News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Piebald

I posted on Saturday the ride broke down but after about 40min it came back up. It wasnt a huge issue since we happened to be indoors while it poured quite a bit.

I was impressed with the ride. I got some mild Spiderman vibes without the thrill factor. The transition between screens and physical sets was very good. Videos dont do it justice so dont even bother coming to any conclusion. The 3D was crisp and the ride is a lot of fun. A welcome addition to Epcot. I'd wait about 30min max for it so I hope it doesnt become a disaster with insanely long queues.

aladdin2007

I posted on Saturday the ride broke down but after about 40min it came back up. It wasnt a huge issue since we happened to be indoors while it poured quite a bit.

I was impressed with the ride. I got some mild Spiderman vibes without the thrill factor. The transition between screens and physical sets was very good. Videos dont do it justice so dont even bother coming to any conclusion. The 3D was crisp and the ride is a lot of fun. A welcome addition to Epcot. I'd wait about 30min max for it so I hope it doesnt become a disaster with insanely long queues.

I don't see how when they are aren't going to allow a standby line, I just think its wrong to turn away guests, not everyone can win the lottery on the app to get a time slot.. people aren't going to be too happy when they walk up and get turned away. I really hope the decision is temporary.

EricsBiscuit

My thoughts: a very solid addition and exactly what Epcot needs. Epcot needs more dark rides. The trend has been cutting dark rides in favor of thrill. Fortunately, this ride has a decent duration (by 2021 standards) and feels like a great D ticket. It has more physical set pieces than you’d expect, but is still heavily reliant on screens. All the effects were working (as they should be). While it broke down earlier in the evening, they let us come back after dinner and we rode it twice. Seeing the marquee lit up at night was a real treat. The sign shop outdid themselves with this one. I was initially concerned that the Eiffel Tower would look bad from the back, but it doesn’t. The queue line is too small for such a hyped addition. We waited 30 minutes the first time and the outdoor queue was full. This is also due to the attraction having a decent hourly capacity (most likely between 1700-2000 ppl/hour, excellent for today’s Disney). Speaking of the queue, the outdoor portion is mostly covered! A major win! On the downside, the indoor portion is poorly ventilated and the hallways are pretty boring. At least the rooftop scene (which gave me a small hint of Mary Poppins GMR scene nostalgia) and art scene were good (despite my distaste for the art style of the pieces). They are crazy if they think the oil on canvas pieces on the walls will hold up for more than a short time. I was also concerned about too much French. I have ridden the ride in Paris and I guess I thought the whole thing was in French because my memory sucks. I was wrong. It is a great mix of French and English. The music is on point, although a little too sad for me at times. It’s almost the wrong kind of nostalgia you get from the music when it’s too sad. Overall, a solid 8/10. As many have said, not a headliner. But, it was not meant to be. It will definitely be a crowd pleaser and it is a solid addition to the lineup. Enjoy this opening while it lasts. After Guardians, WDW will be dry of new rides for the foreseeable future and we will have to look a few exits down I-4 for anything new.
501FFC58-C284-4BFC-BCC2-054289400580.jpeg
4B67FAF0-1BF7-48C7-98B5-3001CD6E5074.jpeg
D3DF1192-D690-4FAF-8B44-389B8C40AB65.jpeg
A0B53D00-029D-4533-BF2F-986329D29817.jpeg
FB2A1876-FF90-4D7C-A8A1-6669D2ED9920.jpeg

TikibirdLand

My thoughts: a very solid addition and exactly what Epcot needs. Epcot needs more dark rides. The trend has been cutting dark rides in favor of thrill. Fortunately, this ride has a decent duration (by 2021 standards) and feels like a great D ticket. It has more physical set pieces than you’d expect, but is still heavily reliant on screens. All the effects were working (as they should be). While it broke down earlier in the evening, they let us come back after dinner and we rode it twice. Seeing the marquee lit up at night was a real treat. The sign shop outdid themselves with this one. I was initially concerned that the Eiffel Tower would look bad from the back, but it doesn’t. The queue line is too small for such a hyped addition. We waited 30 minutes the first time and the outdoor queue was full. This is also due to the attraction having a decent hourly capacity (most likely between 1700-2000 ppl/hour, excellent for today’s Disney). Speaking of the queue, the outdoor portion is mostly covered! A major win! On the downside, the indoor portion is poorly ventilated and the hallways are pretty boring. At least the rooftop scene (which gave me a small hint of Mary Poppins GMR scene nostalgia) and art scene were good (despite my distaste for the art style of the pieces). They are crazy if they think the oil on canvas pieces on the walls will hold up for more than a short time. I was also concerned about too much French. I have ridden the ride in Paris and I guess I thought the whole thing was in French because my memory sucks. I was wrong. It is a great mix of French and English. The music is on point, although a little too sad for me at times. It’s almost the wrong kind of nostalgia you get from the music when it’s too sad. Overall, a solid 8/10. As many have said, not a headliner. But, it was not meant to be. It will definitely be a crowd pleaser and it is a solid addition to the lineup. Enjoy this opening while it lasts. After Guardians, WDW will be dry of new rides for the foreseeable future and we will have to look a few exits down I-4 for anything new.
View attachment 586912View attachment 586913View attachment 586914View attachment 586915View attachment 586916
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

James Alucobond

Would you expect them to be blasé and say, "Here is a copycat ride from Paris and it's okay. Ride it if you like." They hyped up the princess meet and greets as an awesome addition, after all. Plus, given how they ignored the parks, it kind of is a big deal if they open a new ride.
The marketing should tell them how utterly whelmed they’ll be. Hype them up for a middling level of enjoyment.

Missing20K

Would you expect them to be blasé and say, "Here is a copycat ride from Paris and it's okay. Ride it if you like." They hyped up the princess meet and greets as an awesome addition, after all. Plus, given how they ignored the parks, it kind of is a big deal if they open a new ride.
Ya, that wasn’t my point. I’m gonna just leave it be.

Missing20K

yeah i mean this is the first new major attraction added to epcot in many years, i get the hype. Its not an e-ticket but it seems to be well loved for what it is by everyone that experiences it.

The marketing should tell them how utterly whelmed they’ll be. Hype them up for a middling level of enjoyment.

This is a company that throws a parade every time that they build a new water fountain, of course they are going to be treating this as such.
I replied to the earlier comment, of which the second portion was implying the company didn’t think Rat was meant to be a headliner, by stating that DIS is treating Rat as though they believe it is a headliner. I said they are treating it as a headliner. I didn’t opine on whether they should or shouldn’t be.

Padraig

I’m so curious as to how this will be received when IAS goes live. Disney’s usual overhype hasn’t had a specific dollar amount attached to it in the past, and I reckon that expectation will bite them in the right here.

As I said before, it’s not a bad ride, it just fine, okay, acceptable, alright or as we’d say here in Ireland “grand”. We rode it once in Paris and could have walked straight on afterwards. None of us wanted to do it. And that included three kids under 6. Did Pan at least 6 times in the same trip.

etc98

It’s really a shame that they’re covering up all this dimensional signage with flat stickers. Even though the style is the same, the 3D look of the original signs made of multiple materials is so much nicer.

Hopefully the stickers are temporary and they’ll go back through and update the signs more permanently later, though I’m not counting on it

castlecake2.0

It’s really a shame that they’re covering up all this dimensional signage with flat stickers. Even though the style is the same, the 3D look of the original signs made of multiple materials is so much nicer.

Hopefully the stickers are temporary and they’ll go back through and update the signs more permanently later, though I’m not counting on it
I believe this is just temporary until sign making shop can catch up. Its not an easy project when every single sign is different materials/colors/fonts. I hope I am right.

ToTBellHop

I believe this is just temporary until sign making shop can catch up. Its not an easy project when every single sign is different materials/colors/fonts. I hope I am right.
That’s likely true, but they should have planned this far enough in advance to have appropriate signage before starting the system up. If that isn’t until November, so be it. The Disney Difference should matter, especially for a premium upcharge.

castlecake2.0

That’s likely true, but they should have planned this far enough in advance to have appropriate signage before starting the system up. If that isn’t until November, so be it. The Disney Difference should matter, especially for a premium upcharge.
I don’t disagree but with the mess the world is still in at least they made the temporary stickers match the area. I’ll give this one a pass for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom