Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John park hopper

I agree with you. The elderly, the obese and smokers are more vulnerable . People that have autoimmune disease , on chemotherapy ,prolonged steroid therapy are also vulnerable. Anyone with asthma, cancer ,respiratory disease or heart disease or diabetes are vulnerable . So if someone has diabetes ,is obese has asthma and smokes ,that is 4 risk factors . The risk factors add up. Also those that had 2 vaccines are still slightly vulnerable especially if the still have multiple risk factors because the vaccine is only 95% or 96% effective. Also you are vulnerable for about 2 weeks after your vaccines. According to CDC anyone that has the vaccine will need a 3rd vaccine (booster) if their vaccine date is over 6 months because the vaccine starts to weaken . I think people forget this information and believe that COV is a killer on its own. People start to get lack and not wear a mask which protect the vulnerable and unvaccinated.
Don't these underlying medical conditions hold true for many diseases and not just COVID

correcaminos

Regardless of arguments? Dear Wife & I (both 69), have our Moderna Booster set up for the week after we get BACK from WDW, NOV 2021. We are in MI - our NOV 2021 vacation will get us OUT of "15% death state MI" into "5% doing pretty well FL" :).

Our biggest concern? That germ lab aircraft :(.
Aircrafts actually are not bad at all with transmission.

I thought for some reason MI was closer to 10% though.

Vegas Disney Fan

The vaccines affectiveness went down a little bit against Delta but the difference is still pretty remarkable.
5DB21D60-96BF-4584-815F-7C40C49A9E19.jpeg

Nubs70

Aircrafts actually are not bad at all with transmission.

I thought for some reason MI was closer to 10% though.
MI is pretty busy. Hospital system on west side of state. 90% hospitalized w/ Covid unvaxxed. ICU 95% unvaxxed. 97% vented unvaxxed.

correcaminos

MI is pretty busy. Hospital system on west side of state. 90% hospitalized w/ Covid unvaxxed. ICU 95% unvaxxed. 97% vented unvaxxed.
Regionally is different often and I was speaking as a whole for all of MI since the poster stated it for the state not region. Just was curious if numbers were being reported differently. My own state even varies largely regionally.

John park hopper

The wife and I f=got the Mrna
So now any possible questions (or answers for that matter) as to the origins of the virus or the NIH potential for involvement (as in what they knew) “don’t matter”?

Interesting.
We all know where it came from ---the powers to be have made it not PC to spell it out

Tony the Tigger

Just FYI, after having a fairly strong reaction to the second Moderna shot (felt like the worst hangover ever and kept me out of work the next day) the half-dose booster was cake.

Other than the usual pain at the injection site, I was maybe a little more tired than usual over the last 12-15 hours. All good.

Lilofan

Just FYI, after having a fairly strong reaction to the second Moderna shot (felt like the worst hangover ever and kept me out of work the next day) the half-dose booster was cake.

Other than the usual pain at the injection site, I was maybe a little more tired than usual over the last 12-15 hours. All good.
Sorry to hear that, the second Moderna shot gave me a 23 hour flu like symptoms 5 hours after the shot while curled up in bed trying to sweat it out.

Heppenheimer

My Pfizer booster gave me worse muscle stiffness than with the second dose, but the fatigue wasn't nearly as bad. I also had a large swollen lymph node in the armpit for a few days. None of the fever or chills that knocked me out with the second dose. All in all, although the booster caused a more intense reaction than any other non-COVID vaccine, it wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

I had not seen that this was posted on the forum last Friday, if it was, sorry for the redundant info.

View attachment 595475
As a point of comparison, the pre-Delta spike low was 10,512 resident cases for week ending 6/11/21 with a 3.3% new case positivity. A 32% drop in cases from here will be the lowest weekly cases since June 2020. Based on the current trend that could happen within two weeks.

Kevin_W

My 3rd Pfizer was delayed arm pain only. 2nd shot arm pain was nearly instantaneous (less than an hour). A little less severe maybe. So far friends and loved ones are reporting less than 2nd for the vast majority which matches with the trial results I read.
My wife got her 3rd Pfizer on Friday. 2nd shot caused the 12-hours of fever/aches that is common. 3rd only a little fatigue and lymph nodes in the neck a bit swollen.

correcaminos

My wife got her 3rd Pfizer on Friday. 2nd shot caused the 12-hours of fever/aches that is common. 3rd only a little fatigue and lymph nodes in the neck a bit swollen.
I've been lucky with all of this. I was never down at all like that for any. I do have the honest advantage of not knowing and not adding stress about what will happen for sure because I'm only guessing if I got real vs placebo. I swear it helps. Though someone I know in the trial swore they got the real deal and was very bad off with aches and fatigue only to find out it was a nocebo effect lol

Really all in my family haven't had bad side effects at all. Must be some genetic component. I do try to nitpick side effects a lot for the trial though.

DisneyCane

If the NY Times is to be trusted Florida had the lowest Covid19 rate in the USA, 8 per 100k. NJ is 7th and NY is 21st.
No reason not to trust raw data. Also, the CDC says the same thing. According to the CDC, FL has the lowest seven day cases per 100k of any state at 58.5 (8.36 per day).

I'm guessing this fact isn't being highlighted in New York Times articles or any other national media. Nobody wants to admit that it's just natural cycles and the only real difference between geographic areas is timing. Notice on the county view map from the CDC, in general, the areas which were first to get to the high spread classification are now the first to start moving down to substantial and moderate.

More people vaccinated = fewer hospitalizations and deaths during the waves but outside of that there really isn't any human control over this virus, despite what people want to believe or worship.

ltc.jpg

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
No reason not to trust raw data. Also, the CDC says the same thing. According to the CDC, FL has the lowest seven day cases per 100k of any state at 58.5 (8.36 per day).

I'm guessing this fact isn't being highlighted in New York Times articles or any other national media. Nobody wants to admit that it's just natural cycles and the only real difference between geographic areas is timing. Notice on the county view map from the CDC, in general, the areas which were first to get to the high spread classification are now the first to start moving down to substantial and moderate.

More people vaccinated = fewer hospitalizations and deaths during the waves but outside of that there really isn't any human control over this virus, despite what people want to believe or worship.

View attachment 595567
I wonder this wave will get lower soon by this Winter 2021-2022 aka Thanksgiving and Christmas. Even if the cases will getting lower by 2022. That would make less more problems such as little waves as no huge spikes / surges (Thanksgiving and Christmas) Even Federal Transportation mask mandate would be lift by Spring 2022 for trains, buses, planes and cruises if the cases are low enough by then. As the pandemic for the world, I think the pandemic will be ending by Summer 2022 for the whole world. Even USA will have low COVID-19 cases by Summer 2022 or Spring 2022. Then we will be good by then.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom