Horrible maintenance at DCA today (9/14/21)

waltography

On RSR, the first two Maters were stationary and not even moving their mouthes, Frank did not rise up, and Doc also was not animated. Then I went to Monsters after Dark and Rocket for the upper level was not working. I don’t think I’ve ever ridden RSR with that many animatronics not working. Hope this gets fixed quickly.
This was the same for me on 9/11, except at least the second Mater was moving - that's new.

truecoat

On RSR, the first two Maters were stationary and not even moving their mouthes, Frank did not rise up, and Doc also was not animated. Then I went to Monsters after Dark and Rocket for the upper level was not working. I don’t think I’ve ever ridden RSR with that many animatronics not working. Hope this gets fixed quickly.

I went the second week of August. Frank didn’t rise up then either so it’s been broken for a long time. Doc’s mouth didn’t move and one of the other cars was out of sync. One of the tractors was already tipped over and I suppose the smoke effect is long gone. It’s not going to get fixed quickly. I’m going in November and wonder if it’ll be fixed then.

TP2000

I went the second week of August. Frank didn’t rise up then either so it’s been broken for a long time. Doc’s mouth didn’t move and one of the other cars was out of sync. One of the tractors was already tipped over and I suppose the smoke effect is long gone. It’s not going to get fixed quickly. I’m going in November and wonder if it’ll be fixed then.

It's a shame they can't just take a year and close the entire Resort for 12 months and just fix stuff like this. :cool:

DLR92

Oh no…I just hope they don’t become ignored forever like what happen in IJA.

A lot of props don’t work as much in IJA, that was my fear about RSR long run. :(

Sailor310

I was there. Soarin' made a clunk' when we transitioned to the show position. When the show was over, the lights came up, they made an announcement and we just sat there for 10 minutes. It's amazing how far down it looks with the lights up.
Little Mermaid stopped for several minutes as well. Could have been for disabled folks to board/exit .

TragicMike

Went yesterday and everything the OP mentioned was still down. Although Splash Mountain surprisingly had a good amount of their AA's working. Rise of the Resistance was down for the majority of the day so I went to City Hall to ask if I could switch my Boarding Group for Spider-Man instead since I didn't know Rise was going to be down, otherwise I would've canceled and tried to get that instead. The kind Cast Member told me she would but that would remove my Rise BG, which was dumb but whatever. I agreed since I could see everyone in line was upset about Rise being down so I didn't want to cause her anymore trouble over something out of her control.

Luckily about 45 minutes later I got a notification that my Boarding Group for Rise had been called. Not sure if it was a glitch, the Cast Member deciding to NOT remove my place in the queue after all or just karma, but I was able to ride both Rise and Spider-Man yesterday. I also assumed a lot of the effects would not be working but the Kylo Ren AA was fully functional after all! My younger brother loved the ride so it was a good day after all after a rocky start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom