News Deputies: Man used stolen iPad to give unauthorized tours, skip lines at Disney World

Rider

Original Poster

drizgirl

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The article makes it sound like they knew about the overrides for a few days before they found him leading a tour.

But either way they didnt know that the iPad was missing.
This is because they have devoted the necessary resources to an entire division of Cast Members responsible for tracking down and making sure that each AP member's household only gets one commemorative festival magnet.

TikibirdLand

The article makes it sound like they knew about the overrides for a few days before they found him leading a tour.

Kind of crazy they don't have automated auditing of those devices. Sounds like a CM (or former one) knew of this -- at least enough to provide the necessary password to unlock the device.

Hey Disney: There's this thing called "Two-Factor" Authentication. You ought to look into it.

ToTBellHop

Kind of crazy they don't have automated auditing of those devices. Sounds like a CM (or former one) knew of this -- at least enough to provide the necessary password to unlock the device.

Hey Disney: There's this thing called "Two-Factor" Authentication. You ought to look into it.
Well, the password was “pa$$word” and the device belonged to Chapek. It was literally my second guess.

Thelazer

What in gods name? Sounds just about as good when that other CM, used another system to gain access thru all the drive on gates.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It appears that Disney didn't even know it was missing. He got caught because they closely audit overrides.
From my sources they do "audit" them but not closely. They do have systems to look for irregularities and the device got flagged not for giving too many ( a single CM with authority may give out several hundred a day ) but the amount that were given to the same guests each time.

He was not leading a tour, it was the same people on all 3 days. They were not aware it was missing but it was not currently assigned to a CM. The person who had it is a relative of a 3rd party contractor that works at WDW. That's all I can say.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
How do you know he wasnt giving a tour when the police report says he was? Im gonna believe the police report to be fair.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
How do you know he wasnt giving a tour when the police report says he was? Im gonna believe the police report to be fair.
I was a LEO for 25 years. When I retired, I lived and ran a hotel in Kissimmee for 11 years I was a reserve deputy with Osceola County. We trained with Disney security on a monthly basis. I have plenty of contacts. I started as a reserve officer by the time I left I was a lieutenant. You can trust your news stories. I'll trust what I get from my contacts

Chip Chipperson

From my sources they do "audit" them but not closely. They do have systems to look for irregularities and the device got flagged not for giving too many ( a single CM with authority may give out several hundred a day ) but the amount that were given to the same guests each time.

He was not leading a tour, it was the same people on all 3 days. They were not aware it was missing but it was not currently assigned to a CM. The person who had it is a relative of a 3rd party contractor that works at WDW. That's all I can say.

I'm sure the suspect's relative is now a former 3rd-party contractor after this incident. There are only 2 possibilities here: the contract employee gave the iPad and password to the suspect or kept it in a location that wasn't secure and had the password written down. Either way, it's a serious breach of data security.

Dear Prudence

LOOK, I am NOT saying that everything went to blazes when they took the original bronze statues out of the WDW hub, BUT.....this...the lady with the cup in DLR, the guy with the ax, the fight on the ferry.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom