News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

fngoofy

If you’re gonna try to make it fair from a price standpoint you can’t get the two “cheapest” items on the menu. I think that’s pretty obvious. Hazy IPA is a great beer so not sure what you consider good beer.

This won’t be somewhere I go to often. But a birthday or special occasion? Definitely.

Three of us went to Le Cellier in June. 3 filets and a bottle of wine was $240, and the interior is fine but nothing overly unique. It was a special occasion and we loved the meal. This isn’t supposed to be an every day lunch spot and shouldn’t be treated like one. I’m typically pretty critical of Disney prices but this one doesn’t bother me.
Being in EPCOT is not an everyday occurrence. Therefore, anyplace that I have a sit down dinner, and that charges me $400 for a group of three to have said sit down dinner better be the best food I have ever had.

Le Cellier at $240 for 3 WITH a bottle of wine is high, but fine. $400 for what looks like weak dishes and the ambiance of the the Delta Sky Club?
Hard pass.
1632239642309.png

disneygeek90

Being in EPCOT is not an everyday occurrence. Therefore, anyplace that I have a sit down dinner, and that charges me $400 for a group of three to have said sit down dinner better be the best food I have ever had.

Le Cellier at $240 for 3 WITH a bottle of wine is high, but fine. $400 for what looks like weak dishes and the ambiance of the the Delta Sky Club?
Hard pass.
That's fine. I think it's an experience I'd like to try out. I can see it being a fun niche event for a special occasion.

UNCgolf

I suspect the lighting was modified due to reflection in the window. With the thin blue strip that was in the final version, it does reflect in the window. Not enough to be an issue, but I suspect the wide blue strip was too reflective.

You can see the reflection in this image.
Space-Restaurant_Full_44206.jpg

My issue is less the strips of light and more the overall lighting scheme. It looks too bright/white in photos to me.

havoc315

For tickets, it makes sense. Most 10-y.o.s can ride everything. For restaurant menus, it’s ridiculous. 12-and-under would be far more reasonable. Or just don’t assign an age and let people eat what their bodies want. Dare to dream.

What gets ridiculous is when dining includes alcohol (dining plan, fireworks parties, etc), and 10-21 year-olds get charged the alcohol-inclusive adult price.

Tom Morrow

Haven't seen it in person but the lighting looks better in videos than in a lot of the photos released. Which is more accurate? In many of the photos it looks too bright.

It's interesting that they used a real life rendering of Epcot including the backstage areas and everything.

Also, this took over Mission Space's extended queue area. What will they do if Mission Space actually needs it?

Dunston

I hope it's viable to step in just for a cocktail at the bar. Not gonna pay for a whole meal when there's better food elsewhere for cheaper in Epcot.

UNCgolf

Catching up on a lot of the media reviews and I'm getting the sense that the food is a bit of a flop.

It will be interesting to see what it's like in a few months or a year. If the place stays busy despite mediocre to poor food, there's no reason for Disney to improve the quality.

My guess is the food will continue to suck because people are going to pay just for the experience, the same as they do at places like Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It will be interesting to see what it's like in a few months or a year. If the place stays busy despite mediocre to poor food, there's no reason for Disney to improve the quality.

My guess is the food will continue to suck because people are going to pay just for the experience, the same as they do at places like Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table.
From our report the food is very good at Space 220. I think it is going to be extremely successful. Patina know what they are doing.

havoc315

No it isn't, first of all. Usually when you say "family of four" you mean two adults and two kids. That would be $220.

Plenty of "families of 4" have kids who are older than 10.
I'd actually build the average/median family visiting Disney as having 1 "Disney adult kid" and 1 actual kid.

That's what you'd pay at Shula's. So if the food was signature quality, I think the price is right. But it sounds like the food might suck.

Haven't seen enough reviews yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic that the food is okay. The danger is they could probably get away with serving marginal food and still book every table at high prices, due to the "experience."
I'm not expecting California Grill / Topolino's / Citrico's level dining. But I'm hoping is better than any Disney "1 credit" restaurant.

UNCgolf

From our report the food is very good at Space 220. I think it is going to be extremely successful. Patina know what they are doing.

I haven't looked at any reviews -- was just going off the post I quoted.

I don't think it looks worth the price, especially since I'm a bit underwhelmed by the windows (i.e. the main draw), but I would like to at least get into the lounge to see it for myself before passing any final judgment.

dreday3

I used to trust negative reviews more than I did the positive ones.
At one time negative reviews were rare, so when a blog posted one, I actually believed it.

Now that it seems to be who can post the funniest/worst/most sarcastic negative review, I actually believe the positive reviews more! 😂

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I used to trust negative reviews more than I did the positive ones.
At one time, negative reviews were rare, so when a blog posted one, I actually believed it.

Now that it seems to be who can post the funniest/worst/most sarcastic negative review, I actually believe the positive reviews more! 😂
The negative reviews I've been reading haven't been zingy or click-baity, just "eh, the food is okay but you go for the experience." That's not for me. For the price, the food needs to be amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom