News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Watched one stream that focused on the castle so haven't seen the Main Street projection, but from what I have seen so far I am really disappointed. For a Magic Kingdom show I would have preferred they used more of the original versions of songs and giving that it's the 50th anniversary, they should have leaned heavier into the classic music. My other complaint is that they seemed to use the castle as simply a projection screen instead of integrating the animation more into architecture of the castle, I think HEA did this better.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't understand the hate for this show. I watched it again on a better stream, it's a really good show. The music is great, the pyro is continuous, the projections, while not as artistic as HEA necessarily, actually play with the fireworks really well. I think the way they did the projections this time was a different artistic choice more focused on the fireworks than necessarily playing with the architecture.

I guess it's hard to please this fan community. I get a lot of the criticism of Harmonious, but not this. And I remember that there was also much criticism here of HEA and lamenting Wishes being gone.

Do I think this show is as good as HEA? No. That's a gem and any show would have a hard time reaching that bar. But it's not far behind HEA as far as Castle Park shows go. Probably #2 in my book (although I reserve the right to change my mind once seeing it in person).

And that's without seeing the Main Street projections at all.

RWilliams

Premium Member
I don't understand the hate for this show. I watched it again on a better stream, it's a really good show. The music is great, the pyro is continuous, the projections, while not as artistic as HEA necessarily, actually play with the fireworks really well. I think the way they did the projections this time was a different artistic choice more focused on the fireworks than necessarily playing with the architecture.

I guess it's hard to please this fan community. I get a lot of the criticism of Harmonious, but not this. And I remember that there was also much criticism here of HEA and lamenting Wishes being gone.

Do I think this show is as good as HEA? No. That's a gem and any show would have a hard time reaching that bar. But it's not far behind HEA as far as Castle Park shows go. Probably #2 in my book (although I reserve the right to change my mind once seeing it in person).

And that's without seeing the Main Street projections at all.
Thanks for sharing your take on it. I haven't watched it, I'll wait to see it in person. I think I'm one of the few people that wasn't a fan of HEA (liked the music though). I felt like the projections distracted from the fireworks. Maybe I'll be one of the few that likes Enchantment. we'll see, nothing could be better than Wishes though.

themarchhare

This was a very pleasant surprise (the exact opposite of Harmonious)!

Not as good as HEA, but definitely passable. No tear-worthy parts, but the musical choices are a LOT better than Harmonious.

Best part is definitely Night on Bald Mountain into I Am Moana - reminds me of the WDW of ten years ago.

Also, Angela Bassett KILLED that voiceover.

DorysDitty

Posting my thoughts before I catch up and read everyone else’s. I think Disney’s fired all their Imagineers! We’ve traded beautiful stained glass characters for shadows. We’ve lost imaginative mapping technicality for a giant, almost 200ft TV screen. It was just a clip show with no imaginative design at all. HEA had Tiana and Olaf on the balcony, the genie rocket, the singing door, gears and blocks, use of the tower for lanterns, balloons, and Ariel. This had…moving pictures on a castle.

Yes, I’m an HEA fan and yes, I’ve only seen this on YouTube, but it wasn’t Disney. Poor Tink got shoved out to no fan fare or build up.

The magic may be in you, but it’s not in Disney nighttime entertainment anymore. :-(

GalacticZero

Really trying to save my judgement until I can see it live, but from watching it last night I am disappointed.

This is a 50 year celebration, and it had nothing to do with the history of the parks. Very little, if any, involvement of the Fab 5 characters. But probably most important IMO, is that for such a huge celebration I expect to be BLOWN AWAY when you introduce something new for it. When I am moved by something special, I will always get goosebumps. That didn't happen a single time last night. I even got more goosebumps from HarmoniUS and I was not a fan of that either.

I don't know if it's simply Disney cheaping out on the parks or if this is due to Covid and the extended shutdown, probably a mix of all of it, but this is so far below what anybody hoped for/expected. Again, I really hope it is different in person, but like I said, I still get goosebumps watching crummy live streams of HEA on youtube. I got NOTHING from this show last night.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Most of negative feedback of Disney Enchantment stream at Disney Parks youtube channel were focused of this one: The firework show did not focused about Walt, Roy, Mickey, or attractions and shows at WDW (particularly MK) past and present. I also heard mostly same criticism at many youtube channel, twitter, facebook, and instagram account that stream DE.
The 1st song of this new show was from Tiana and the Frog if I'm not mistaken.

A show intended to celebrate 50 years of the theme parks and it starts with a song from Tiana and The Frog?? I really expected a show that would be more like a timeline starting in the past and building up to the present.

mightynine

Most of negative feedback of Disney Enchantment stream at Disney Parks youtube channel were focused of this one: The firework show did not focused about Walt, Roy, Mickey, or attractions and shows at WDW (particularly MK) past and present. I also heard mostly same criticism at many youtube channel, twitter, facebook, and instagram account that stream DE.
Guess these people never saw Disneyland Forever. I remember similar complaints about a lack of history.

Well, that did at least include a line about orange groves.

And had a great song.

Last edited:

DorysDitty

A celebration of the park would’ve been nice, but I was just hoping for a worthy replacement. I’ve watched HEA many times with my kids (now 8 and 5) over the last few years. My oldest and I would sing along to the whole thing, instrumental sections and all, because the songs were recognizable - like You Got a Friend in Me and Trashin’ the Camp. It was fun! We sang, we danced, and Hercules and Tink made us cry. This was like watching someone’s YouTube mashup of clips.

it was also fun knowing what part of the show was happening based on the matching fireworks - toy story blocks, Moana spirals and Maui hooks - even if you watched it from far away. This was just plain ole plain fireworks with a few Moana spirals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom