News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

brb1006

I assume the characters are the usual ones right? not talking Mickey or anything like that?

Speaking of funny...

Despite noise coming from behind the Indiana Jones spectacular back in October 3...
The cast member nearby said the return of Indiana Jones was "pure speculation" XD
Talking Mickey hasn't been used by Disney for a couple years now. However, I remembered when Disneyland just begun testing out Talking Minnie and Donald alongside Mickey at a DCA event.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I assume the characters are the usual ones right? not talking Mickey or anything like that?

Speaking of funny...

Despite noise coming from behind the Indiana Jones spectacular back in October 3...
The cast member nearby said the return of Indiana Jones was "pure speculation" XD
Especially given the fact that DBP announced the return of Indiana Jones....

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

eddie104

Well I’m glad to see some shows returning even though they might not be performed the same way we remember due to Covid restrictions.

TDLFan

I hope the entertainment department can get it's act together. Even the new castle welcome show took 5 steps back. I remember thinking, " Oh, I wonder how grand it will be for the 50th!? Will Cinderella make an appearance with lavish costumes for the fourcourt dancers?!" NO. WE GOT HIGH SCHOOLERS DANCING POORLY IN SHORTS.

mm52200

I hope the entertainment department can get it's act together. Even the new castle welcome show took 5 steps back. I remember thinking, " Oh, I wonder how grand it will be for the 50th!? Will Cinderella make an appearance with lavish costumes for the fourcourt dancers?!" NO. WE GOT HIGH SCHOOLERS DANCING POORLY IN SHORTS.
You do also realize entertainment is essentially being handed a five dollar bill and being told to make it work with all of these new/returning offerings right? Welcome Show has always been a short and sweet affair.

drew81

You do also realize entertainment is essentially being handed a five dollar bill and being told to make it work with all of these new/returning offerings right? Welcome Show has always been a short and sweet affair.
And I feel that will be the way going forward. Makes me sick.

ToTBellHop

I don’t mind the Welcome Show being brief. But get the damn parade going! There is an irony in DL, DLP and TDL announcing the return of parades soon while WDW hasn’t. All three had SIGNIFICANT restrictions during the pandemic but are safely bringing back entertainment sooner than WDW, which has basically had no restrictions for many months.

Guess I’ll enjoy a parade at Universal and then fly to Paris to see one instead…

DisneyDodo

Does anyone know if Disney has any plans to bring back more character dining anytime soon? I’m going in December and have thus far been unable to secure an ADR for Chef Mickey’s on our one non-park day. It would be nice if there were a few other options to try for.

Cesar R M

So.. articulated heads were removed everywhere except FOTLK.
I wonder.. anyone knows the real reasoning? the new changes requires new configurations? cost cuts? damage during furlought?

mm52200

So.. articulated heads were removed everywhere except FOTLK.
I wonder.. anyone knows the real reasoning? the new changes requires new configurations? cost cuts? damage during furlought?
$$$
Art heads cost more to maintain and you need dedicated techs working shifts specifically with the art heads whenever you use them.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I don’t mind the Welcome Show being brief. But get the damn parade going! There is an irony in DL, DLP and TDL announcing the return of parades soon while WDW hasn’t. All three had SIGNIFICANT restrictions during the pandemic but are safely bringing back entertainment sooner than WDW, which has basically had no restrictions for many months.

Guess I’ll enjoy a parade at Universal and then fly to Paris to see one instead…
Someone reported in one of the threads (i think one of our insiders) that were was a contract for FoF to return early next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom