News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Of all the bloggers, I assumed Pete would be the most likely to be sharpening his pitchfork.

SmartSelect_20210930-070823_Facebook.jpg

PorterRedkey

That’s what was promised.

To summarize the criticisms: “I never liked the concept of this show and still hate the concept.”
I do hate the concept, but the execution is poor. That is the real problem. Though transitions are so awkward. And that ending... no climax and a terrible voice over.

Watch the ending again and tell me that is a proper way to end the show. Video starts after the final fireworks barrage.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Not if they were on submersible barges.
I wondered that as well. Could they not make a large flat barge that goes on top of the water that contains water for the WOC fountains?

I’m still shocked that Disney hasn’t used drones yet in a night show somewhere like AK where they can’t use fireworks. Dollywood (yes that place) even had a night nighttime show using drones this past summer

montyz81

I was just watching @marni1971 ‘s illumination tribute focused on 1980s and 90s. They had screens on those shows that they were worried about being visible during the day. What happened to that attention to detail? This new show just screams “I don’t care about detail” It just feels very “print money” focused.
I also watch the last edit of RoE. Even through my small iPad I could feel the emotion in that show. Last night I felt nothing for Harmonious. Maybe in person it will be different, but I doubt it will conjure up the feels I had when watching RoE in person!

ToTBellHop

I’m shocked at everyone who doesn’t recognize “Someday”. The epic All 4 One version played on the radio in the ‘90s!

It starts in the clouds! Are they angels?!

I’m happy to see Hunchback love. That’s a hard sell for Chapek.

aladdin2007

I've just watched the Disneyparks preview over on PooTube and I feel like this isn't the case here. I think it's more of an issue with subtlety. I think they've tried to throw so much into the mix it's just become a barrage of noise and visuals that doesn't really give you time to properly take it in.

I think this is a case of them trying to impress, and I think they've gone way beyond that to the point where it's just too much. The show isn't awful. A lot of people will love it. But it's no Reflections of Earth either.

The idea of them mixing different vocals and languages really sounded quite interesting, but I feel like the music reminds me of someone who's brought a Disney's greatest hits album and just pressed skip through each track. Why they can't just pen a really great piece of music and not have to have it relate to every single Disney film that's been released, I'll never know. Well, I do know. This is where the teams really should have fought, more originality in regard to the music, and the less is more approach to the ridiculously massive barges and lighting package.

well said, I am in shock of what a complete mess this is. And I went into it with an open mind even knowing it would be different, but this needs major retooling. No story no heart no coherence. Where was the original score I thought that was written for it? This was nothing but song after song screaming at you the whole time, I didnt care for the majority of the shrilling singing either. This was way over produced without any sense of direction. They didn't pull the pavilions into it or anything. I think we can say goodbye to ever getting that moving disney feeling anymore...except for the short beacons of magic on SE, that had a nice moment, put this show to shame and thats not even a show really. I dont know what they are doing anymore but what they use to have and be known for is officially gone with this mess.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

For what those barges were used for it was a disappointment. The fountains didn’t have anything on the old ones for such a big span and all that space. They could have saved a fortune and made smaller fountain barges with water screens and still had the arms. The ending song was great, I’d love to see them reuse it on a totally different show. I will say I did love the finally score despite it being Disney IP.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I’m shocked at everyone who doesn’t recognize “Someday”. The epic All 4 One version played on the radio in the ‘90s!

It starts in the clouds! Are they angels?!

I’m happy to see Hunchback love. That’s a hard sell for Chapek.

Communism. 😉

But seriously John Lennon is looking down from heaven saying "I don't know, mate, seems a little heavy-handed don't you think?"

Editor516

I wondered that as well. Could they not make a large flat barge that goes on top of the water that contains water for the WOC fountains?

I’m still shocked that Disney hasn’t used drones yet in a night show somewhere like AK where they can’t use fireworks. Dollywood (yes that place) even had a night nighttime show using drones this past summer
They actually had a short drone show in late 2016 at Disney Springs. It was only a handful of minutes long but it was pretty impressive. It was holiday themed. The drones staged, I believe, in a parking lot near DS. It ran for a few weeks and that was it. With all the work permits in Epcot’s backstage, I figured we might see drone in Harmonious. Guess all that speculation was wrong.

dreday3

oh my.

I didn't watch, only reading here this morning. Either it's the most horrendous thing every done to man, or social media just really is soul-crushing. 😂

I'm sure my reaction will be, it's fine. Luckily nighttime fireworks shows aren't really my thing.
But I also know we will watch it one of the night there and I'm sure we will enjoy it.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My thought was that they'd spend a ton up front on these barges versus the long term expense of fireworks. Definitely had less Pyro than ROE. At least that's how it appears.
They stretched the pyro, they should shorten the sequences representing each country and remove all pyro and have just fountain and lights. Like the old days put the majority of pyro at the end and throw in some more music for that part. Honestly that’s what made the show so so great in the past. They have everything at once and I feel this show will be reworked.

PorterRedkey

They actually had a short drone show in late 2016 at Disney Springs. It was only a handful of minutes long but it was pretty impressive. It was holiday themed. The drones staged, I believe, in a parking lot near DS. It ran for a few weeks and that was it. With all the work permits in Epcot’s backstage, I figured we might see drone in Harmonious. Guess all that speculation was wrong.
Dollywood had drone show for the summer season. I guess Disney can't figure that out. Amazing that a regional park can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom