All the changes at WDW. What's the effect on you?

spock8113

Always the museum crowd crops up in these discussions. These attractions have been gone for quite a while

2016 Osborne
2016 Lights!
2017 GMR

If you were really interested in the Osborne lights, you would have followed them to their new home at Give Kids the World where they are used for fundraising for the facility supporting its mission. It filled an otherwise empty section of the park, but it was seasonal so 10 months of the year the area was just facades used as an alley.

Lights! Even the Moteurs… Action! Stunt Show Spectacular is closing in Walt Disney Studios Park after 20 years. DHS was just a copy.

GMR was populated with intellectual property that was rented from its owners.
the Osbourne Lights 2015

Raxel7851

SWL is better than LMA and Osborne was an empty street for 10 months a year
That’s not quite entirely true. The Osborne Family Lights were part of the Backlot Experience that was decorated for Christmas. It was PACKED during the Holiday season. It was a walk thru to get somewhere else the rest of the year, but it was far from empty. IMO the Osborne Lights were my fav Christmas experience at WDW because you could walk and take your time.

Minnesota disney fan

That’s not quite entirely true. The Osborne Family Lights were part of the Backlot Experience that was decorated for Christmas. It was PACKED during the Holiday season. It was a walk thru to get somewhere else the rest of the year, but it was far from empty. IMO the Osborne Lights were my fav Christmas experience at WDW because you could walk and take your time.
There was also a fun pre show with Mulch, Sweat and Shears ( I think that was their name?) Their pre show was hilarious, and one of those "free" to guests perks. We looked forward to that show as much as the Osbourne Lights. It was always crowded but well worth it:)

Snake

Agree. I'm nostalgic for GMR. Who isn't? But MMRR is a great ride. Better than Rat, IMHO. (Both are trackless). You don't even need 3D glasses with this ride.
MMRR isnt so good, there are large sections of the ride where it just feels like an empty building, like around the tornado. There are enormous sections of blank floor visible and the vehicle path is extremely wide/large with nothing around? It just pulls all of the immersion out of the ride completely. They need floor projections or something, its just really bad. It like there was something planned for the space an they just cut it last minute. Its trackless but they don't even use the trackless to do anything unique, they could have a track an its the same thing. They have a water part you separate a bit but you can see the other vehicles? Why? They should have had a unique path each vehicle disappeared into alone, even for a little bit. The jackhammer part, I'm sure your vehicle was supposed to vibrate when the jackhammer goes off, again cut out of the ride? More cheap cuts?

Last edited:

Dreaming of Disney World

What gets us is the added fees: paid fast passes, paid transportation to/from airport, paid parking, paid magic bands, no free dining, no room discounts. On our last trip we didn't have to pay for any of that, and for our next trip we are paying for all of that. Recently my husband and kids said they didn't want to go to Disney World anymore because it's too expensive and not worth it, with all the added charges. I felt really disappointed because I still love Disney World and was already excited about our trip (originally for August 2020 but we kept pushing it back due to covid, now scheduled for August 2022). Anyway with my kids about to be vaccinated and boosters available for adults I've been feeling that it's probably safe enough for us to go, but my husband did not want to pay all the $$$ needed nowadays. Fortunately we have some saved American Airlines miles, and after playing around with them for months I was able to find a week where I could use our miles to afford 7 nights in All Star Music plus plane tickets for 4 people, so my family agrees we should go, and I booked the trip. :)

bubbles1812

MMRR isnt so good, there are large sections of the ride where it just feels like an empty building, like around the tornado. There are enormous sections of blank floor visible and the vehicle path is extremely wide/large with nothing around? It just pulls all of the immersion out of the ride completely. They need floor projections or something, its just really bad. It like there was something planned for the space an they just cut it last minute. Its trackless but they don't even use the trackless to do anything unique, they could have a track an its the same thing. They have a water part you separate a bit but you can see the other vehicles? Why? They should have had a unique path each vehicle disappeared into alone, even for a little bit. The jackhammer part, I'm sure your vehicle was supposed to vibrate when the jackhammer goes off, again cut out of the ride? More cheap cuts?
I rode MMRR today for the first time and noticed literally none of this. I’m not a Disney apologist (please see my long history on the forum) but your critique seems incredibly nitpicky. If you’re looking at the floor the whole time, what are you doing? No idea on the jackhammer part, but I didn’t need that to get the point.

And I’ll take the trackless system any day. Seems a gross exaggeration to say that all that could have been done on a track, especially the dance with Daisy part. Fairly… unique… I would say. 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom