News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

CJR

I disagree. The campaign, such as it was, was never loud or widespread enough to force Disney’s hand.

It's fine to be in disagreement. I would love to think that it wasn't but it appears to me that it did, at least, in terms of PatF being involved. It's a bit of a coincidence otherwise, I think.

Just as a disclaimer - I deleted the post you replied to. I don't want to discuss it further, tbh. This project is out of my control, so no point in going back and forth on it, IMHO. Not at this time at least.

brettf22

Premium Member
All of Liberty Square to BTM is a mess of geography and chronology.

There's a Mississippi river boat with narration by Mark Twain that has a Liberty Square (colonial) port right next to a gothic New York mansion that passes by and comments on Splash Mountain and BTM.

Change the name of that whole area to Americana Land and stop worrying about the existing or future clashes of time and place.

Which is one reason why New Orleans Square in DL just “feels” right, and better, than LS to BTM. Changing Splash to something based in New Orleans really won’t hurt the cohesiveness of the area.

But it won’t help, either.

RSoxNo1

All of Liberty Square to BTM is a mess of geography and chronology.

There's a Mississippi river boat with narration by Mark Twain that has a Liberty Square (colonial) port right next to a gothic New York mansion that passes by and comments on Splash Mountain and BTM.

Change the name of that whole area to Americana Land and stop worrying about the existing or future clashes of time and place.
Riverfront square

CJR

If it were me designing, I would call the area "The Bayou" and have PatF Splash Mountain, Tiana's Place, and add a third attraction themed to The Rescuers (for IP purposes), thinking Casey Junior type train ride.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
243132388_1822372417967534_3815194459602828643_n.jpeg

Check out who's on new Magic Bands

drizgirl

LittleBuford

My apologies if this was already discussed. I had the thought this evening that it's terrible optics on Disney's part if we still have to cross [under] the railroad tracks to reach Tiana's attraction.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but I don't think the comparison holds given that the Magic Kingdom railroad doesn't present a physical barrier. As you yourself note, you simply pass under it.

Dear Prudence

I just know Disney wants to keep making Splash Mountain merch and wants us to forget about their retheme announcement cause of Twitter last year. They should pull a-

will smith mib GIF
Disney seems to think everyone has amnesia. They just had the "remaking tomorrow" video, and then half of those characters are still plastered on merch a day later. I get that most nostalgia babies are completely devoid of critical thinking (Heaven forbid anyone points out the serious issues with Soul or PATF), but a Pocahontas segment during the WDW 50th anniversary fireworks on Truth and Reconciliation Day? 🤢😬 this is why this Splash stuff is so annoying to me. It's a performance and we're expected to applaud shallow, performative efforts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom