spent a fortune on food.

We stayed off property and I hated the place that I picked(The Grove). I mean I hated that place. I wish I'd spent a little more and stayed on property, but with six of us(my family plus the two guests) it was hard to find something that would accommodate that many, so I had to go off property. There's something about being in the bubble that I'm willing to pay for. I don't like renting a car and paying for parking, getting in traffic, etc. Yes, it costs more, but the experience is worth something to me. Enough so that I've already requested a David's DVC Rental for my wife's birthday next October. Yes, I'm more than 11 months out, so have to wait, but I'm ready to look forward to the next trip.

In the end, there's no place like Disney. Yes, I do like to eat at the restaurants, but I'm not rich and won't pay for many of them. Turkey legs, Churro's, popcorn, etc. are great Disney Food, as well, and don't break the bank and I didn't have to leave the park. Plus, we were there during the Food and Wine Fest which allowed us to have all kinds of options for $5 each.

I'd say go! Enjoy being at Disney and relax as that's what I ended up needing more than anything and, like I said, that's coming from a planner. I found myself sitting down occasionally and enjoying the environment. You can't beat it anywhere else.

Again, thanks for sharing and I think I was worked up like you were. I didn't know how much food was going to cost me along with everything else, but we made good and economical choices and you'll do the same and have fun.

"You can't beat it anywhere else"? Oh really? And how many other places have you visited, may I ask?

Magenta Panther

I think the problem is we put the emphasis on changing the company. That is never going to happen. When I say stop going it's because my emphasis is why go somewhere that you spend hours upon hours complaining about?? I seriously don't get that. This is THE ONLY place I know where people call themselves fans, live off of a memory of a good time and then get mad at the company. What's the old saying "foil me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".
The company is not, I repeat not going to change in the near future.
So the stop going argument shouldn't fall flat because it's the very simple solution. Find somewhere else, if you (no you personally but general use of the word) start planning a vacation and it immediately makes you unhappy or stress. Sorry imo, that's a clear sign that wdw is no longer a good fit and that's cool
Disney is not going back to the 80s or 90s.

Wow, and this comment actually got some likes....hoo boy. Ehh, that's okay, the parks aren't what they were, and never will be again, but big deal. How dare you complain about it? Either pay the bloated prices or shut up.

Do I have that right?

graphite1326

Mickey's Runaway RR. 100X's better than the old sad tired, waste of 15 minutes that was the TGMR.
Toy story land is supremely better than that empty strip of land that was there before

But again HP why would you even contemplate going some where, where you would even have "angst". lol I really though the purpose of a vacation was to have fun?
I just rode Mickeys RRR. It's a one and done for me. No where near what TGMR was.

graphite1326

I have to agree. I just rode RoR last week. Although I did enjoy the ride, it reminded me alot of Universal projection rides. Right down to the drop which is a copy of the Spiderman ride.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I hate change. But WDW has changed. You just have to ease into accepting it. Go with low expectations and you might have a good time.

I’ve also learned to not take it personally. I guess I was naive, but reading the book Disney Wars taught me that this is nothing more than a job to upper management. It’s just an ego driven job. The current Disney executives could get a slightly higher paying job offer at GE or Apple tomorrow and they’d leave without a second thought. It’s all about money and that’s it.

I still go to WDW, but I go less often and typically stay off property. It’s the only way to keep costs down.

Mike W

Good luck with your decision as I know it is a difficult one to make. Since my experience has been the grands grow up so quickly, we went/go whenever we can and always enjoy the time spent together. Again, good luck with your decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom