Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

UNCgolf

Is AK now the only park that doesn't/won't have an very obvious empty show building? MK has Stitch, and EPCOT had WOL/Odyssey

The Nemo theater will be sitting closed at AK for quite a while longer, but you may have been discounting it since it's not just sitting out in the open.

Purduevian

The Nemo theater will be sitting closed at AK for quite a while longer, but you may have been discounting it since it's not just sitting out in the open.
I wasn't counting it because covid closed it, and it already was announced that it would be coming back in some form.

UNCgolf

I wasn't counting it because covid closed it, and it already was announced that it would be coming back in some form.

Yeah, but didn't they say it wouldn't be back until late 2022 or later? I don't remember the exact date but I know they said they're "reimagining" it.

It's possible Little Mermaid comes back too but they haven't announced that like they did for Nemo, so I get the distinction.

I guess the main thing at AK is all the seating they built for Rivers of Light that's now for nothing.

roj2323

I'm 50-50 on it, probably leaning towards no. But I also thought the same about Beauty and the Beast.
Theater of the Stars is unlikely to get replaced by any projects in the near future. The little Mermaid however was in a building that's been rumored to be on the chopping block for years along with the rest of Animation Courtyard so them taking the opportunity to save money and close the show that was planned to close in the next few years anyway is unsurprising.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, but didn't they say it wouldn't be back until late 2022 or later? I don't remember the exact date but I know they said they're "reimagining" it.

It's possible Little Mermaid comes back too but they haven't announced that like they did for Nemo, so I get the distinction.

I guess the main thing at AK is all the seating they built for Rivers of Light that's now for nothing.
Last I’d heard, they want Spring 2022.

Casper Gutman

I think animation courtyard is my least favorite area of any U.S. Disney park.
Imagine if Disney had done the totally logical thing and put the excellent MMRR in the Courtyard and updated GMR. You’d have solved numerous problems at once. Now it’s probably necessary to retheme the whole area around a new attraction, which Disney should get around to in 20 years or so.

ToTBellHop

Imagine if Disney had done the totally logical thing and put the excellent MMRR in the Courtyard and updated GMR. You’d have solved numerous problems at once. Now it’s probably necessary to retheme the whole area around a new attraction, which Disney should get around to in 20 years or so.
They have top men working on it.

Okay, it’s just The Zach. He’s the Jared Kushner of WDI. He will solve all the problems!

aliceismad

Sigh.

PiratesMansion

I wonder if someday they'll figure out that they have other resorts around the world that have produced many, many shows better than VOTLM that they could fill the theater with, all for relatively little effort on their part.

But no, it'll probably just sit there with nothing for as long as possible, or they'll eventually cave to "demand" and bring this show back to run without updates for all eternity.

ToTBellHop

I wonder if someday they'll figure out that they have other resorts around the world that have produced many, many shows better than VOTLM that they could fill the theater with, all for relatively little effort on their part.

But no, it'll probably just sit there with nothing for as long as possible, or they'll eventually cave to "demand" and bring this show back to run without updates for all eternity.
Theaters where you watch a screen are all the rage.

Brer Panther

I wouldn't expect anything replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid anytime soon. We're in the middle of a pandemic and we've got other things under construction and in development.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom