Christmas Parade Cuts

castlecake2.0

Plain and simple… you are wrong. There absolutely are still staffing challenges outside of housekeeping and culinary. CP’s helped a lot but it does not solve and did not solve the issue.

Most operating areas, including attractions, merch, FB and more are operating at numbers below what is considered fully staffed. Numerous operating areas, including many that are currently home to displaced entertainment cast are operating with cast working 6 days and mandatory overtime. There are areas in the parks that have been on 6 days most of this year.

Current staffing challenges absolutely do effect entertainment… and more importantly entertainment does not exist in a vacuum. Even if all entrainment performer positions were able to be fully staffed, it still takes an army of operations cast, costuming, cosmetology, techs, managers, maintenance, and other roles to support any entertainment production.

Things are coming back on line. Slowly. But it’s a complicated beast and it can’t simply be just turned on.
I find that’s the typical attitude of this particular department.

aladdin2007

Let’s see what happens. I doubt it but I hope they bring it back ASAP
I agree even though Im not a fan of FOF, but the park needs a real parade again. These street party things (they couldn't even use the 50th themesong?) just aren't cutting it, and as long as chapek and his manager minions are steering ship we will not ever see a light parade (old or new) return at this point, never say never I know but...... I still lament the loss of the christmas garland all because of a parade, but the disney world of yesterday is gone so oh well.

jrhwdw

I agree even though Im not a fan of FOF, but the park needs a real parade again. These street party things (they couldn't even use the 50th themesong?) just aren't cutting it, and as long as chapek and his manager minions are steering ship we will not ever see a light parade (old or new) return at this point, never say never I know but...... I still lament the loss of the christmas garland all because of a parade, but the disney world of yesterday is gone so oh well.
Couple things.

Mickey's Cavalcade is the 50th one, with the 50th Theme Song. Whether that Cavalcade will grow when FOF returns......who knows????

We lost the Garland because of how big FOF was. No different than POD/PTN when they ran during Christmas at DL. Granted at DL, it was only the actual 50th/60th year plus 2016 for PTN but still!

I will agree that TDO had no excuse not to return the Garland in 2020 or this year since FOF had no chance at 2020 and I'm 99% sure we won't see FOF before Merriest AH ends. I'm no insider, I'm just basing it on our current luck! Rollseyes!

Squishy

I will agree that TDO had no excuse not to return the Garland in 2020 or this year since FOF had no chance at 2020 and I'm 99% sure we won't see FOF before Merriest AH ends. I'm no insider, I'm just basing it on our current luck! Rollseyes!
The excuse is probably that they threw it out or altered it into decorations for something else.

mm52200

Couple things.

Mickey's Cavalcade is the 50th one, with the 50th Theme Song. Whether that Cavalcade will grow when FOF returns......who knows????

We lost the Garland because of how big FOF was. No different than POD/PTN when they ran during Christmas at DL. Granted at DL, it was only the actual 50th/60th year plus 2016 for PTN but still!

I highly doubt holiday services holds on to decor they haven’t used in over six years on the off chance that a pandemic occurs allowing them to use it again....

CaptainAmerica

I find it funny how they have no problem gathering a big crowd for an hour for fireworks but are afraid of doing a spread out crowd along the parade route?
The guests aren't represented by a union that has made very specific demands regarding social distancing for performers.

Continuing safety theater
That too.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Any social distancing requirements for Equity performers can be lifted now that the company has a vaccination requirement in place.

Disney can return shows to their traditional stagings whenever they like, minus audience participation and interaction.

CaptainAmerica

Any social distancing requirements for Equity performers can be lifted now that the company has a vaccination requirement in place.

Disney can return shows to their traditional stagings whenever they like, minus audience participation and interaction.
The union date for proof of vaccination was October 22 and you're not "fully vaccinated" until two weeks after your second dose, so I would expect November 5 to be the absolute earliest anything changes.

Zummi Gummi

The union date for proof of vaccination was October 22 and you're not "fully vaccinated" until two weeks after your second dose, so I would expect November 5 to be the absolute earliest anything changes.
You are correct, as usual.

Although I wouldn't expect any staging to change until January, but that's just me speculating.

CaptainAmerica

You are correct, as usual.

Although I wouldn't expect any staging to change until January, but that's just me speculating.
Do you have any sense of the boots on the ground? Would they have the bodies to return to normal even if they wanted to? I'm not sure where staffing stands at this point.

Zummi Gummi

Do you have any sense of the boots on the ground? Would they have the bodies to return to normal even if they wanted to? I'm not sure where staffing stands at this point.
Equity wise? Yes. Shows like Hoop Dee Doo, Nemo 2.0 or whatever it'll be called, and the original FOLK and BatB could return to normal in two weeks if Disney wanted them to. Initially, the delays were that backstage crew (techs, cosmetology, wardrobe, etc.) were not available, but to my knowledge that's not an issue anymore. There are plenty of Equity actors simply awaiting a call or an audition notice.

For the non-equity performers, it's a bit trickier. A lot of them are still staffing other areas, and they can't just leave those areas unstaffed.

jrhwdw

For FOTLK and more importantly BATB. Social Distancing needs to end before the Pre COVID versions come back correct? I can't wait till BATB has the Regular finale but we need to cross a line/threshold I'm guessing?

Zummi Gummi

For FOTLK and more importantly BATB. Social Distancing needs to end before the Pre COVID versions come back correct? I can't wait till BATB has the Regular finale but we need to cross a line/threshold I'm guessing?
That’s entirely up to Disney at this point. Broadway shows have since returned with no social distancing onstage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom