If you could create or expand a transportation network on property..

Smiley/OCD

Believe it or not, the future has arrived! I saw someone riding one of these around Lake Winnipessauke two months ago. Unlike the Back to the Future version, though, these obviously only work on water.

View attachment 597185

With the interconnected waterways at Disney World, this form of transportation wouldn't be completely out of the question.
The alligators will be chomping at that chance…

Phonedave

Something that is continuous loading. I guess the Skyliner is sort of continuous loading, but it still backs up. Something along the same concept but faster. Like the people mover - but faster. Something that slows down as it enters the station but accelerates as it enters the main line.

J4546

if they made an ommnivover in DL from the parking garage to the promenade and covered in with a cool led tunnel like the las vegas strip....that would be chill

buckeyegator

underground subways connecting each resort to 4 central hubs, one for each park, then 4 subways to each park.could hop from park to park by going on the subway back to the central hub, then to another park. no rain, no hot weather.

ppet

I was not a big fan of the Skyliner when it was being built but after a couple of stays and using it, I love it. I would love to see it expand.

Heppenheimer

underground subways connecting each resort to 4 central hubs, one for each park, then 4 subways to each park.could hop from park to park by going on the subway back to the central hub, then to another park. no rain, no hot weather.
With Florida's high water table, it might look something like this:

1900x700-SWO-Shark-Underwater-Backdrop.jpg

Sbk1234

I actually have some sentimental attrachment to the buses, so I'd love to see these expanded with more buses, and dedicated routes without other traffic.
I'd also love to see more monorails and people movers throughout the resort.

And Star Trek transporters.

I would love seeing the skyliner expanded where it included Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani. I know they need to be careful due to the animals BUT! you would think they could find someplace for a station. Animal Kingdom is a gorgeous place to stay but not enough transportation options.

tpoly88

The skyliner is the cheapest way construct transportation of this magnitude in the park (besides a bus/boat) and is quick to build. the loading on the skyliners takes long and is problematic for some with disabilites and the system has to stop constanly for the loading/unloading. That being said it seems to be a big success and considering the monorail is millions per mile and more staff to run it, this is probably something you might see more off. i still think they need to do something cool at AKL to AK, maybe an offshoot of the conservation station train and guests at the AKL lodge come in the back way. the boats for boardwalk area are nice but way to slow and too infrequent. i beat the boat from the swan/dolphin to Epcot every time without trying, that shouldn't happen. im not a fan of the buses just because too many people and i didnt like it before covid. plus too many kids getting car sick and doing a Linda Blair all over the place

chriskbrown

I would love it if WDW was more bicycle friendly. I even asked the person at the parking lot ticket booth a few weeks back when I was handing him my $25 parking fee for my SUV what they would charge someone if a person showed up on a bicycle. He briefly asked the other person in the booth and apparently neither one of them knew. However, he said bicycles probably would not be permitted since there was no place to leave them while inside the park.
When we were there last March, after the parks closed, we saw several folks riding their road bikes on property. Since it was well empty it was a great place to ride. I love to ride myself, but the thought of riding in Florida say 6 or 7 miles from Old Key West to the front of MK, walking around the parks, then riding back in the heat - not thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom