New enhancements coming to WDW's Haunted Mansion for the 50th anniversary?

Dragonman

I highly suggest checking out Hoot’s Twitter right now. He’s posting tons of rare HM pics back from when he was a cast member.

https://twitter.com/Hoot_Gibson_83

tirian

I have been following the forums for years and always hesitate to post anything as I see how everyone jumps on someone else's comments. With all due respect, I don't need to do any additional research. I know exactly how the Pepper's Ghost effect works. Some of the other effects I suggested do already exist in other parks. What about Mystic Manor? It seems that you prefer the original concept which is fine, however, I don't think my comments deserved to be shot down so easily.

I'm not interested in entertaining a debate. Thanks for the welcome!

;)

Sometimes I walk away, then I wonder if people think I’m too chicken/defeated to reply, then I convince myself I don’t care because other things are more important. :D

I wish Disney would restore the old loading procedure! Open the doors, fill the foyer, listen to the “When hinges creak...” spiel, and move into the stretching room. Then the door closes before anything stretches.

This established crowd control for a quick load time, and the attraction devoured crowds.

Instead, a CM swings open the doors, shouts at everyone to keep moving, the opening monologue is almost over before you get inside, and the stretching room starts well before the wall closes. Then everyone piles into a long queue at the loading station.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

;)

Sometimes I walk away, then I wonder if people think I’m too chicken/defeated to reply, then I convince myself I don’t care because other things are more important. :D

I wish Disney would restore the old loading procedure! Open the doors, fill the foyer, listen to the “When hinges creak...” spiel, and move into the stretching room. Then the door closes before anything stretches.

This established crowd control for a quick load time, and the attraction devoured crowds.

Instead, a CM swings open the doors, shouts at everyone to keep moving, the opening monologue is almost over before you get inside, and the stretching room starts well before the wall closes. Then everyone piles into a long queue at the loading station.

agree it has become really bad, and almost dangerous in that horrible load queue where everyone has to merge/fight into one single file line. I won't even start on the awful shouting procedures, it never use to be that way. Its not about show quality anymore, its about cattle drives. I almost hate going in there anymore, yet still one of the best attractions once your riding.

Magenta Panther

agree it has become really bad, and almost dangerous in that horrible load queue where everyone has to merge/fight into one single file line. I won't even start on the awful shouting procedures, it never use to be that way. Its not about show quality anymore, its about cattle drives. I almost hate going in there anymore, yet still one of the best attractions once your riding.

The Mansion is being horribly abused, first by the appalling loading procedure you mentioned, and then by that awful new queue with effects (like the Ghost Writer) that most people in line ignore (at least in my experience). Sad...

Dragonman

Any word if the Hatbox Ghost will make an appearance for the 50th? Or if we want to keep it original...bring back the man in the spider web. That would be cool and a WDW exclusive.

I would rather the spider web man due to its infamous obscurity like the Hatbox Ghost once was. No photos of the actual figure whether in the ride or backstage have ever surfaced, only concept art and ride schematics (he was removed during employee previews before opening day it seems). Even though the prop doesn’t exist in storage anymore (removed at some point around 1976-1980) they could recreate it (it was probably the same figure as the Ghost Host’s corpse just dressed/painted different)

Last edited:

Dragonman

Some pics of it would help as recent videos are extremely dark during the endless hallway. There hasn’t been a low light video in a while. Here’s the normal one:

Last edited:

Dragonman

Thought this was interesting. Letter confirming there was indeed a Hatbox Ghost built for WDW:

Also the original show scene schematic showing the figure blanked out:

The backstage footage from the Osmonds special was supposedly the WDW ride being prepared, as such the glimpse of the Hatbox Ghost is supposedly the unfinished Florida figure being used as a paint stand.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom