News Disney plans to include a black Santa Claus at Walt Disney World this year as the company continues its diversity and inclusion program

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I'm saying that it is rather ridiculous to criticize them for what they might do. If they actually market this, feel free to criticize them. But criticizing them for what they might do snacks of just criticism for criticism's sake.

Also, Steve gets info from many sources, not just PR. So now your saying Steve is doing stuff just for clicks?
Last time I checked, this was a discussion board and I was allowed to speculate. Feel free to disagree and we can discuss. (As we are doing now)

All sites, including this one, want to get clicks, they pay for the site. However unlike some unscrupulous others, @wdwmagic gets the clicks because he runs a solid site.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Our kids meet Santa every year, usually at the mall, and at Christmas we line the pictures up on our mantle. Clearly, the Santas are all different men. We have told our kids from the start that Santa is far too busy to visit every mall and Christmas event in the world so he sends out helper Santas. But, you never know if you’re meeting the real Santa or a helper Santa so it’s always important to be polite, happy and kind. They’ve literally never questioned it 🤷🏻‍♀️
My parents did the exact same thing with us growing up. And we are doing that with our kids.

Vegas Disney Fan

Regardless, more specific to this topic, historical St. Nicholas was of Greek decent. And most people (I think) would consider "Greeks" to be "White" even if they tend to be darker/olive skin, dark hair and eyes, etc. than northern European. Which is more a reflection about how imprecise and stupid classifying anyone by "race" really is.

I won’t be surprised if that’s what we get, everyone can relate to an olive skinned Santa and it’s a subtle change. Disney likes being inclusive but they are subtle, they’ve been introducing gay characters into cartoons for about a decade now but they aren’t in your face about it, it’s a hint, a nod… everyone should expect a light skinned black man which will anger the far right for being too dark and anger the far left for being too light.

brb1006

Santa is a fictional character who happens to be white.

Santa is fictional. He can be any race.
shq.gif

Shush, don't say that out loud, children might be visiting this site! And I don't care if people claim he's fictional, he's real dammit!

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

Thank you for clarifying, apologies for my assumption. I agree with that notion but I do think it could be confusing for kids who are taught to believe he is one, real person. I think removing him is better overall.

I grew up seeing black & white Santas. I can't ever recall questioning his race. I was just thrilled to seecSanta.
Most kids won't even care. They just see Santa.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Last time I checked, this was a discussion board and I was allowed to speculate. Feel free to disagree and we can discuss. (As we are doing now)

All sites, including this one, want to get clicks, they pay for the site. However unlike some unscrupulous others, @wdwmagic gets the clicks because he runs a solid site.
And last I checked, I'm free to challenge your speculation.

One thing we agree on though is that @wdwmagic runs a solid site, probably the best Disney parks fan site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom