Hatbox Ghost for 50th Anniversary?

TYOTimer

Original Poster
Anyone know when Hatbox will be officially joining the ghosts? I know he’s already installed between the ballroom and the attic scenes, but was more wandering when he was going to be officially revealed?

doctornick

Anyone know when Hatbox will be officially joining the ghosts? I know he’s already installed between the ballroom and the attic scenes, but was more wandering when he was going to be officially revealed?
Huh? Has he actually been installed? I’ve never seen that reported here.

There was the rumor that they built 2 of him when they installed the one at DL and he was coming to MK.

TYOTimer

Original Poster
Huh? Has he actually been installed? I’ve never seen that reported here.

There was the rumor that they built 2 of him when they installed the one at DL and he was coming to MK.
As far as I know, he was installed pre-pandemic and has been there since. If you actually shine a light on that section, you can see a thin black scrim with plywood backing, that in one section, can be seen through to see his silhouette

Touchdown

No he’s not, plus they haven’t altered the doombuggy’s rotation like at DL. His installation there involved restaging the outdoor balcony to have the roof be further back and altering the way the doom buggies turned so as to focus on him. It was fairly obvious he was coming when the changes occured in California. Not saying it won’t happen, just saying no prep work has been started yet.

Haymarket2008

If you had asked me about this a year and a half ago, I would say that this would be a no-brainer. An almost sure fire thing to happen. Now, I’d venture to guess it either A) won’t happen or B) be installed sometime on 2022.

It IS confirmed that the Imagineers do/did intend to install the figure. There was a panel discussion with the leaders of the DL project back in 2015 and they said they hoped to bring him to WDW.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1623729204288.png

wdwgreek

I rode haunted mansion 2 times this morning and am in queue for number three now. The roof life going into the graveyard is unaltered. There is no sign of changes.

Greenlawler

I am a massive Hatbox Ghost fan. I have heard NOTHING about him being installed in WDW.

I rode HM yesterday saw nothing different.

This is a lie

Phineas85

I know what you mean about having exclusive things between parks. I was a bit disappointed in the 2007 refurb that some of the takes of the lines on the ride unique to WDW were replaced with the DL versions, and putting Master Gracey in DL took away his exclusiveness to WDW also (especially as only two of the six stages are used). I had similar feelings about the lightning flash portraits going to WDW in place of the unique Sinister 11 also. DL should also have kept April/December where she was, as she was unique. These are changes I can live with however.

Having the Hatbox Ghost would be nice if they do, as he has been an iconic character since the 60s despite being seldom seen.

I'm waiting also (if it's a hit) for people to start shouting for a Muppet makeover!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom