Big air travel shake-up for UK visitors flying to Orlando

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We haven't been allowed into your country since 2020.
…but you wouldn’t have wanted to be is my point. Remember what state we’re talking about?

Europe and the Kingdom have eclipsed us in the responses…so has Canada…typical
The U.K. has a complicated “traffic light” system, which is being simplified a little.

Other European countries have different rules, I think France has just closed its borders to anyone from the US again.

Returning to the U.K. from a red list country means compulsory quarantine in a specific hotel. Everywhere else involves a mixture of PCR tests and / or quarantining at home. The US is currently an Amber list country.

But the US has refused to allow anyone except US citizens in if they have been in the U.K., Europe or various other places in the previous 14 days.
Thank you for the clarification…also see above 👍🏻

esskay

About bloody time is all I can say. There's been no excuse for it taking this long when the UK especilly is way ahead of the US on double vaccinations.

Of course the downsize is Disney immediately tripped the prices on the UK site. Apparently a family of 4 going in december can now look forward to paying close to £10k for the cheapest accommodation, vs < £1k for a decent villa. Yet another thing thats killed the perk of staying on site.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
About bloody time is all I can say. There's been no excuse for it taking this long when the UK especilly is way ahead of the US on double vaccinations.

Of course the downsize is Disney immediately tripped the prices on the UK site. Appaently a family of 4 going in december can now look forward to paying close to £10k for the cheapest accommodation. Yet another thing thats killed the perk of staying on site.
There is an easy solution to this move

nickys

Premium Member

Of course the downsize is Disney immedialty tripped the prices on the UK site. Appaently a family of 4 going in december can now look forward to paying close to £10k for the cheapest accommodation. Yet another thing thats killed the perk of staying on site.
Part of me is impressed they actually updated the U.K. site.

Wendy Pleakley

Will this have much of an impact on WDW?

I'm in the same boat. I could fly to Orlando tomorrow, but I'd need a COVID test both coming and going.

It's an added expense. Hundreds of dollars per person.

It's a hassle, having to schedule and get to a testing location.

There's risk. Even if I get a mild case of COVID I'm suddenly faced with changing flights, needing a hotel for longer, etc.

I feel relatively comfortable doing most things, as a fully vaccinated individual. However, spending time in theme parks in Florida just isn't the greatest idea right now.

Robbiem

This summaries the current situation. Most brits / Europeans would need to quarantine outside europe for 14 days before entering the US. Trump was going to end this but biden prolonged the ban until now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This summaries the current situation. Most brits / Europeans would need to quarantine outside europe for 14 days before entering the US. Trump was going to end this but biden prolonged the ban until now

Yeah…we’ve been raging for bout the last 3 months…and the first 3 months of the year…just for context

jpinkc

Ok so why did Eisner build EuroDisney??? Sorry No Offense as I have friends in the UK who are delighted they can come and are wanting to plan a late winter early spring trip 22. I asked him the question and I cant repeat his thought of Disneyland Paris.....

SamandplanningUK

Ok so why did Eisner build EuroDisney??? Sorry No Offense as I have friends in the UK who are delighted they can come and are wanting to plan a late winter early spring trip 22. I asked him the question and I cant repeat his thought of Disneyland Paris.....

Disneyland Paris is not a scratch on WDW, everything is in French, the magic isn't there and we miss the amazing hospitality and friendliness of the American staff, they really make our trips special.

Indy_UK

I do find that Disneyland Paris does have something special that makes us go back time and time again but It is tiny compared to WDW plus us brits are desperate for the better weather

nickys

Premium Member
We really need an actual date from the US at this point. It's very difficult to work out what will fly when at this point.
Well unless you’re planning a visit in the next 6 weeks you’ll be fine. The US said “early November”.

Unless things get pushed back, of course. But then that’s no more uncertain than whether you’d pass a Covid test etc.

The big issue right now is that in order to get back in to the U.K. you need a negative PCR test. Which is fine, but if you’ve had a positive test you cannot get another PCR test for 90 days.

Q_Division

Thankfully, I'm towards the end of November so I'm less concerned.

Yes HM Gov. are just as bad as the US with dates wrt. the move from PCR to Lateral Flow for return, that said it should still be before thew US date (as is stands).

Wendy Pleakley

We really need an actual date from the US at this point. It's very difficult to work out what will fly when at this point.

There's no such thing as a "certain date" when it comes to COVID.

Plans and policies can change quickly as the situation changes. Just look at how the Delta variant impacted things.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

nickys

Premium Member
They now need to add some more information regarding under 16s.

12-15 year olds in the U.K. are only being given a single shot, and the same is true of some other EU and Schengen area countries.

As yet there are no vaccines approved for 5-12 year olds in the U.K. or EU / Schengen afaik. And some of the EU / Schengen countries are not yet vaccinating under 16s at all.

For obvious reasons, the travel companies and families will be waiting for information about the rules surrounding minors.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

The United States will accept vaccines authorized by U.S. regulators or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization, according to the C.D.C. This includes Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer-BioNTech, two versions of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, Sinopharm and Sinovac. Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine is not currently on the accepted list, meaning that most Russians and others inoculated with Sputnik V may be prohibited from entering the United States.

People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose of a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, a spokeswoman for the C.D.C. said.

It is not yet clear how the United States will handle “mix and match” vaccines, an inoculation strategy common in Canada, involving a first dose of one vaccine and a second dose of a different vaccine. The World Health Organization has not yet included this approach on its approved list because “there is currently limited data on the efficacy of a ‘mix and match’ regimen,” a representative said. Over the weekend, Canadian authorities said that they are working with the United States to include people who have been vaccinated this way on the accepted list.
What about children and others who can’t get vaccinated for medical reasons?
Most countries that currently require vaccination for entry make exceptions for children too young to be vaccinated. It seems likely that the United States will do the same, but the White House declined to comment on specifics of this policy. It is not yet clear what other exceptions will be made.

nickys

Premium Member
It does seem likely they will allow minors in.

However, because the US policy on vaccination of children differs from many the countries affected, it depends on how they interpret “children too young to be vaccinated”.

Until they confirm, there won’t be a rush of new bookings. By now people want as much certainty as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom