News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

doctornick

While not finalized, Prime's replacement is DAK's next major-ish project. They had some huge dreams for the plot, but they appear to be shrinking. Original plans were for an E, now I'm not so sure. Construction for the replacement itself though likely won't begin for over a year. I could see this being a good d23 '22 announcement though.

Hmmm. Happy there are plans. Unhappy about the scope being diminished.

Could you at least say if the intention is to keep a Dinosaur theme in the area? And would any replacement before more in the higher thrill versus more calm spectrum?

Magic Feather

Could you at least say if the intention is to keep a Dinosaur theme in the area? And would any replacement before more in the higher thrill versus more calm spectrum?
I'm under the impression that the plan is to keep Dinosaur mostly untouched (except for a couple of exterior changes that are unrelated and should be taking place soon). Presumably Restaurantosaurus and Boneyard would likewise be untouched. I've heard mixed things about Triceratop Spin.

wedenterprises

I'm under the impression that the plan is to keep Dinosaur mostly untouched (except for a couple of exterior changes that are unrelated and should be taking place soon). Presumably Restaurantosaurus and Boneyard would likewise be untouched. I've heard mixed things about Triceratop Spin.
Will the replacement be in keeping with Dinoland theme, or something separate?

Chip Chipperson

I liked the concept of a coaster that spins, but the seats were awful. Each time I rode it I ended up smashing my shoulder into the little divider between the seats at some point during the ride. Aside from that, it was pretty fun but nothing amazing. Hopefully whatever fills that space is better.

jeanericuser001

Well there goes the primevil swirly. Extinction finally caught up to it and now instead of a meteor strikes its a wrecking ball that will take this down. May it rest in pieces as its remains are searched over then collected just like the dinosaurs that helped theme this attraction.

doctornick

Okay, that's helpful. I guess what I'm really wondering though is will the Dinorama section of Dinoland USA (i.e. the carnival area) remain as part of Dinoland USA with a dinosaur theme. Or would they replace it with something different and "detach" it from Dinoland and be a new land/section of the park.

I'm quite glad to hear that there not plans to change Dinosaur (the ride) or the Boneyard, etc.

UNCgolf

I think it depends on the plans. If their idea for an E ticket was just going to be a giant roller coaster, a downgrade could be a good thing if they weren't going to build something like Everest. The park certainly doesn't need a mostly unthemed coaster.

Not that they couldn't do the exact same thing just on a smaller scale, of course.

Last edited:

mdcpr

It's a good thing we still have the Coney Island version.
1632337292072.png

MrPromey

Sometimes y'all really make me laugh with these rumors. Indeed with Joes retirement its going to be some massive shoes to fill at Imagineering, after all DAK is Joe's Pet Project along with Aulani. However with all other Disney Legends the company will continue to move on, evolve, and get brighter with each new imagineer. Imagineering has definitely evolved over the years and if there's something great about the Worlds Largest Theme Park is that there is still plenty of room to grow, design, and elevate without tearing down and rebuilding. Sure Dinoland may get a overhaul someday but it won't be changed to something that's too unrecognizable. Moana is already coming to EPCOT much to some within ranks feeling it's out of place, but that's the beauty of imagineering. When things go right no one complains. Pandora took nearly 6 years from conception to open and yet even though it's an alien world, it fits perfectly with DAK's philosophy of conservation. At imagineering anything is possible so long as there are bright minds still creating and a corporate overlord willing to fund projects. But I can agree who ever comes next will always be compared to his or her predecessor it's always been that way from Eisner to Iger to Chapek, it all comes down to who is more willing to challenge and create what no one else has before them. Thats where the future 50 years of the WDW Resort are heading and what ever does come out from the construction of these empty buildings and attractions will for sure wildly bewilder our guest for years to come.
So, this area will reopen as another gift shop. :facepalm:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;)

the.dreamfinder

While not finalized, Prime's replacement is DAK's next major-ish project. They had some huge dreams for the plot, but they appear to be shrinking. Original plans were for an E, now I'm not so sure. Construction for the replacement itself though likely won't begin for over a year. I could see this being a good d23 '22 announcement though.
I could go for a D ticket busbar dark ride á la Mr Toad.

Daily Magic

Would be fun if they covered this up and made it look like a meteor crashed down and destroyed the area. Maybe I’m just thinking too much into this to have a consistent theming as they destroy this section of the park.

doctornick

So long, adieu, you know the rest...
Here's hoping triceratops spin is next. They were going with offbeat carny fun. What they got was a tacky mess on par with something out of Sea World level of theming.

The problem is that you are leaving DAK with precious few rides, especially ones for the younger set to be able to ride. I'm all for removing Dinorama, but It would be cool if they had some version of It's a Bugs Land or something similar to at least make up for the loss of those rides.

OG Runner

I wish Triceratop Spin had gone first. I actually enjoyed riding this. I really would be good if they replace it with something fun.
I also agree though that they should change the overall theming of the area. You don't go to Disney World for a cheap sideshow
feel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom