Steakhouse 71 coming to Disney's Contemporary Resort along with new dining at California Grill

Indy_UK

The menu looks good. We’ll certainly make a point to book and visit.

Do we know what’s happening at the California Grill exactly?

JohnD

For the record, I really want to cancel my 10/1 6:55 pm ADR (I have another one for the evening of 10/5) but I can't cancel using MDE. I'm told I have to call. I would like for someone else to have it but I'm not waiting 90 minutes on the phone to cancel. I'll try later.

Smiley/OCD

DW & I made our reservations during our trip in November....it was between S71 & Space 220...we both agreed that for right now, this was the better option, menu wise.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
For the record, I really want to cancel my 10/1 6:55 pm ADR (I have another one for the evening of 10/5) but I can't cancel using MDE. I'm told I have to call. I would like for someone else to have it but I'm not waiting 90 minutes on the phone to cancel. I'll try later.
Any clue why you cancel using MDE? It was up till 24 hours ahead of your ADR. I would cancel too.

Weather_Lady

Man that is one ugly restaurant. I was hoping for an upgrade from The Wave which looked like a nursing home dining room but this looks worse.
It's so bland and joyless, it reminds me of every one of the dozens of cheap, dated hotel banquet halls I've been required to spend hours in for Continuing Legal Education classes over the years. The tables (is that formica?!!?) and pleather chairs in the dining area look like they were picked up at a garage sale. Even the loveliest of murals cannot distract from the sad brown fire door and folded partition walls, straight out of my church basement ca. 1982.

I guess I was expecting something more upscale and elegant, like [the now-closed] Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. I was wrong.

That being said, I think the entry area, sofa seating and bar look far more inviting and attractive than the dining area itself.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This is the side room used for overflow seating during busy times, not sure why all ears didn’t show the main dining room
Same room I ate in for the Wave in 2019 and the entire place was early empty. I find All Ears spot on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom