Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Hotter Than Hades Birthday Trip

Hey guys...sorry I am super delayed in writing this and I am certain it will take me forever to write this one too! But....I do want to share it so here we go!

Who?
Back to the usual ....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)

When?
July 9 - 17, 2021

Where?
We stayed at the Yacht Club again :)

Why?
My 33rd Birthday - and it was hot out.....:hilarious: Also - I barely took my camera out so most of these photos are my from my phone. Sorry in advance :)

Day 1 July 9 2021
We got up at 3 am (😩), got ready and headed to the airport. My Mom stayed at my house so we could just drive together and not wake my Dad up :)
We got to the airport around 3:45 am and we were stuck in the Southwest line for forever because everyone forgot how to pack a suitcase, check in, take out a passport, etc etc.
Anyway - we eventually made it through security and to our gate.
Time for our usual date sign!
tempImageukVcjL.jpg

tempImage7srchn.jpg

Airport living...
tempImageqYHY15.jpg

We were in row 2 on the plane!
tempImage7FL4Nw.jpg

We actually had a layover in Chicago which was super annoying. It was essentially the same distance from Chicago to Orlando as it is from Buffalo to Orlando so it was an extra 1.5 hour flight for the same distance essentially :banghead:
Obviously it could not be helped as Southwest added this layover after I booked and there were no other options but we still complained :joyfull:
There was barely anything open at Midway to eat so we got some donuts. I only took a photo of one of them apparently. Off to a great start :hilarious:
tempImagejRMgS9.jpg

It was stale so would not recommend :joyfull:
Anyway eventually we got on our second plane
Magic Band twins!
tempImagebgqpty.jpg

We made it finally!
tempImage08e1BL.jpg

Fonorail photos!
tempImageVUa99B.jpg

tempImageeNIrge.jpg

tempImagevElkjZ.jpg

Next up: Day 1 continued

Songbird76

Day 4 continued
Some random Disney Springs photos...
View attachment 591129
View attachment 591130
I loved Black Widow but I took this before I saw it :)
View attachment 591131
After DS we headed back and to the quiet pool
View attachment 591132
But the sky looked like this...
View attachment 591133
So then we went on our balcony and read our books!
In case anyone was wondering what was in the bag that came with my balloons..
View attachment 591134
We got ready for dinner and took some photos..
View attachment 591135
View attachment 591136
Some test shots for the big day the next day!
View attachment 591137
View attachment 591138

Next up: dinner!
Your dress is super cute!! And what books were you reading on your balcony, please?

Songbird76

Day 4 continued
Waiting for our Uber...
View attachment 591139
Our dinner was at California Grill but we were early so we wandered around for a bit. We always joke that these chairs are in a circle for "worshiping" the trees.
View attachment 591140
View attachment 591141
Our usual Mickey photos...
View attachment 591142
View attachment 591143
We did some shopping after this...
View attachment 591144
And looked at the construction
View attachment 591145
THEN ....the best thing ever happened....we noticed the arcade was back open!!
We love the arcade!
View attachment 591146
View attachment 591147
View attachment 591148

Next up: more Contemporary
I'm curious because I've never been to the contemporary, but how much does it cost to play skeeball and can you win anything? My son LOVES skeeball. We go to the carnival every year just so he can play skeeball. We do nothing else. And he gets enough points for a small stuffed animal, usually a sheep if they have one.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
What a nice surprise! The cake sounds delicious. We have had Nassar a few times and he is really nice. We had him as a server twice before the Covid shutdown and then when we returned in August of 2020 and he remembered us. I was surprised that he remembered us, hopefully he remembered good things and not how many crumbs I left on the table! HAHA!

He was so sweet! We also always leave so many crumbs :hilarious: I hope we get to see him again once this weird 50th thing they are doing there is over

I am SURE I could get up early enough to rope drop BLAZE! 🤩

Disney Confetti is the only confetti that matters!

WOW! That is an amazing cake! That is so sweet! How do you even order special cakes like that at WDW? I'd love to do one when we are there!

That sounds PERFECT. Grey stuff mousse! Amazing.

What a fabulous birthday experience! Waiters really make the experience. I've noticed some really do go above and beyond!

There is a cake line you can call to order them but my sister had a hard time getting through so apparently she just called the Contemporary itself :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Your dress is super cute!! And what books were you reading on your balcony, please?

Thank you! Honestly I can not remember what I was reading :hilarious: It was not that great of a book

I'm curious because I've never been to the contemporary, but how much does it cost to play skeeball and can you win anything? My son LOVES skeeball. We go to the carnival every year just so he can play skeeball. We do nothing else. And he gets enough points for a small stuffed animal, usually a sheep if they have one.

You can not win anything - I don't remember how much it costs because we just put money on an arcade card but I don't think its a ton of money ! They have skeeball at all the arcades!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 - July 13, 2021
It was Birthday day! In truth I actually don't love my Birthday because I don't love attention unless I am at Disney apparently :hilarious:
We got up around 6:30 am, got ready and had some cake for breakfast
We got to the bus stop at 7:20 am but a bus did not come until 7:50 :banghead:
tempImageg2Ij1T.jpg

We arrived at the MK to a bunch of crowds....I took a ton of crowd photos :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImage1qZn50.jpg

tempImageLGhOaS.jpg

This was our only full day in MK so we decided to Rope Drop Splash Mountain because we were not sure when it was closing.
tempImageqU1C2t.jpg

Everyone else apparently had the same idea :hilarious:
tempImageRZjNZK.jpg

The park also did not open until 9 am on the dot....long gone were the days of early rope drops (although now they are back with the resort early opening :joyfull:).
Anyway after a very stressful Rope Drop (where we made it to the front because we went a different way) Splash was closed :jawdrop:
So annoying...
So....BTMR it was open
tempImageOsq4wN.jpg

tempImageXQkBuS.jpg

tempImageJZerFr.jpg

tempImageOidHXD.jpg

Splash was still closed after this so we stopped for some PP photos...
E62837A3-BF06-46C7-85E4-B2C0513B76E7.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
557CA1F0-E364-4DB0-8EFB-8428C1DDA9C6.jpeg

9786CB8C-E7B0-4C6C-94B3-93FD55F6B788.jpeg

tempImageuY6YbX.jpg

Then we hopped in line for Haunted Mansion
tempImage3mrzzb.jpg

tempImageMzGzWx.jpg

1BFE085F-2013-4934-AC82-3317C3AE6F4C.jpeg

3501FA51-F79D-43CF-8C6B-18E714712A66.jpeg

86E78099-670C-424D-8899-38B30A6ABC22.jpeg

After Haunted Mansion we wandered back over towards Splash. It was still closed but the Touring Plans app predicted it may open again soon. We waited in a line that was already forming
tempImageqb5tnP.jpg

But then the CMs kicked everyone out of that line. THEN...like 2 minutes after that the ride opened to a mad dash.
tempImagetmdHsf.jpg

cgersic

The birthday cake brought tears to my eyes!!! Soooo pretty! Happy birthday and I love your birthday tank and mom's cute little shorts/skort/skirt?! And the picture of you guys after Splash - I laughed right out loud it's so fun!

slipperalwaysfits

There is a cake line you can call to order them but my sister had a hard time getting through so apparently she just called the Contemporary itself
There's a cake line.....YAY!! Or maybe I'll just call the hotel...either way, fantastic advice, thank you!
But then the CMs kicked everyone out of that line. THEN...like 2 minutes after that the ride opened to a mad dash.
That's probably why they kicked everyone out....would NOT want to be part of that "mad dash" but glad you only waited 15 minutes!!
We only waited 15 minutes!

🤩

Songbird76

Thank you! Honestly I can not remember what I was reading :hilarious: It was not that great of a book

You can not win anything - I don't remember how much it costs because we just put money on an arcade card but I don't think its a ton of money ! They have skeeball at all the arcades!
Well, if it wasn't a great book, then I'm assuming you wouldn't recommend it, so then the title doesn't matter. That clears that up!

Aw...too bad you can't win anything. I'd have fun playing and then give the tickets to some little kid so they could get a bigger prize. That's what we do here. A picks out what he wants and then whatever we have left over, we give to a little kid. But it's fun to just play anyway. Not every resort has an arcade, do they? The only one I really knew about was at the GF because we had gone there for a Beaches and Cream ADR and it was storming, so they had closed the pool area and put all the machines in the arcade on Freeplay. While we waited for our ADR, A went in to play, but I never actually went into the arcade. There was just a CM there telling all the kids they could come into the arcade to play for free until the pool opened back up. Until then, I had no idea there were arcades, because I guess I thought...who needs an arcade at Disney?? Who is coming to Disney and going to an arcade instead of to the parks? Now, of course, I know that LOTS of people do resort only trips, or need some time away from the parks, but I guess I just wouldn't have really expected many to spend much time in an arcade. But it was a nice little diversion for A while we had to wait for our ADR.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The birthday cake brought tears to my eyes!!! Soooo pretty! Happy birthday and I love your birthday tank and mom's cute little shorts/skort/skirt?! And the picture of you guys after Splash - I laughed right out loud it's so fun!

That photo is funny ! She is wearing shorts :)

There's a cake line.....YAY!! Or maybe I'll just call the hotel...either way, fantastic advice, thank you!

That's probably why they kicked everyone out....would NOT want to be part of that "mad dash" but glad you only waited 15 minutes!!

🤩

I hate mad dashes but it worked out thankfully

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Well, if it wasn't a great book, then I'm assuming you wouldn't recommend it, so then the title doesn't matter. That clears that up!

Aw...too bad you can't win anything. I'd have fun playing and then give the tickets to some little kid so they could get a bigger prize. That's what we do here. A picks out what he wants and then whatever we have left over, we give to a little kid. But it's fun to just play anyway. Not every resort has an arcade, do they? The only one I really knew about was at the GF because we had gone there for a Beaches and Cream ADR and it was storming, so they had closed the pool area and put all the machines in the arcade on Freeplay. While we waited for our ADR, A went in to play, but I never actually went into the arcade. There was just a CM there telling all the kids they could come into the arcade to play for free until the pool opened back up. Until then, I had no idea there were arcades, because I guess I thought...who needs an arcade at Disney?? Who is coming to Disney and going to an arcade instead of to the parks? Now, of course, I know that LOTS of people do resort only trips, or need some time away from the parks, but I guess I just wouldn't have really expected many to spend much time in an arcade. But it was a nice little diversion for A while we had to wait for our ADR.

I honestly thought all the resorts had arcades but I may be wrong ....it is the perfect thing to do in the rain and waiting for ADRs !

Trying not to be jealous of your CG birthday dinner :cry: I'm still salty about them changing it. Looks like you had a wonderful dinner. A great server always makes things so memorable and fun!

Ugh sorry girl!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
The Splash line was nuts when we got off!
tempImageSM8DgN.jpg

Anyway after this we headed to Peco Bills for lunch. I had beef tacos and my Mom had chicken tacos
tempImage3geF8a.jpg

tempImagevdiRIW.jpg

So yummy!
We then headed to Aloha Isle for a treat
tempImageNkMXgz.jpg

We (aka I got it for my Mom because I don't love Dole Whips) shared the raspberry/pineapple Dole Whip
tempImagebg312N.jpg

Then we stopped for some PP pictures
0CED9D39-62C6-46DE-8B62-B69C05E284BA.jpeg

AE998584-9333-4EAA-8B19-5E54726BB9B1.jpeg

1C6C645C-3441-4FC5-B579-B2A7562BB663.jpeg

The Peoplemover was up next
tempImageDKxg0S.jpg

tempImagersHafd.jpg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Peoplemover views...
95954ADA-ED02-4822-AA3D-DF7A259AA60F.jpeg

tempImagexs1qIi.jpg

3C6E1944-7938-4A13-87D9-25168AB7D274.jpeg

tempImageMbD5l5.jpg

Then we decided to head out. But first I wanted a popcorn snack. I actually got the very last bit of popcorn because the cart was broken!
EAE6CE2A-E8C5-42A7-B5C3-D9C34001EA70.jpeg

7B6780FD-FF49-478C-9ACD-2DBA991A338D.jpeg

tempImage8FSiNX.jpg

Back at the Yacht Club we headed to the pool. We got these seats on the upper balcony area with an umbrella and it was perfect! I had the best time sitting up there reading my book.
EDBF60AF-53DC-4110-B4B1-A3580CFDB102.jpeg

F5E56C23-0462-46FF-99AC-CB8ADB928900.jpeg

1551BA06-D032-47CA-A620-85E57635D7DE.jpeg

Next up: more birthday day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom