News Disney plans to include a black Santa Claus at Walt Disney World this year as the company continues its diversity and inclusion program

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
No one complained when they had a Mouse dressed up as Santa.
02CA5B8C-6C58-4A84-8680-725807AF65F7.jpeg

DisneyCane

No one complained when they had a Mouse dressed up as Santa.
View attachment 599796
This isn't a supposed to be a black man dressed as Santa. He's supposed to BE Santa. Santa is a fictional character who happens to be white. This would be like having Mickey Rat instead of Mickey Mouse.

This isn't "inclusion" it is pandering. Would we celebrate a white actor dressed up as the Black Panther? I don't think so and I'd be just as against that.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Putting aside the fact that the company that charges mucho $$$$ to have access yet pushes for inclusivity is a complete joke. I really don’t think or see how anyone would be upset or offended by this. But you have to wonder why they just didn’t do this, instead of making it a PR spectacle which would invariably invite the unneeded ginned up controversy.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
This isn't a supposed to be a black man dressed as Santa. He's supposed to BE Santa. Santa is a fictional character who happens to be white. This would be like having Mickey Rat instead of Mickey Mouse.

This isn't "inclusion" it is pandering. Would we celebrate a white actor dressed up as the Black Panther? I don't think so and I'd be just as against that.
Inclusion would have been doing this with out the fanfare. Pandering is making big self promoting marketing message about something that honestly the vast majority of people would have no problem with.

PrincessNelly_NJ

There have been black Santas for years. The only new thing is him in a Disney Park.

Santa is fictional. He can be any race.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Putting aside the fact that the company that charges mucho $$$$ to have access yet pushes for inclusivity is a complete joke. I really don’t think or see how anyone would be upset or offended by this. But you have to wonder why they just didn’t do this, instead of making it a PR spectacle which would invariably invite the unneeded ginned up controversy.
How is it a PR spectacle? Its an article just like everything else they do.

CaptainAmerica

Inclusion would have been doing this with out the fanfare. Pandering is making big self promoting marketing message about something that honestly the vast majority of people would have no problem with.
They didn't do any of what you say they're doing.

CaptainAmerica

It’s a press release given to the media, which like everything these days will be made political and therefore controversial so that it can attract clicks and views.
It's not a press release. Literally says so in the article.

"Disney is yet to make an announcement about diversifying the representation of Santa Claus at Walt Disney World, and details here should be treated as speculation."

DCBaker

Premium Member
It’s a press release given to the media, which like everything these days will be made political and therefore controversial so that it can attract clicks and views.

Is it?

"Disney is yet to make an announcement about diversifying the representation of Santa Claus at Walt Disney World, and details here should be treated as speculation."

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Is it?

So it’s a press release waiting to be dropped then.

Steve doesn’t put out rampant speculation on this site unlike other unscrupulous sites. If he’s putting it out I’d put money on it that this is happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom