The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

RWilliams

Premium Member
Cause what? What is the specific complaint? The group of crazies at the store..?
The lack of substance in the celebration. The lack of entertainment back in the parks. The crazies in the store are mostly their own responsibility. Disney and their "limited releases" of merchandise creating inflated demand do have a hand in the merchandise insanity though. The 50th is all a money grab about merchandise and I believe that would have been the case covid or not but its the excuse the company continues to use.
Covid is an excuse for the company to cut spending on entertainment.

Touchdown

What I don’t understand is why they are so protective of the QR code for big top. I was finally able to get the link to the site on a sandwich board before it was spirited away. There are people literally hanging out by those sandwitch boards waiting for more spaces to drop. Give the darn code out freely and let us refresh while enjoying the day!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The lack of substance in the celebration. The lack of entertainment back in the parks. The crazies in the store are mostly their own responsibility. Disney and their "limited releases" of merchandise creating inflated demand do have a hand in the merchandise insanity though. The 50th is all a money grab about merchandise and I believe that would have been the case covid or not but its the excuse the company continues to use.
Well the lack of a full entertainment lineup is definitely COVID related, and I would connect that with substance. But each day they are reopening more and more. 18 months is a long celebration. Hopefully as they get more people back to work there they can continue getting entertainment options to a better level.

MagicHappens1971

What I don’t understand is why they are so protective of the QR code for big top. I was finally able to get the link to the site on a sandwich board before it was spirited away. There are people literally hanging out by those sandwitch boards waiting for more spaces to drop. Give the darn code out freely and let us refresh while enjoying the day!
If you find it again and don’t mind messaging to me I’d really appreciate it

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm going to get hate for this but I wish people would stop putting him on a pedestal. He's no different than the rest of them.
He is a lot different than Chapek.
1633097153443.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Fist fights, screaming, broken fixtures, emporium is currently in chaos and it’s dangerous, total disaster
Chapek is basically a Walmart manager…and there you go
And where is Disney Security or Orange County Sheriff’s Department?!
…they should just let it play out
Pretty sad that the 40th was better than the 50th today. Obviously Covid did have a lot to do with all this though. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, hopefully the second half of the 50th around Spring feels more like a true 50th Anniversary celebration. It is possible since the pandemic should continue to lighten up even more by then, or “gone” by then. Tron could open, the RR, maybe FOF returns and with some 50th nods to it.
As for DE and Harmonious, well, best we can hope for is some tweaks along the way. I don’t see anything major happening to them until after the 50th.
Indeed. But this was always gonna be overestimated/overblown. Imagine how bad it would be if the plague had NOT Wrecked normal travel?
Guardians of the galaxy Cosmic Rewind should be open by then too
After only 5 years? Moving mountains
I'm so glad I held off and am waiting just over a week to be there.
It will be lighter than it ever is in October…is my guess. Not much of a guess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm going to get hate for this but I wish people would stop putting him on a pedestal. He's no different than the rest of them.
BINGO!

I got the deal when talking to CMs last month…he’s being held as “saviour”…

he may be a great guy…but he cannot make everything better for every nametag and customer. That’s not how the corporate structure is run.

just be careful - is what I’m saying

Figments Friend

Currently enjoying the special 50th anniversary fruity drink at the Poly.
It's bliss here right now...

Mickey head made out of the fruit flavoring sits on the 50th branded tumbler, which you then drop into the drink and stir around.
It turns into a swirling mass of irredentist sweetness,...

Actually not bad tasting.
Kids shoukd love it....and uber geeks like me who enjoy sweet non-alcoholic options.
The simple yet fun clear tumbler it comes with is a fun touch.

Watching all the people depart the monorial loaded down with their multiple shopping bags full of merchandise.
I've overheard some complaining about s 'virtual queue ' that was set up for certain purchases....particularly pins.

Will be back to the MK soon, after breakfast.
Jolly times here at the Poly.
Cast is in a festive mood.

-

RWilliams

Premium Member
He is a lot different than Chapek.
View attachment 590397
Give it another 10 years. He's just a better looking and better dressed version in training. It's just my impression and I really hope I'm wrong. But he comes off to me as very insincere. Kind of like a Disney manager that will dazzle you with their friendly bright white smile and then stab you in the back the first chance they get. He seems like a suit that pretends to care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom