News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Club Cooloholic

While its never great to see a ride go away without a replacement known to be coming in, this ride was a rough one. I had read many a review of how harsh the ride could be and the one and only time I rode it proved the reviews were right.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Primeval Whirl completely demolished. It will be interesting to see what they do next.

A blue wall is next :)

MrPromey

aladdin2007

Brad Bishop

It's funny because it is true.
I wonder if the problem is just that it's a bad location.

Interestingly, I think it'd probably be big enough for Mission: Space (with just two rides instead of, I think 4 over at Epcot). Outside of something small and spinning, there's not much else that they can do with that location. They could expand the gift shops or dining but that's pretty well taken care of there. Basically, it needs to be a show or a "spinny".

Buzz & Laugh Floor have a similar problem but if the two were just combined (space-wise) you could have a decent attraction there.

Sadly, if they ever decide to remove either of those rides, I could see that being the end of the Peoplemover.

raymusiccity

While its never great to see a ride go away without a replacement known to be coming in, this ride was a rough one. I had read many a review of how harsh the ride could be and the one and only time I rode it proved the reviews were right.
Of course this follows recent Disney logic. I guess they figure no attraction is better than a weak attraction. It's sad that this joins the slow motion race of replacing rides that have been closed without a clue of what their replacement might be. We should start a bet: which will be replaced first, 'Stich' or 'Primevil Whirl' ! 😔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom