[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Lilofan

Olivia Rodrigo is NOT even on the same anet as Aerosmith! Thats all there is to be said about that.
A collaboration of Olivia and Steven Tyler can't be ruled out. Who would ever think that Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias would perform together?

No Name

There's a difference between popularity and impact.
Not exactly sure what you mean by impact. I get that there are a lot of people with a longer-developed love for Aerosmith and that’s worth something. But when the artist could literally be changed out overnight, I don’t really see the need for anything more than who will draw the biggest crowds in the moment.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Not exactly sure what you mean by impact. I get that there are a lot of people with a longer-developed love for Aerosmith and that’s worth something. But when the artist could literally be changed out overnight, I don’t really see the need for anything more than who will draw the biggest crowds in the moment.
My best guess is they want someone well known internationally that has been a big name for years. It's not like they change every year with whoever is popular at the time. Best chance is it becomes an IP based makeover.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You don't really think that people ride RnRC for the band, do you?

Yeah, the music adds a nice touch, but even without the music, it's still a neat roller coaster.

Trust me, people would ride it even if Olivia Rodrigo's music was being played during the ride.

No Name

You don't really think that people ride RnRC for the band, do you?

Yeah, the music adds a nice touch, but even without the music, it's still a neat roller coaster.

Trust me, people would ride it even if Olivia Rodrigo's music was being played during the ride.
That’s the whole damn point, they can change it to whoever is currently popular on a whim. To your last sentence, it would actually draw extra attention.

Incomudro

It’s snooty to think otherwise.
LOL, no...
What matters is cross generational, and cross market appeal.
An artist like Rodrigo sells millions to a very narrow age and gender demographic. Mostly teenage girls.
An artist like Aerosmith is known by teenage girls, and 80 year old people.
Across all races too.
They have songs that those people know, fans or not... They know some of the songs because they are part of the public domain.

Incomudro

An artist like Rodrigo would draw the biggest crowds if the overall population of the park was teenage girls.

When I saw this my eyes popped out of my head. I am all in for this. Now I am a 15 year old girl so hear me out. I love Olivia Rodrigo since she started in an American Girl story. I think she is a sensation that is going to be the next Ariana Grande. Now do I really think her music goes with the roller coaster. I don't know about that. I think they would have to change it up a lot. I do know there would be a ton of young people wanted to ride the ride though even still.

Snake

Accolades? 🙄 I’m no Olivia Rodrigo fan but she’s more popular than both of them combined right now and that’s really all that matters.
Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records in the United States.[21][22] With 25 gold, 18 platinum, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most total certifications by an American group and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. They have achieved twenty-one Top 40 hits on the US Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were ranked number 57 and 30, respectively, on Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[23] In 2013, Tyler and Perry were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and in 2020, the band received the MusiCares Person of the Year award.

Olivia whats her name has sold 150 million records? I think not.
And Jackson, 400 million

Jackson is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with estimated sales of over 400 million records worldwide.[nb 2] He had 13 Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles (more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era) and was the first artist to have a top-ten single in the Billboard Hot 100 in five different decades. His honors include 15 Grammy Awards, six Brit Awards, a Golden Globe Award, and 39 Guinness World Records, including the "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time". Jackson's inductions include the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (twice), the Vocal Group Hall of Fame, the Songwriters Hall of Fame, the Dance Hall of Fame (the only recording artist to be inducted), and the Rhythm and Blues Music Hall of Fame. In 2016, his estate earned $825 million, the highest yearly amount for a celebrity ever recorded by Forbes.

Olivia-
With Sour's 84,000 copies sold across all of its configurations (CD, vinyl, cassette and digital album) in the week ending Aug. 26, the album's total U.S. sales now stand at 256,000 -- making it the No. 2-selling album of 2021.Aug 30, 2021

More popular in your grade/high school maybe, worlds bigger than that

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom