News Swan and Dolphin Tower Expansion - The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve hotel now open​

The-Cove_Full_45117.jpg

UNCgolf

I noticed something funny on the Swan Reserve website. They have a local area section that shows golf courses and other local attractions and under the description of the Magnolia course, it mentions that the course hosts the final round of the PGA Tour's National Car Rental Golf Classic.

That information is 20 years out of date. The tournament was last sponsored by National Car Rental in 2001 -- beyond that, the event itself doesn't even exist anymore and hasn't since 2012.

I'm sure they did a copy and paste from somewhere (somewhere very outdated), but I was amused that a brand new hotel has information that old on their website.

Last edited:

Lirael

The inside looks really pretty. It isn't Disney themed, but its not a disney property so I don't think there's a problem with that.

The outside is terrible however. Bad enough that's its just a basic glass box, but it fails to do something as basic as fit the theming of the rest of its own property. They couldn't even be bothered to pallette match.

tired_photog

The pool area looks nice but really tiny. I’ve never stayed at the Swan & Dolphin, any idea how long a walk it would be to that pool from The Reserve?

Casper Gutman

I honestly do not understand the attraction of going to the world's premiere themed resort and then staying at a generic, unthemed hotel. This just looks so overwhelmingly uninteresting.

(I also don't understand the attraction of "celebrity" vloggers who insert themselves into their videos. It makes me appreciate content creators like Marni and Alicia who create fascinating, well-edited videos that clearly present relevant information and rare footage.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I honestly do not understand the attraction of going to the world's premiere themed resort and then staying at a generic, unthemed hotel. This just looks so overwhelmingly uninteresting.

(I also don't understand the attraction of "celebrity" vloggers who insert themselves into their videos. It makes me appreciate content creators like Marni and Alicia who create fascinating, well-edited videos that clearly present relevant information and rare footage.)

Personally I spend very few waking hours at the resort so theming isn't that important to me.

lazyboy97o

Personally I spend very few waking hours at the resort so theming isn't that important to me.
But it doesn’t need to look so ugly. The colored spandrel panels are completely washed out. The random angled rooms that don’t really do anything but expose the floor slabs. Then the giant columns on the roof that don’t match anything else. It’s a mishmash of kind of trendy bits just slapped together onto a box.

UNCgolf

I don't spend much time at the resort either (I never use the pools or anything like that), but the resort theming is still a big part of the experience to me.

My issue with the Swan and Dolphin is the price, though. They're not that much cheaper than the Disney deluxe resorts, and cost more than the moderates. If I'm going to pay those prices, I want the theming. Otherwise I could just stay at one of the Disney Springs area hotels for much less.

They only make sense to me if you have a bunch of Marriott points and can stay there for a reduced rate or free.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It used to be that the Swolphin was significantly cheaper than the Crescent Lake resorts, providing a resort from which one can walk to EP or DHS. Not so much anymore.

However, the main use is for conventions. And the Reserve seems to be the more upscale set of suites for the big muckety-mucks (tho, the downside is they'll need to walk outside to get to the conferences).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom