Is WDW's 50th Anniversary a Flop

Disone

Original Poster
They aren't going to do anything more than they already are doing. They are drawing crowds now so they don’t NEED to (spend money to) offer more. That’s been their business model for a while now. Sorry. This is the best we’re gonna get for the 50th. It’s only gonna get worse from here when the decorations start falling off the castle and the lights start burning out on SSE.
Agh. Can we try to be a little hopeful? They do still have attractions to open. Under your premise they will not open them because they're already getting the crowds.... But they are going to open them.

Now sadly whether they open them in time for the 50th anniversary celebration to be tied into that is not a given but at this point I'm still willing to think that they will tie them into the 50th anniversary.

None the less, your point is well taken. I'm just trying to be positive.

monorail81

Agh. Can we try to be a little hopeful? They do still have attractions to open. Under your premise they will not open them because they're already getting the crowds.... But they are going to open them.

Now sadly whether they open them in time for the 50th anniversary celebration to be tied into that is not a given but at this point I'm still willing to think that they will tie them into the 50th anniversary.

None the less, your point is well taken. I'm just trying to be positive.
Ironically, I’m usually the optimistic one. 😂 Thought I’d take a different approach on this one.

DocAndy

Shows simplified, I noticed hours cut back for the holidays, Local bands at EPCOT without name bands, weaker menus, longer parking walks, longer standby lines without fastpass unless we pay extra- not much to be excited about or desire to resume frequent visits yet.

Disone

Original Poster
Shows simplified, I noticed hours cut back for the holidays, Local bands at EPCOT without name bands, weaker menus, longer parking walks, longer standby lines without fastpass unless we pay extra- not much to be excited about or desire to resume frequent visits yet.
I agree with all except the longer standby lines. Stand by lines have definitely been shorter. Things like FoP posting 95 minute waits when it use to be 120+ .

I have been okay with the standby wait and for what ever reason, chances have been in your favor the actual wait is shorter then the posted time.

Introvert

I feel that the 50th Anniversary is lackluster because of Disney's financial looses from COVID and also due to the goals of administration. I love Disney World and enjoy Pandora and Galaxy's Edge . But, what Universal did with Harry Potter is so much on a different elevated level. Disney missed the boat when they wouldn't t let Rowlin's have more power over it's construction . I can know see why she opted out .When I visit Galaxy's Edge I feel the buildings are so similar to Pandora the same industrial look and crumbling greige color scheme . I realize the story dictates the land but could maybe the planet they envisioned be different looking than Pandora. I feel that WDW parks have been headed in a different direction and will continue with rides that are based on and are very similar to other attractions.

ne4now

Went this weekend and from a fans point of view, its a major disappointment. The new fireworks show at MK was void of any emotions and felt like watching fireworks/light show almost anywhere. The EPCOT show was fantastic but man are those barges an eye sore in daylight and EPCOT is basically a construction site.
From an investors point of view, I am mostly thrilled. The parks were packed despite being in a recession/global pandemic and merch was flying off the shelves. People were rushing to pay $49.95 for a plastic cup (very proud of my wife for not making the splurge on that one, even she thought that was absurd). Couldnt get reservations at any mid level or better dining venues despite trying for weeks leading up to this trip and was told I have to line up at 1 to put my name in at 3 for a chance to come back to an expensive tiki bar I have walked in to before.
Only thing that bothers me is that I am afraid many people will not want a repeat of the current "experience" they get for the $ at WDW.

rreading

Went this weekend and from a fans point of view, its a major disappointment. The new fireworks show at MK was void of any emotions and felt like watching fireworks/light show almost anywhere. The EPCOT show was fantastic but man are those barges an eye sore in daylight and EPCOT is basically a construction site.
From an investors point of view, I am mostly thrilled. The parks were packed despite being in a recession/global pandemic and merch was flying off the shelves. People were rushing to pay $49.95 for a plastic cup (very proud of my wife for not making the splurge on that one, even she thought that was absurd). Couldnt get reservations at any mid level or better dining venues despite trying for weeks leading up to this trip and was told I have to line up at 1 to put my name in at 3 for a chance to come back to an expensive tiki bar I have walked in to before.
Only thing that bothers me is that I am afraid many people will not want a repeat of the current "experience" they get for the $ at WDW.

Well if it's less busy then it's not going to be as crowded and maybe they'll offer more to entice us back

Cmdr_Crimson

I have to say they marketed DL's strangely. While it was to incorporate the company's 50 years of their theme park side it seemed that WDW would get more of the attention than DL did as it was being celebrated in 2005 with 2 rides and 2 shows and DL got a Parade....And you'd expect them to be cross promoting DL's 50th during Macy's Thanksgiving Parade...Nope, It was promoting WDW instead...which is why I say that The Happiest Celebration on Earth promo was done better...

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Flop, to me getting rid of the light parade is like removing Mickey Mouse form the park. You know your going to see him when you enter the park, you mean to tell me the 2 staple attractions are going to be removed and replaced by projections on the castle? With a weak show like Disney Enchantment it needs to be supplemented by some other nighttime attraction.

John park hopper

Flop, to me getting rid of the light parade is like removing Mickey Mouse form the park. You know your going to see him when you enter the park, you mean to tell me the 2 staple attractions are going to be removed and replaced by projections on the castle? With a weak show like Disney Enchantment it needs to be supplemented by some other nighttime attraction.
Light parade probably costs a heck of a lot more than projections on the castle and we all know Bob is about the bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ keep stockholders happy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom