Rock n Roller Coaster vs Space Mountain

Better ride?

• Total voters

celluloid

Space Mountain. Accessibility, timeless theme and technically, I feel more to look at in the dark when projections are working. The pacing is great too.

RnR is a lot of fun. Particularly at the start, the pacing goes off for me if it is not your first ride. Aerosmith theme and hype is fun for anyone familiar with rock and the theme fits the park well. I love the theming pre and at launch, but it ends there for me.

CoasterSnoop

RnR's launch into the inversion is awesome, but I feel it really just meanders through the rest of its course without doing anything. Aerosmith helps a lot though.

With Space Mountain, I don't know if it's due to how it's roughed out over the years, but there is serious ejector in this ride especially in the back row. And the train intentionally slows down before both of the "larger" drops to throw you out of your seat. For a ride that tops out at 27mph, it's surprisingly forceful, so Space gets my vote.

JIMINYCR

RnRC. Has single rider line. Has pre show thats worth watching no matter how many times youve seen it before. Has better anticipation moments before take off and theres the inversions. Has some great songs that still please. Has a decent gift shop. AND THE RIDE CARS ( Unlike SM )DONT KILL ME GETTING IN AND OUT.

Cowboy Steve

Having lived my entire life within 40 mins of the roller coaster capitol of the world... I like to think I'm a coaster aficionado... or at least was until I got the inner ears of a 95 year old man. :rolleyes: 😁

I voted for SM primarily for the longevity - it is as fun to ride now as it was the first time I rode it in the '70s. I really enjoy RnRC as well... but SM is an icon for WDW. Second (in my mind) only to Cindy's Castle. As many times as I have ridden SM I still have no idea what will happen when once we hit the dark. Just love it!

MickeyLuv'r

Space Mtn, though the ride is getting a little rough.

I have come to accept RnRC, but to me, the theming feels a little incomplete, especially compared to many of WDW's other attractions.

Cowboy Steve

Space Mtn, though the ride is getting a little rough.

I have come to accept RnRC, but to me, the theming feels a little incomplete, especially compared to many of WDW's other attractions.
Do you think SM is getting rougher? Or are the newer coasters smoother and it just seems rougher? My kidneys would tend to agree with you though... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom