The 2021 Imagineering Awards - RESULTS COMING SOON

JokersWild

Original Poster
  • Best Imagineer: @Tegan pilots a chicken : She is a force to be reckoned with countless of skills that make her a great armchair imagineer. She is skilled at creating artwork, custom music, and her writing abilities are off the charts. In particular her Metroid ride created for The Sorcerer's Apprentice stands out to me as an example of something that she can do all on her own. It contains layouts, dialogue, descriptions, a custom soundtrack, and a love for what she does.
  • Best New Imagineer: @TheSorcerersApprentice : Just take a look through the work they have presented in their Efteling ~ World of Wonders thread. It is very impressive for someone who joined the forums this year, and contains plenty of creative and detailed projects that all deserve to be celebrated! I encourage everyone to read through that massive project when you have the chance :) If you want to see some of their more Disney geared work take a look at their Idea Box! Plenty of great concepts involving Disney IP/
  • Best Competition: The Sorcerers Apprentice Season 7 : While it didn't occur during the anniversary it was a great segue into the celebration thanks to its coverage of many competitions from years past while celebrating the future of Imagineering.
  • Best Host/ Judge: @spacemt354 : To start off with Space was one of the driving forces who put together Sorcerers Apprentice 7 , and (at least for me) made sure that everyone stayed on track and was communicating. In addition, Space has done plenty to help with the 20th Anniversary and Imaginarium ensuring they both got off their feet alongside with occasionally chiming in with his judging.
  • Best Team: Team Time from The Sorcerers Apprentice : I strongly believe that Team Time was consistently one of the strongest teams we have seen in the Imagineering forums in a while given their consistent top placements and large amount of wins this nomination should come as no surprise.
  • Best Project: Harley Quinn Kills the Joker by @Tegan pilots a chicken : Is it gory? Yes. Is it family friendly? No, not in the slightest. However I will stand by this being one of the most impressive projects not attached to any competition to be posted this year. It has a customized soundtrack curated and orchestrated by Tegan alongside concept art and a 36 page Google Doc also created by her to fully flesh out this project. You can tell that Tegan loves Harley Quinn, and this project oozes Harley's personality.
  • Best Project in a Competition: Jungle of Pixels by Team Soul from The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 7 : I think this project shows that when everyone in one team comes together under a strong narrative and theme amazing things can be created. This project combined Animal Crossing, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Ring Fit Adventure, Yoshi, and Pikmin all into one land that makes cohesive sense while having great segues into every neighboring land. Every aspect of this project was detailed from unique music tracks for each page of the site to concept art for a variety of attractions to detailed write ups and mock ups for every aspect of the project. The members of Team Soul went above and beyond for this project.
  • Best Park: Disney's Great British Adventure by @Justinate : From the day this park was first posted I thought this was a really interesting concept acting as a clever spin on the typical castle parks by solely focusing on British IPs. I think in the end this concept worked out as it is a park I remembered for much of the year, and was a concept I genuinely enjoyed reading through.
  • Best Concept Art: The Streets of Tokyo Overview : What can I say I'm a sucker for these land overview drawings, I think they're very impressive given the amount of scale and detail that is required to get them all just right.
    rAjsW_gwjNePC-5rs1YiII_RYwK0x9O9q6PYt91P0RgIcJvmexBYxFznmzk775qqSAVh5NiI2iY8W-Jl0jJ_UFUarQNxZSz9RTEa3Hmfh3jHPT_f1NFSA_ZwnY2wxprxQg=w1280
  • Best Video: Full Soundtrack - Scott Pilgrim vs the Universe by Team Realty Realtea Reelitin Reality : I just would like to celebrate the fact that the entire soundtrack for this show was able to be produced within the amount of time the team had, and it was just impressive what those who were doing the music could do. Hats off to them!
  • Best Presentation: Team Time's Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Concert Attraction Magazine : I think this was one of the best presentations from this year given just how unique of a presentation style it was, and how committed the team was to sticking to the presentation's theme. Everything was set up just like an edition of Attractions Magazine down to how the information for the project was fed to readers, an overall great job in terms of giving out information.

@tcool123 would you mind reposting that Streets of Tokyo concept art? The image is broken on my end and I have no idea what project it's from so I'm having trouble finding it.

ThemeParkPriest

A couple of nominations…I’ll keep thinking of others:
.Best Imagineer: @Pi on my Cake won the epic competition of the year. His final project was quite original even with 7 other finalists throwing their best at their own projects. Plus he has his own YouTube channel with videos that are pi minutes long!
.Best Host/ Judge: @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild . These hosts created great prompts (and ones that stretched my understanding of IPs). The drama was racketed up during podcasts through the use of the Wheel of Morality (or Consequence?). And they did this all while keeping two alliances, including the motley The Quadrant, at bay.

Also, it might be worth considering (maybe in future years), having a “Best Prompt” award. It could be something that people would want to revisit at some time or one that presented a unique problem to solve.

Last edited:

JokersWild

Original Poster
Also, it might be worth considering (maybe in future years), having a “Best Prompt” award. It could be something that people would want to revisit at some time or one that presented a unique problem to solve.
I wouldn’t be against adding that right now for an even 12 categories if everyone else is into it. It’s not something I’ve ever considered, but it’d be a fantastic addition, especially with how many unique prompts we’ve had this year.

TheOriginalTiki

I'll go ahead and throw another nomination at the board game round for Best Prompt. It wasn't even originally in the season roster but it turned out to have such a great result that I'm honestly considering it as a reoccurring project in every season especially because it allows us to present the winner of the season with a tangible "prize". Definitely a "game-changer" of a project concept :)

TwilightZone

.Best Imagineer: bump
.Best New Imagineer (Imagineer who started in 2021): bump
.Best Competition: bump
.Best Host/ Judge: bump
.Best Team: bump
.Best Project: bump
.Best Project in a Competition: bump
.Best Prompt: bump
.Best Park (open brainstorming or competition): bump
.Best Video: bump
.Best Concept Art: bump
.Best Presentation: bump
bump
sorry wasn't around much this year to give real votes

Lizzy May Bee

.Best Imagineer: bump
.Best New Imagineer (Imagineer who started in 2021): bump
.Best Competition: bump
.Best Host/ Judge: bump
.Best Team: bump
.Best Project: bump
.Best Project in a Competition: bump
.Best Prompt: bump
.Best Park (open brainstorming or competition): bump
.Best Video: bump
.Best Concept Art: bump
.Best Presentation: bump
bump
All great choices!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom