MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

I'm sorry if that sounded meanspirited but this is Atlanta Georgia. What does history tell you is going to happen on Tuesday and Wednesday? Think Falcons huge Superbowl lead, or Braves of so many postseason past, last year's nlcs. Atlanta has a sports history like no other city. Sorry but I love it. Astros are sweeping in Houston this week. Put it in writing now.

If the Braves avoid the inevitable choke this week, I will certainly eat humble pie and admit I was totally wrong about this year's team. I don't think it will happen though because of what history tells us. We'll know in a couple days.

Dad 2 M & M

A8944E66-9FDF-472C-B5F1-1311AD7290B6.jpeg

You’re better than that…. My homie…

Budd

Well here we go again. Unless something miraculous happens within the next 4 hours, we're looking at another MLB lockout.
Then begins the "Blame the Owners / Blame the players" debate. :facepalm:
In these situations, both sides are embarrassing, imo.

Lilofan

The billionaire owner of the NY Mets surely has $$ to spend on a 37 year old pitcher at $43M for 3 years. And lowly Cleveland has a team annual payroll just a little more than that.

Budd

The billionaire owner of the NY Mets surely has $$ to spend on a 37 year old pitcher at $43M for 3 years. And lowly Cleveland has a team annual payroll just a little more than that.
It's like Ebenezer Scrooge forcing Bob Cratchit to be destitute, isn't it? I guess that pitcher will have to wait until next holiday season to afford his family a proper Christmas goose. :rolleyes:

Like I said, neither side comes outta this looking good. I feel like sending all of them pacifiers and sympathy cards for their financial hardships.

Diamond Dot

I'm a Mets fan and I'm blooming delighted, I think we deserve some good news for a change, Lindor was a duff bat last season for all that money although in the field he was outstanding. I think, I think Scherzer is money better spent. I'm expecting to see Syndergaard do a Thor publicity stunt at Avengers Academy before Spring training mind you.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Cant wait for the same 20 people to go to the Rays games now even if they won a World Series

artvandelay

Cant wait for the same 20 people to go to the Rays games now even if they won a World Series
The owners want their expansion fee from Quebec/Montreal, not the Rays playing there without them getting a taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom