Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Patcheslee

1 minute difference, the earlier return time was offered after the 5:05 returned time. Screenshot_20211019-072704_Disney World.jpgScreenshot_20211019-072623_Disney World.jpg

mikejs78

Premium Member
With Maxpass at Disneyland if someone canceled a return time it would become the next available time for one lucky guest. This appears to work the same way.
I'm not sure that's what's going on here. After observing it for a bit it seems to cycle through the day then start over.

TimeTrip

Does this mean they've sold out of all ILL/IAS before that time? It was 10am or something earlier IIRC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-073035.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-073035.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 97

dav23

Am here now and got Genie+ for my group to test drive. The actual app side of things works well and now that I've figured out the tip board and everything I like the layout and functionality.

...but yeah, seeing the bill at the end of it and having to process the credit card transaction does kind of suck the "magic" out of it all.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
…now don’t be sneaking off to “experience” this next time, boys 😇
While I'm sure that TWDC will use today's Genie+ usage as a demonstration of its "resounding success", it's probably not emblematic of a typical usage day. Wait a week or two until everything is fully vetted and experienced by typical guests, not the "super fans" or social media idiots on Twitter, to get an actual idea of it's impact.

I will be interested to see the wait times today versus yesterday. I'm betting what's posted is going to be very unpalatable from here on in, provided it's accurate.

TimeTrip

Can someone explain to me the “Standby Line not available” that I’m seeing in all the screenshots? I thought standby lines were staying as is?
That probably just means it's not available bc the park isn't open, though it doesn't make any distinction for VQ only for Rat. Strangely enough, the 7am VQ window still appears to be open.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Here’s a design flaw:

Because the park is open for early entry but the rides are closed during early entry, it’s no longer possible to book a LL for Safari or Kali.

E58E5ADE-66CB-4B40-8AD6-9C638F505139.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom