MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

A lot are nicely themed. Shame about the motive behind them.
I was at DLP last week and whilst September is one of the quietest months the waits for the previous Fastpass attractions were so low... Buzz was walk on a lot of the day, BTM not above 20 minutes, SM/ST often 5-10 minutes.

What makes me think this was a genuine effect of FP removal and not the park being quiet is a lot of non-Fastpass attractions had what would I call typical waits for the time of the year when the FP attractions would be posting 30-60 minute waits.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was at DLP last week and whilst September is one of the quietest months the waits for the previous Fastpass attractions were so low... Buzz was walk on a lot of the day, BTM not above 20 minutes, SM/ST often 5-10 minutes.

What makes me think this was a genuine effect of FP removal and not the park being quiet is a lot of non-Fastpass attractions had what would I call typical waits for the time of the year when the FP attractions would be posting 30-60 minute waits.
Weekends have seen 40-60. It’ll be a year or more before we can see the true effect.

But I’ll find out for myself very very very soon :)

Last edited:

LondonTom

If waits stay that low, I can see Disney making changes, otherwise what is the point all this than to make more money? Maybe they will role out some version of MaxPass/Genie+(thus standby goes up, but more people willing to buy access for the whole day)

Disney are going want some investment on those shinny new readers!

Markiewong

I am quite convinced we will get Genie+, why would they place two scanners at each entrance? Besides, from an economical perspective it would be bonkers for Disney not to use the Genie+ system. Its basically a 15 euro increase in disguise that AP's have to pay for each day of their visit.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
So now that Harmonious has soft-opened (and yes, I know it's pretty weird to post about it here, but the question will make sense):
For those who have watched the streams, who here thinks that the music from the India/Jungle Book segment is directly lifted from Jungle Book Jive? I might be crazy, but considering Mark Hammond is attached to both projects, I wouldn't be surprised if he directly lifted the music and vocal arrangements from JBJ to Harmonious.

cjkeating

So now that Harmonious has soft-opened (and yes, I know it's pretty weird to post about it here, but the question will make sense):
For those who have watched the streams, who here thinks that the music from the India/Jungle Book segment is directly lifted from Jungle Book Jive? I might be crazy, but considering Mark Hammond is attached to both projects, I wouldn't be surprised if he directly lifted the music and vocal arrangements from JBJ to Harmonious.
It's a weird role reversal when parks are borrowing DLP music as DLP loves to use other parks music. 😅

SweetDuffy101

I do think its going to be a mix of new and past entertainment since Paris has already bought 4 fantasmic barges that can act as a rotating stage, That will be able to have multiple show elements like pyro and fountains.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I do think its going to be a mix of new and past entertainment since Paris has already bought 4 fantasmic barges that can act as a rotating stage, That will be able to have multiple show elements like pyro and fountains.
And screens too, but I'm not really fond of the inflatable ones Tokyo DisneySea had for their Fantasmic. Looks a bit odd, plus the (internal?) projections on it look a bit wonky at times.

maxresdefault.jpg

2018_11_06_58025_1541496164._large.jpg

tcool123

Isn't it common for the parks to borrow each other's music from time to time? I guess DLP does it more, but to be fair, the other parks don't use it anymore and it sounds pretty!
All the parks do it. The Play Parade theme has been used by DCA, DHS, and Hong Kong. Celebrate the Magic was used in the Magic Kingdom projection shows before being brought over to Disneyland for the 60th. If I recall correctly both Remember the Magic and Wishes included Wishes.

Paris reused a lot of the orchestration from Shanghai’s original firework show, and rumor is that Enchantment will will be reusing orchestration from the current Shanghai firework show.

Point being it’s a common practice for the parks.

Dear Prudence

1. NICE userpic/ username! #annnnddddddtheeeesooonnnetttzzzzzz
2. I think in re: the spoiler, I wasn't the only person who picked up on this!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
2. I think in re: the spoiler, I wasn't the only person who picked up on this!
It does make sense right? Both Mark Hammond and Yaron Spiwak worked on Jungle Book Jive so they both have access already to the tracks. It's just a matter of getting new singers for it. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually used those tracks during the initial Harmonious pitch...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom