News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

JohnD

I think it depends on pricing, but Disney is expecting high demand for LL at Rise.

So we can clarify, LL is both Genie+ and IAS. In the case of Rise, it's IAS only. That's what WDW seems to be saying anyway.

For even more convenience and flexibility, there are 2 other options for enjoying our theme parks, through a queue we are introducing called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:

• Disney Genie+ Service (Available for Purchase): For the price of $15 per day, per ticket at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per day, per ticket at Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories—augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Individual Attraction Selections (Available for Purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to 2 highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance—like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.
Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option.

dreday3

I think it depends on pricing, but Disney is expecting high demand for LL at Rise.

To be honest, my brother already said he would pay for everyone to ride Rise and wake up at 7 to purchase it. Although this was before stand-by was announced, but I doubt he will want to wait hours for it.
I said I'd pay for Rat IF we can't get a boarding pass. :D

But yes, we will be contributing to the problem.

dreday3

Honestly, I think Genie + and IAS will end up being a big win for Disney.

Just this ride alone has soooo much hype about it, anyone who doesn't go very often (like us) is going to want to pay for it if we can't get to ride otherwise. It's not like we can try again next month, or even the next year.
And I'm sure there are many, many people who will feel the same.

danv3

Honestly, I think Genie + and IAS will end up being a big win for Disney.

Just this ride alone has soooo much hype about it, anyone who doesn't go very often (like us) is going to want to pay for it if we can't get to ride otherwise. It's not like we can try again next month, or even the next year.
And I'm sure there are many, many people who will feel the same.
Or you just rope drop it and wait in line. It's not like you're missing much else at the Studios.

dreday3

Or you just rope drop it and wait in line. It's not like you're missing much else at the Studios.

I'm not waiting 3 hours for it. I don't even care if we go on it at all, but everyone else does! :D

If it's really going to be that expensive, we will just skip it.

I keep forgetting though, we can use early entry to get as close as we can to being front of the line when it opens. so there's that!

disneygeek90

They should probably start thinking about where to add some of these in the queue.

1631825012149.png

Dubman

They should probably start thinking about where to add some of these in the queue.

View attachment 587433

Whenever we rope drop a park I always tell everyone to make sure they go before we leave the Hotel. Every second you stop for a bathroom break once in the parks adds 10 minutes to your wait... Even if while waiting for the entry points to open, you cant really risk one taking a bathroom break because it can be very unpredictable... Bathrooms in the queue would be an excellent idea... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom