Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

DisneyJoe

Does anyone know how removing FP, MDE, and other perks have effected Disney TAs income? The few people I know used TAs to avoid dealing with FP bookings, MDE. Since this does away with a TA, there may be more people willing to plan themselves. And in turn less commission checks from Disney.
Many people are overwhelmed by the process of researching and booking and keeping up with all of the Disney info that is constantly changing. These are the people that use, and will continue to use, a TA.

Those who have the ability, time, and interest to do it themselves, will do so.

Moving those items (FP, MDE) to the guest responsibility will have very little effect on TA income.

doctornick

Regarding the "no re-rides" aspect (which sucks IMHO), to me I feel like it enhances the value of park hoppers if you are getting Genie+. You could do re-rides on different days by doing 2+ parks in a day and then returning to a park/ride on another day and use G+. Of course, that depends on availability for later in the day after hopping, but the no re-rides feature would help with that.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Cool cool.

A friend of mine's son has a brain tumor which will be operated on at the beginning of November, and the family headed to DL next week so they can make it to SWGE before the surgery. They were really hoping Genie+ would be running by then, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

They'll still have a blast!

Thanks @wdwmagic !
My best wishes to them. It won't be running at DL next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom