Food portion cuts to increase profits?

Mark48

Original Poster
The CFO of the Walt Disney Company brought up " Cutting portion size " to increase profits. Also stated this would
" Be good for some peoples waistlines " . This profits are all that matters has reached the ultimate . So get ready
for the end of Boma buffet-Ohana will become Prix fix-and all other buffets will be gonzo. I am tired of the Take
take take and never give back.

Brian

The CFO of the Walt Disney Company brought up " Cutting portion size " to increase profits. Also stated this would
" Be good for some peoples waistlines " . This profits are all that matters has reached the ultimate . So get ready
for the end of Boma buffet-Ohana will become Prix fix-and all other buffets will be gonzo. I am tired of the Take
take take and never give back.
I can count on one hand the number of meals I've had at Disney, quick service or table service, that I felt were improperly sized in either direction.

Cmdr_Crimson

Pfft, please....
expensive-restaurants-be-like_o_4981423.jpg

disneygeek90

To me the obvious answer here is to cut back the number of Family-Style, All-You-Care-to-Eat dining options that seemed to proliferate in the pandemic.
I hate this model anyway. I know I should not and aren’t even capable of eating ~$55 worth of food in one sitting. Space 220 or other truly high end restaurants can sort of get my head wrapped around it for a special occasion or just to at least experience once every few years, but that is definitely an exception.

ToTBellHop

That line was so crass - "Be good for some peoples waistlines"

I just don't see this going well if social media catches on to that statement...
It’s an AWFUL message. As someone who has struggled with diet and exercise in the past and probably had an undiagnosed eating disorder in college, honestly, f-her. You don’t say crap like that while hiring a Black Santa to show how inclusive you are.

Current management are inauthentic pieces of human trash.

For the record, I try to make healthy choices at home so I can then eat what I want on vacation. If I’m full, I’m a big boy and can stop eating. If I’m hungrier that day, I’ll eat. I paid for it. I don’t need some blowhard in corporate making the decision for me. If she was really concerned over my health, she would ensure that restaurants had more healthy sides available for adults instead of fries and she’d push for bigger, more filling salads.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom