News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

A reminder: masks don’t hurt business…an idiot ceo and dumb prices hurt business 👍🏻
PSA for today

3ff63f739c9f43d96fe126272a46ac93.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree but would like to also add that masks do hurt the memories. But it seems the CEO doesn’t care much about that anymore $$$$$. I may be impartial due to our wedding fast approaching and not wanting masks in all our indoor wedding photos and videos.
I think I see where you’re coming from 😉

have fun…I had one of those 17 years ago in the park formally known as “EPCOT” myself

A reminder: masks don’t hurt business…an idiot ceo and dumb prices hurt business 👍🏻
PSA for today
As an avid mask wearer, I disagree with the first part of your statement. Most of the people, myself included, will not go to Disney until COVID becomes truly endemic whether Disney requires masks or not. I think a lot of people who are "COVID fatigued" and are throwing caution to the wind aren't going to Disney because of masks. Just my 2 cents.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As an avid mask wearer, I disagree with the first part of your statement. Most of the people, myself included, will not go to Disney until COVID becomes truly endemic whether Disney requires masks or not. I think a lot of people who are "COVID fatigued" and are throwing caution to the wind aren't going to Disney because of masks. Just my 2 cents.
I think those are two different things. Those that want flatline conditions before returning are based in health concerns…those that boycott specifically because of masks are few and far between. They are just LOUD

CaptainAmerica

I think those are two different things. Those that want flatline conditions before returning are based in health concerns…those that boycott specifically because of masks are few and far between. They are just LOUD
There's a difference between a boycott and "I just don't feel like dealing with it." I don't like masks but I've been twice with them and followed the rules. But once my son turns 2, I'll be pausing all leisure travel until mask requirements are lifted, especially on the planes. I'm not mad at Disney or the TSA, nor am I making a political statement. I just didn't want to spend my vacation trying to keep a mask on a toddler.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's a difference between a boycott and "I just don't feel like dealing with it." I don't like masks but I've been twice with them and followed the rules. But once my son turns 2, I'll be pausing all leisure travel until mask requirements are lifted, especially on the planes. I'm not mad at Disney or the TSA, nor am I making a political statement. I just didn't want to spend my vacation trying to keep a mask on a toddler.
That’s fair

I don't think anyone who matters is actually boycotting Disney because of masks. But Disney is really, really, really, really expensive and to most families a once in a lifetime trip that is filled with as many photos and videos as you can get to remember it. The mask is really damaging to that. That doesn't mean the mask isn't necessary, but I could understand why someone would not go right now. I think it would be very unfair to call those people anti-maskers.

Trauma

I don't think anyone who matters is actually boycotting Disney because of masks. But Disney is really, really, really, really expensive and to most families a once in a lifetime trip that is filled with as many photos and videos as you can get to remember it. The mask is really damaging to that. That doesn't mean the mask isn't necessary, but I could understand why someone would not go right now. I think it would be very unfair to call those people anti-maskers.
Exactly, to pretend like masks are not hurting business is a clear signal you are so wrapped up in your ideological beliefs that you are blind to the truth.

Exactly, to pretend like masks are not hurting business is a clear signal you are so wrapped up in your ideological beliefs that you are blind to the truth.
I remember the first time I brought my kids to Disney. It still brings a tear to my eyes. Unfortunately, due to outrageous pricing that chance may only happen once in their kid's childhood. I couldn't imagine wasting that one experience (not to mention money) right now with this mask policy; not especially when it will almost certainly be gone in a few months or so. So I don't think Disney is going to go bankrupt over the mask policy but as you said, people are absolutely (and reasonably) not going because of it.

Heelz2315

^ I have cancelled three trips to WDW because of the flip flopping on masks from them. I was scheduled to go in August, and November until in late July they brought them back. I am fully vaxxed as is my entire family. Most of us have had our boosters. I will not go back until they remove the masks all together. Ideally I'd like it as "normal" as I can get it. Esp since it cots a ton to go these days.

We're just waiting until they drop them to return.

Tom P.

^ I have cancelled three trips to WDW because of the flip flopping on masks from them. I was scheduled to go in August, and November until in late July they brought them back. I am fully vaxxed as is my entire family. Most of us have had our boosters. I will not go back until they remove the masks all together. Ideally I'd like it as "normal" as I can get it. Esp since it cots a ton to go these days.

We're just waiting until they drop them to return.
The problem is that they're not going to drop them permanently -- even though they should. They are always going to leave themselves an opening based on changing conditions and they can make changes at a moment's notice. So for the typical person who plans their Disney trip quite a ways in advance, it is going to be extremely difficult to do trip planning based on mask requirements. I think anyone who is unwilling to wear masks at Disney is either going to have to be very flexible in changing plans or not go for quite a while.

Howie4life

There are people that are more conservative when it comes to the virus than me, then you have people on the other extreme that didn't even think the virus was real or thought it was the same as the flu. I kinda struggled with the decision, but the fact that the virus is way less likely to affect kids has me hoping that they take the requirement away for all rides, or even to not require masks for children before my trip in 2 weeks. I am fine wearing a mask, but when you take a picture or video of a child during this once in a lifetime trip for some, you miss so much of their expression with the mask.

Heelz2315

I don't know. I would hope that when WDW drops them they want them gone for a good long while. That's why I think they may hang on to them through the end of the year to make sure nothing shifts.

IF nothing worse than Delta comes along, the 4th wave may be all that we get of this. Not saying that it won't come back, but it won't be nearly as bad and each wave get smaller and smaller to the point where it doesn't disrupt life the way it has and doesn't have the large impact it's had.

When they are dropped I plan to be out the door in 10 days to visit LOL...just in case. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom