News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

aladdin2007

while they did alter the Norway façade for for frozen, they still kept it based on actual Norwegian architecture. for better or for worse. It didn't need to be touched in my opinion but at least it wasn't desecrated into some fairy tale looking arendelle palace. The worse part of it all was closing off the original spectacular waterfall outlook.... And the new addition expansion was beautiful on the outside at least and also based on actual Norwegian locations... As for Morocco Im really hoping another company steps up eventually to take on the restaurant and shopping etc. Disney isn't going to do anything with it, not anything we here would approve of anyway. I guess they get some props however for fixing up the courtyard etc.

I would love to see both Marrakesh and Akershus return as actual restaurants pertaining to their culture and not character chow halls. I always thought however Marrakesh would make a great Heroes character meal, (aladdin, hercules, others etc) if Akershus could use princesses that dont belong, marrakesh could have been cool with the guys.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Eh, just go ahead and shove an Aladdin attraction in there... Epcot is already on "that side" of "going that direction" now...

I vote for a new theatre, if there is any space, to showcase "Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular." Epcot could use a live musical show, and that can draw more people to the back of the park. Give all of the WS pavilions an attraction now. It's whatever at this point. Whatever spreads out the crowd is okay with me.

Sir_Cliff

One of the confounding things about Disney fandom is the constant complaining about IPs being shoved everywhere alongside the constant suggestions about where to shove IPs in the park.

An Aladdin attraction really would not fit in Morocco any more than a Mulan attraction would in Japan.

Last edited:

JohnD

I understand the promenade shop had to close for refurbishment but they couldn’t open up the interior location? I walked through the other day and the pavilion is a shadow of its former self. Look, I get Disney took over operations from the actual nation. But no gift shops open at all. The interior market area is now an open air bar area instead. Restaurant Marrakesh is closed and is a break area instead. Two rear shops closed. They could have opened these while the promenade shop was closed for refurbishment.

castlecake2.0

I understand the promenade shop had to close for refurbishment but they couldn’t open up the interior location? I walked through the other day and the pavilion is a shadow of its former self. Look, I get Disney took over operations from the actual nation. But no gift shops open at all. The interior market area is now an open air bar area instead. Restaurant Marrakesh is closed and is a break area instead. Two rear shops closed. They could have opened these while the promenade shop was closed for refurbishment.
Totally agree. @wdwmagic and idea on length of closure? Another issue could be product allotment. It was probably somewhat of a surprise to Disney that they would all of a sudden be responsible for supplying all these shops, and could be a delay in getting items.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
One of the confounding things about Disney fandom is the constant complaining about IPs being shoved everywhere alongside the constant suggestions about where to shove IPs in the park.

An Aladdin attraction really would not fit in Morocco any more than a Mulan attraction would in Japan.
Epcot has been in a state of limbo from transitioning to old school Epcot to IPcot. For me personally, I think the transition is too far gone into IPcot at this point that they might as well.

It’d make just as much sense as Frozen in Norway so might as well.

castlecake2.0

I really hope this isn’t directed at me. You’ve become pretty passionate about things that bother you (witness the Harmonious thread), so there’s no need for snideness when others do the same in relation to topics you feel less strongly about.
I didn’t mean it in a negative way to you, it was meant as “dont bring it up again” to further upset you. The parks need passionate people to keep things in check, I apologize that it came off as snide.

LittleBuford

I didn’t mean it in a negative way to you, it was meant as “dont bring it up again” to further upset you. The parks need passionate people to keep things in check, I apologize that it came off as snide.
Thank you. I was never upset, but irritated, and with good reason. I’ve accepted that the version that’s currently there, which is at least written in the right direction, is as good as it’s going to get; I’m not going to get riled up again at the mere mention of it. And unlike @MisterPenguin, I had no issue with the spice cart itself, since that’s really how piles of spice look in Moroccan markets.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Thank you. I was never upset, but irritated, and with good reason. I’ve accepted that the version that’s currently there, which is at least written in the right direction, is as good as it’s going to get; I’m not going to get riled up again at the mere mension of it. And unlike @MisterPenguin, I had no issue with the spice cart itself, since that’s really how piles of spice look in Moroccan markets.
I understand, I get annoyed every Canada Day when they put out a pamphlet at Kidcot saying “Queen Victoria granted Canada’s independence” which is not true at all.it’s a simple thing that should have been fact checked, but somehow isnt. It amazes me that they can perfectly match a light fixture from Ottawa on the side of le cellier and then make a mistake like this lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom